Which Features / Options Would You Like to See?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Privacy glass on the hatchback (still don't understand why this is not an option).

Bi-Xenon headlights (as opposed to Xenon). The Seat range has these.

Gas-strut to hold the bonnet open (even a VW Lupo has this).

Illuminated mirror in passenger sun-visor on vRS.

(referred to my MY08):

- standard feature: rear sunshades integrated in doors (like in old Megane), perfect for shielding children from sun, when needed;

- standard feature: radio/CD command NEAR and not ON the steering wheel (my VRS lacks even the latter), so that you can always find it, w/o error;

- standard feature: perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned but I miss a led telling your parking lights are on, while driving;

- option: agree with electrically folding mirrors (not auto, so I can decide);

- option: stiffer RARB;

:D

...and phone interface not taking control of every aspect of the MFD and of stream radio panel. A steady "PHONE" display doesn't help a lot... if you have long lasting phone calls you miss everything.

Edited by Genoa1893
...forgot to add...

Passenger side ejector seat.

Or simple soundproofing of front passenger seat area as a cheaper option?

More seriously:

Heated screen - absolutely! Cannot understand why only Ford of the major manufacturers seems to offer this. Major benefits, not only on frosty mornings, but also to avoid having to have the aircon on to avoid screen misting on rainy days.

Flappy paddles on DSG-boxed vehicles - seconded

Adjustable thigh supports on front seats - ie those that slide forward/backwards; again, used to be standard on Ford sporty derivative seats

And one to wind half of you up: Option of genuine wood veneer trim ilo silver false alli inserts

And another: choice of interior trim colour ... especially please - may I have a lighter coloured rooflining; it's so doomy in there!

Heated screen - absolutely! Cannot understand why only Ford of the major manufacturers seems to offer this. Major benefits, not only on frosty mornings, but also to avoid having to have the aircon on to avoid screen misting on rainy days.

IIRC Ford patented it as they developed it.

As stated above the higher priced Octy's should really be coming with Bi Xenons as standard.

Leather on the bottom spoke and rim of the vRS steering wheel, and for it to be slightly smaller.

Cup-holders in the rear, and a cubby in the rear arm-rest.

Front cup-holder that are better positioned and hold a variety of sizes.

Electric drivers seat (with memory) on vRS (as an option).

I think a lot of these options come down to VAG politics, i've got a fair few of those on my passat, and as its already been said, even the VW lupo gets a gas strut for the bonnet, the only reason I cant see them being on the Skoda's is politics

1. 170CR engine in L&K

or. Electric memory seats in vRS, and options to make it L&K spec...

AND it should be able to use bio-diesel.

2. A button on the steering wheel that does the same as the TP button on the radio. Often a traffic alert comes from way outside my area (York when I was driving past Newcastle upon Tyne today!) and it would be great to be able to opt out of it quickly without going to the radio. To be honest the volume buttons are not so useful. Usually I just turn the knob.

3. Heated front windscreen.

4. bi-xenon lights (now that I realise the octavia ones are actually only part xenon. What a naughty marketing ploy. The spec says "xenon headlights" not "xenon dip beam".

5. an auto disengaging clutch when i take my foot off the accelerator. I had this in a Vauxhall automatic, and above 40mph it just freewheeled. When i accelerated again or it dropped below 40, the engine cut in again. It saved fuel.

6. Satnav at a sensible price, or fitting kit to put a pda, phone or satnav box in a sensible spot that does not obscure the windscreen or require a mounting kit on a sucker. I was told today that satnav would have no value after 3 years, because the system would have moved on so far.

7. DSG on the 4x4

8. ability to mix and match ANY options on to any core car.

9. Electric folding mirrors sounds neat.

10. Electrical seats with memory for the passenger as well as the driver. they could be set up so that my key sets the drivers for me, and the passenger for my wife. And hte opposite for her key.

11. Heated rear seats too.

12. A carrier bag hook in the front passenger well.

13. A sport mode for the suspension, as well as for the DSG.

14. Electric boot closure. I saw it on the passat estate.

What I don't want

A. Adaptive cruise control (until it improves, then I am strongly for it). According to a previous thread, it brakes to slow you down, and that will cause traffic jams as people behind also brake thinking you are slowing fast. If it was intelligent adaptive that merely cut off the power initially, and used engine braking, I would have it.

B. Those led running lights next to the fog lights. They should be up top like the audi.

C. Silver / chrome highlights on the steering wheel. I think the new one I saw today is dreadful. Nothing that is not important to driving the car should distract from looking out the window. If I wanted distractions I'd install furry dice.

Edited by Fellwalker
added 14

Backlit LCD displays, even when the lights are off.

And a heated windscreen.

(My last Fiesta had both these features, so it's disappointing not to have them on the Octavia)

Some decent soundproofing to reduce the road noise.

Maxidot as standard

The silver trim around the radio to be aluminium or at least have that sort of look rather than cheap plastic looking.

You may need to buy an Audi.

Basic Skoda car is very good and the price reflects the small shortcomings.

We can have some extras but they all tally up.

Try it, add all the extras to a basic Octavia.

That said I would like most of the above and I have a Columbus, Xenons, etc.