What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

By end of play today I managed to get my interior finished........well, all except for the rear off side door trim, which is wrapped, but not stuck in place

Haters can hate, but I'm really pleased with it :sun:

DSC_3744.jpg

Bryan - that is pure class! I wasn't convinced with the steering wheel photo but really like it 'all in', even if it is a bit blingy!

PS - you need to do the door handles!

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

That reminds me I put mine on too :happy: and a nice clean engine bay , but not as fancy as Robs

2012-06-10145625.jpg

Had to take apart the oil cap so it fits horizontal on a M2

2012-06-10145615.jpg

And today took it for its first outing - after putting on a Briskoda sticker, of course - 150 miles around the Yorkshire Dales. Shame it was overcast, but it was a great day out. Even keeping the revs down it was still a lot more fun to drive than my old Octy, though we did miss the copious clutter space in the back!

gallery_80615_568_28184.jpg

pulled my lower grill section back into place and ordered a new number plate... after someone had decided that kicking my car was acceptable punishment for parking (perfectly legally) on the roadside outside thier house.

They also left a hand written note on my windscreen advising me among other things that their need to park on the public street outweighs mine and that I should seek alternative parking.

pulled my lower grill section back into place and ordered a new number plate... after someone had decided that kicking my car was acceptable punishment for parking (perfectly legally) on the roadside outside thier house.

They also left a hand written note on my windscreen advising me among other things that their need to park on the public street outweighs mine and that I should seek alternative parking.

I've had similar before - a resident of an edge-of-city-centre street had nicked some cones from a nearby road repair and placed them in front of thier house to stop people parking - something that is actually illegal to do. It was the last space available on the street so i moved the cone down the road a couple of yards and parked my car legally as no-one actually has a legal right to park in front of thier house on the public highway. Next minute the resident is out of her house shouting at me, tellig me to move and asking me where her husband was going to park when he came home. I simply pointed out to her that I was parked legally and walked off ignoring her ranting.

She was not happy!

• Like 1

As a footnote to the above, a neighbour from a main street used to park outside our house, he has a garage and room to park 3 cars, but as he has 3 sons with cars and they do not want to move them they parked 2 cars outside ours , so I parked outside his for four days, only use on days off, the guy came out and said this was his house why am I parking there, I said I cannot park outside mine, your sons park there!, they stopped parking outside .Anyone can randomly park outside my house, but 2 cars constantly , when they had an empty garage, and drive was a bit much

Went out yesterday for a drive in the Peaks after dropping the boys off at school. Alice Cooper playing/dry roads (for now) & 2hrs later arrived back at home & went to bed ready for my night shift

As a footnote to the above, a neighbour from a main street used to park outside our house, he has a garage and room to park 3 cars, but as he has 3 sons with cars and they do not want to move them they parked 2 cars outside ours , so I parked outside his for four days, only use on days off, the guy came out and said this was his house why am I parking there, I said I cannot park outside mine, your sons park there!, they stopped parking outside .Anyone can randomly park outside my house, but 2 cars constantly , when they had an empty garage, and drive was a bit much

I get that with my current neighbour - a driveway but they never use it so randomly abandon two cars on the road, generally partially in front of my house and partially blocking the driveway of the neighbour two doors down, even though there is more than enough space onm thier property or in front of thier house. Neither of us can be bothered to talk to them about it though as they are just that sort... although interestingly they have had a go at the other neighbour when he has done the same to them??? :thumbdown:

• Like 1

5433810701_a2df361237_o.jpg

5433810763_bf2f44f5f8_o.jpg

That's miles (as opposed to kms) isn't it Rob? I wonder how many 100,000 milers there are in our part of the world? Not many I'd guess, given that's 160,000kms! What mileage did you bring your car here with?

Edited by Simon Cobb

That's miles (as opposed to kms) isn't it Rob? I wonder how many 100,000 milers there are in our part of the world? Not many I'd guess, given that's 160,000kms! What mileage did you bring your car here with?

No it's kms - I got the dash re-coded before bringing the car out to NZ. It had just over 36,000km on the clock when it was certified here.

292498_10150951357640901_197096790900_12430093_1744503720_n.jpg

It's up to 112,000 now :)

• Like 1

Fitted a new oil pressure switch on the Fabia to hopefully get rid of the random beeps and warnings that have been popping up and then put some spray grease on the ARB and front suspension bushings on the Octavia to get rid of a creaking groaning noise over bumps. Driving both should be quieter now :happy:

Edited by skomaz

Had both badges replaced under warranty, whilst I waited ... that was not expected, well done Caffyns (Ashford) :thumbup:

Will not be gracing Beadles (Maidstone) premises again ..... never met a dealer so rude .... 3 muppets on the service desk who are too busy to deal with a customer stood in front of them .... BUT they will come off the phone, shuffle some paper and then MAKE a phone call to someone else whilst ignoring the person stood in front of them. WTF??

They are obviously snowed under with work, so me not using them in future will be hopefully doing them a favour.