When will people learn NOT to use mobile phones whilst driving!

Jon TDI

I NEED TO RANT!!

Coming home last night, I joined the A19 dual carrieway behind a Peugeot 106, which was doing only about 40mph (the rest of traffic was at normal speed). I had to slow my speed right down to avoid going into the back of it.

This didn't really annoy me until I pulled out to overtake.

To my amazement, I saw a young lad with his mobile phone in his right hand, propped up on the top of the steering wheel, texting!!

Baring in mind that a few weeks ago a little kid got killed on the same stretch of road, I wanted to say something to this lad.

I dropped back alongside him & beeped the horn. He looked over, stared at me gormlessly & then stuck the V's up at me! :mad:

The thing is, not far from us was a Police car attending to an accident!

I really do hope he gets caught one day.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

folk over here in Ireland think that seeing as you cant talk on your fone with it next to your ear then holding it in front of your face with it on speakerfone is ok though!!!.....oh and more often than not theyre trying to juggle a cup of coffee and not wearing a seat belt!!

mini rant over!!!

k:)

I had the same thing yesterday. Guy in a Phaeton doddling along at 40mph weaving about a bit. finally moves over and he has a mobile pressed to his ear.

Isn't a 50k car like a Phaeton going to have built in bluetooth?

F^ckwit!

Isn't a 50k car like a Phaeton going to have built in bluetooth?

and even if it don't £200 will get you one fitted.....

I feel the same is true of most cars - the cost of the car kit is negligable compared to the car

Seems to be the thing to do now... squeeze the phone between the top of the steering wheel and the hub. Then text away. Never mind the fact it obsecures the dials. Idiots.

Crossing the road this morning saw a **** on the phone who subsequently took his remaining hand off the wheel to change gear.

It is annoying.Until the penalty is an instant ban people will continue to risk it.

Mind you,I remember the days when you didn't have to ring/text your mom/boyfriend/girlfriend/friends every 2 seconds

It is annoying.Until the penalty is an instant ban people will continue to risk it.

Sod that. They should make you place the phone on the road and drive over it (after informing the service provider so you can't claim you lost it and get anoth on insurance)

i',m important,and recieve important calls, they don't call it a mobile for nothing you know,and no i don't want blue teeth,or one of those infernal parrot things, i hate birds so i'm stuck after all when the wife rings and asks what time i'll be home for tea and what do i want it could be the difference between aweful chicken slop an sausage chips and beans therefore its a chance i'm willing to take.:o

Probably around the same time EVERYONE wears a seat belt (how long has that been law now :think:)

The main difference is those who aren't wearing a seat belt are the ones who are going to come off worse in an accident - that i can live with.

Totally agree with the comments above. Its is one of my pet hates. When you are sat behind someone who is talking or texting on a phone you can see how little they are concentrating on the road and who's around them.

I bought a sony headunit for my Fabia that has bluetooth buitl in, but i very rarely make calls, i just receive them.

My Brother is an offender for driving on the phone and i keep pointing out the £60 fine is more than a £20 headset, and the points will cost him on insurance too, but he still does it.

I think i've just figured out what his Xmas present this year will be..

To answer the question in the thread subject - Never, because a large proportion of the population is fundametally stupid.

When will folk stop using mobile phones while driving? Simple answer! When they get killed in the accident they cause.

It isn't just mobile phones -

When will people stop smoking? When they die of heart disease or lung cancer. (Unless you include their cremation :) )

When will people stop drinking to excess? When they die of liver failure.

Like I said - a large proportion of the population is fundamentally stupid!!

Unfortunately the stupid tw4ts will take a load of innocents with them before the social Darwinism clears them from the planet.

I agree Skinnyman, When oilburnt has crashed into redbaron's family and killed himself and the family, they might just realise the sense in not using a mobile, comments like that only come from idiots, they too probably don't indicate as its too much hassle!

My car has built in blue tooth, and it downloads the phone book to memory, so i can voice activate any outgoing call & touch a button on the steering wheel to receive a call without having to touch the phone.

But I will only make out going calls if i really really have to.( usually when stuck in a jam to say I will be late home :) )

I agree Skinnyman, When oilburnt has crashed into redbaron's family and killed himself and the family, they might just realise the sense in not using a mobile, comments like that only come from idiots, they too probably don't indicate as its too much hassle!
as long as i don't spill my brew on my crotch it be right:rofl:but come on surely important situations like your tea could warrent being let off,its life or death is tea time.

To answer the question in the thread subject - Never, because a large proportion of the population is fundametally stupid.

When will folk stop using mobile phones while driving? Simple answer! When they get killed in the accident they cause.

It isn't just mobile phones -

When will people stop smoking? When they die of heart disease or lung cancer. (Unless you include their cremation :) )

When will people stop drinking to excess? When they die of liver failure.

Like I said - a large proportion of the population is fundamentally stupid!!

Unfortunately the stupid tw4ts will take a load of innocents with them before the social Darwinism clears them from the planet.

totally agree with you :thumbup:

here's some more proof..

Death text driver faces jail - Yahoo! News UK

Mark

Sod that. They should make you place the phone on the road and drive over it (after informing the service provider so you can't claim you lost it and get anoth on insurance)

Absolute genius

People using a mobile when driving really boils my **** !

The amount of people I see every day using the phone when driving is unreal, the fine should be raised to 6 points IMO then maybe people will take note !