What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Gave the old girl it's annual service in the afternoon yesterday. Only 5000 in the year but **** me the oil gets grim in a diesel quick and to imagine this oil (Mobil 1 5w30 ESP up to 507:00 spec) can be used on Variable and go 3 times that distance. Hengst oil filter,Hengst fuel filter,Hengst pollen filter. Took 'pot luck' on ECP choice of 'premium' air filter and it turned out to be Bosch,exactly the same as last year but choosing the 'premium' filter instead of specifying Bosch you save £2.

Took it to the circus at Hartlepool to see beautiful women do things that you'd wish they'd do closer up.

Also 6 motorbikes going round the little globe thing at once, and other acts. Was a great show, by the way, anyone thinking of going, it's on tomorrow for 2 last shows then it's going somewhere else.

Did a lot of work in the garden so filled it full of rubble, any other junk in the garden and some old drawers from the shed. 

As soon as I got back and helped put the children to bed, went out and hoovered it as it was covered in soil even when I tried to be careful and put the boot mat in!

Took it to the circus at Hartlepool to see beautiful women do things that you'd wish they'd do closer up.

Also 6 motorbikes going round the little globe thing at once, and other acts. Was a great show, by the way, anyone thinking of going, it's on tomorrow for 2 last shows then it's going somewhere else.

Planet Circus is that?

Nothing today. Im getting the big fella to clean it for me cos im poorly heheehe. Drove from middle of Dartmoor back to the east kent coast yesterday so its covered in dead bugs etc.

Gave it snowfoam, pressure washed, TBM wash, PW'd & towel dry - the first since Easter Monday. Pleased to see the Sonax BSD is doing its stuff - very easy to get it clean. Taking it over to Skipwith Common National Nature Reserve this afternoon, so no doubt it will get muddy again.

It wasn't so easy doing SWMBO's i10 afterwards, as that has had very little TLC over the time we've had it. That got snow-foamed, PW'd, washed, clayed, PW'd, washed & PW'd again, followed by a coat of Collinite 476S, and a final coat of Sonax BSD. The birds have already been at it since :( Oh, and the wheels are still shockingly dirty, as nothing I have gets the black streaks off them. I might wash it again in six months...or give in and take it over to ChrisRS to sort out!

(Saturday)

Serviced the little blue man.

Oil, fuel, air an pollen filter, dropped the oil and brake fluid.

Had a good check over with the car on the ramps, much better than trying to crawl under with a jack. My mechanic friend did his usual fiddling and checking, all seemed well, with the exception of a disffected rear tyre, the inside of which was 'lumpy' apparently there are numerous reasons behind this, I was told it is the cause of quite a noisy ride.

Tyres are Toyo Proxy's

JRJG

Oh, and the wheels are still shockingly dirty, as nothing I have gets the black streaks off them. I might wash it again in six months...or give in and take it over to ChrisRS to sort out!

Take a bit of your clay to the wheels, should lift off the marks for you :)

Sunday...Hoovered out Milly and Matilda and replaced the rear light clusters on Matilda.

Monday...took Matilda and family :) to Bodiam castle then washed them both and discovered that microfiber towels are amazing.

Also washed some filth covered blue thing my in laws drove up in and found a Mercedes hiding underneath. ,)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Edited by MattHunt

Productive Skoda day. Got Fabia's wheels aligned/balanced (had been a bit noisy last week and seemingly tracking was badly out, still a bit of weird road noise though), checked spare and was looking in bad shape so went to get it replaced. The guy at the tyre place noticed though that it was only a 4 stud wheel - wouldn't have done much good if I got a flat! Had to go to the scrapyard anyway so picked up spare wheels for it and the Octavia which only has the compressor/gunk (had to get a smaller tire on the Furby one, cheap enough though).

Finally got myself replacement trim for the b-pillars but mustn't have looked closely enough and the bottom section are the wrong colour (blue in stead of black), will do for now though, no more bare metal! Also finally got a parcel shelf and my replacement 12v socked arrived today.

Joined Freedom!

had a tyre replaced, apparently my slow puncture was down to damage on the inside of the tyre so I couldn't see it. I think it may have been one of many potholes possibly? 

Also told I need new discs and pads all round soon and 2 new fronts! joy

Any hidden gems near Durham?

Was only on the way to work so nothing too exciting. 

Nice little back road, 7 mile longer but generally quicker than the boring A1. 

post-116692-0-60182800-1399458362_thumb.png

Changed the headunit from this:

ajy2aduh.jpg

To this:

4a5ujy4e.jpg

Also changed the brand new 16" steel spare for a brand new 18" Neptune and tyre

With help from FUBAR :)

Hi 

how much it did cost you new colombus?

I whould love to change my Bolero too :)

Drove it to Harewood Hillclimb. Found a matching Musky Yeti in the paddock, not racing but the support car for an NSU TT. The forecast is for heavy showers but so far it's warm and sunny.