WRC Style Spoiler FINALLY Fitted!! What do you think?

Yella

I know we've all seen WRC spoilers fitted before but I've just had mine done. I'm wondering if there are any other 'Atacama Beige Metallic' (Bronze in other words) Octavias with a WRC style spoiler fitted?

I know they can be a Marmite modification but let me know what you think.

Photo571-2.jpg

Photo572.jpg

Photo573-2.jpg

It's not perfect when you get close up to be honest, but the spoiler did only cost me £40 on fleabay! And unless you get to within 6 foot it looks as good as it does in the photos.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wahey!!

1 ok. The 18's are sat in the garage. I'm just pondering a refurb and some new skoda centre caps before putting them on. As for the VRS front I was trying to steer away from just making it into a VRS but it's not out of the question.

Wahey!!

1 ok. The 18's are sat in the garage. I'm just pondering a refurb and some new skoda centre caps before putting them on. As for the VRS front I was trying to steer away from just making it into a VRS but it's not out of the question.

was a 'not to bad'....... not an 'ok'!!

Subaru's and Evo's manage to get away with the big spoilers, maybe because their road cars bare more of a resemblance to the actual rally cars which inspire the look, but most other cars look a bit silly. Having said that, there is a bit of a backlash in the Scooby community with many owners going for the 'spoilerless' look, which I have to agree, looks very good. Sorry, but on a family bland-wagon, in Jewish Racing Gold, it looks a bit Barry.

Do you like it?

It's all personal preference, I bought the vrs for it's wolf in sheeps clothing traits, so to me a spoiler larger than stock is not for me.

All the power to you though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well the bigger wheels are in the garage awaiting fitting. Unfortunately the car is away with SWMBO so that's having to wait.

I've done the wolf in sheeps clothing for 2 years now. Now I fancy a bit more of a wolf in wolf's clothing!

Looks like the 'no's' have it then :rotz:

But I like it :D

Sorry only works on vRS's.

210124177d19be2a26b41ad4b64d7c9c487115ed33f4bf0bbf728952308881ae54f4864c.jpg

Well my new wheels are the same as these so with the exception of the front and rear bumpers (and the colour of course) mine will be exactly the same as the one above. why wouldn't it work then?

Well my new wheels are the same as these so with the exception of the front and rear bumpers (and the colour of course) mine will be exactly the same as the one above. why wouldn't it work then?

Because it's just NOT a vRS!

Just to emphasise what I said about the originators of the silly big wing turning their backs on them, this is a Scoobynet members Spec C Type RA-R, which is probably the best Subaru money can buy....

3238_94051730738_779160738_2501229_.jpg

3238_94051725738_779160738_25012-1.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

Spoiler-less !

Just to emphasise what I said about the originators of the silly big wing turning their backs on them, this is a Scoobynet members Spec C Type RA-R, which is probably the best Subaru money can buy....

]

046.jpgSpoiler-less !

Now that does look the biz..... nothing 'spoiling' it :thumbup::rolleyes:

Now I fancy a bit more of a wolf in wolf's clothing!

Sorry, but no - you are creating a sheep in wolf's clothing. It doesn't suit the car at all imho. It's beige, it's an elegance, the rest of the car has nothing whatsoever sporty about it.

But I like it :D

That's all that matters.