furbi vrs mpg

Lloyd55vrs

hiya folks

could i just do a wip round on what your fabia vrs's are getting mpg :rolleyes:

driving nice :thumbup: if you could chuck in a around town normal day mpg and what kind of thing you get on a nice run. say motorway at steady pace :D

just seeing how ours matches up? i think it need a good service :(

or maybe its a sign to swap for a SE :rofl:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Town 48

Drive to work town and Urban 53 over sixty miles

50mph average long journey 300miles about 63/5 mpg AND hey I arrive at my destination alongside the guy who overtook me at eighty 150miles earlier :-)

110mph at some place or other 38mpg over sixteen miles

National

Town varies 23 - 38mpg had it as low as 19mpg though, but in town i do stop start so £10 does me 68miles

Mixed about 45mpg

Motorway at 60 i often see 64mpg and get around 480+ miles to a tank

Ive just took the tank to empty - Got 405miles!

How are people getting so many more?

I was fuel concious too! The previous two tanks i only got 370! Gonna reset the trips on the way to work and see how i get on!

Are you serious?

I get 400 to half a tank on 95% of my tank fulls.

I don't do much town driving, and i try to avoid motorways at all times, so my journeys are usually a good mix and A and B roads, and if i drive to the speed limits, i normally see 64mpg on my 140 mile commute home at weekends.

Tank average is usually 55-58mpg.

I managed to get from home in Devon to the Nurburgring (which is just about 600 miles) on ONE tank! Half of the journey was in 30 degree heat, with me having the aircon on all the time also. I was not driving like a granny either, probably mixed between 70-90mph. I always use the vent method, usually sees me up to 50 litres I can fit in the tank. So my quick calculations means I was doing about 54mpg.

mines in my sig and thats averaged over 10 months of ownership, its EVERY fuelling ive ever put in the car, most of my driving is town driving with the odd bit of motorway, as its done on that site with my mileage its 100% accurate, and not some of the crazy dash indicated figures you can get

i recently went up to scotland, and including some A road driving up there, and some of the motorway back, all done at legal speeds, i got 55mpg from that tank which is the best ive ever had from a tankful

im considering buying a new MAF sensor as some people have seen better mpg from putting a new one on even though no faults were present

Town varies 23 - 38mpg had it as low as 19mpg though, but in town i do stop start so £10 does me 68miles

Mixed about 45mpg

Motorway at 60 i often see 64mpg and get around 480+ miles to a tank

Think you need a driving course mate! It's Glasgow not London either that or get out yer bed earlier:P. You should never see less than 40 in a furby.

Lol i drive my car hard mate, every car i've had gets driven hard

I'd seriously never buy a car after i've owned it lol, it'll have had death everyday of it's life with me! But they are always serviced and well maintained regardless of cost thats one thing i make sure of

30.3mpg has been the average over the last two fill ups. Thats 300 miles from a full tank til fuel light comes on. All town driving.

Bearing in mind the spec of my car and that i drive it nice and hard I am overjoyed at this figure!:hooray:

Mine's averaging 60 MPG since I bought it 5-6 weeks ago and best on the 30 mile motorway trip to work is 77 MPG :thumbup:

All taken off the MFA.

Most of my journeys are to work and back so mostly motorway miles.

bit sad but Ive logged / measured all mileage and fuel i've since new and over 2yrs 3mths in my SE I'm currently sitting on 45.8mpg, computer typically sits around 50.5 so about 5mpg out against actual, I probably do about 60% urban and 40% longer run stuff.

380 miles and the fuel light has come on. Average on a tank is 51-54mpg, which is commuting into london on A roads (10miles) and A40 (10miles)

How are you only getting 380 miles out of a 55 litre tank, but managing 50+ MPG?

Your figures don't make sense.

I make 380 miles on 50 litres: 34.5 mpg

380 on 55ltrs is 31.4 mpg

380 on 60 litres (venting the tank) is 28.7 mpg.

MPG Calculator.co.uk - Work out your cars Miles Per Gallon

Guys, where are these crazy figures coming from?! I can't fit any more than 38-40 litres into my tank - I vented it a couple of times the other day when filling it up but it only seemed to let me put in a tiny bit more fuel before venting was required again and it just takes too long to keep taking the nozzle out, vent, put nozzle back in, fuel, repeat again and again. I'm getting 400-410 miles to a full tank pretty much as standard, which means I'm getting around 44-45mpg on average across the board.