Fabia RS official photos and info

Very true - I'm a very contented Mk 2 pre-facelift owner :thumbup:

I still vastly prefer the looks of the original Superb too. Fine looking motor car that was, and still is. Such a shame they didn't do an estate version of it.

I'm really puzzled as to how the current styling seems to have gone all wrong with Skoda now.

They all look unproprtioned and messy now imo.

Have they changed their sylists or summat?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The outside looks gawky in my opinion, and the interior is woeful. The original Fabia (and vRS) have a kind of timeless simplicity but this new vRS looks dated already. And no diesel? I'm glad I didn't waste any more time waiting for this new model to come out and got something else instead. Still, that's just my opinion. I look pretty gawky and dated myself.

Doesn't look as 'grrr' as the last one,

Wossat suposed to mean then eh :rofl:

I agree with you Ad Lav actually.... Although I'm sure it would be fun to drive and all that,

And as I said before I quite like the interior... But outside I think it looks like the sort of car that

inadvertently appeals to women... I could be wrong but Mrs Grr thinks it's "cute" ???? Uh-Oh!

.. I've read this whole thread and I

haven't yet seen anybody use the word FROG....

There... I said it.... The lesser spotted black backed Czech tree frog...

Now I've really said it.... I'll get me coat... Back to Fabia 1... ;)

Woooooooooo!!! shame about the diesel but i think i could take the economy hit for 18k miles a year. An estate, happy days! I think its a real looker, seems im in the minority, I noticed whats Babs noticed too about the blue illumination inside.... its not a Golf.

Couple more of the Combi. The hatch is growing on me more and more, I'm thinking Rallye Green or Race Blue with white wheels and roof....

FabiaRS10.jpg

FabiaRS11.jpg

Postman pat:giggle:

Is that spec and options list definitely the UK version, it could be the European spec. Central locking and flappy paddles as options, no choice of xenon lights!

I hope that is the case, xenons i can sort of understand, they are an expensive option for a car of this list price. RCL is surely a standard fit on what is effectively going to be the top specification of the FL Fabia. Also what would be the point of supplying a DSG gearbox without paddles? I hope this spec is clarified/sorted for the UK.

Might get banned for this but; bet ya a facelift Roomster vRS would be the business - lowered, 18" allys.

Is there anyone out there with photochop skills who could oblige. Go on, let's see what it'd look like.

Couldn't possibly look worse than this vRS Estate. It is just plain awful.

I'm preparing to duck!

Edited by ming

Personally, I think It's a missed opportunity for Skoda. The original vRS had a USP - a warm Hatch, which was a Diesel. And it was received quite well, hell, even Jeremy Clarkson gave it a good write up in his Times column. I read somewhere that it was a wolf in sheeps clothing - quite true.

Have Skoda let their recent success go to their head?

I can't understand why they couldn't cover all bases and produced a Petrol and a Diesel version, as well as a Manual and DSG. There is nothing, unlike the original vRS, which makes it stand out from all the others - just another VW Group Hot Hatch.

Why not do something drastic, cash in on their Motorsport campaign - the S2000 Rally car - beg, plead, with VW to use their 4Motion system, and produce a 4WD Hot Hatch. The it would be different - but, yes, expensive.

Sorry, I'm not interested in this new version, just doesn't look right - too narrow, too tall. It needs lowering/widening.

I do wonder how much Skoda's hands are tied by VW.

SkodaFabiaRS.jpg

Is this the worst colour of Fabia ever? Dunno which country is getting this (the descriptor 'bogey green' comes to mind) but check out the Australian perspective on the forthcoming RS launch on the following website:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/59232/skoda-fabia-rs-geneva-2010/

Some interesting comments posted by the Aussies, who don't currently get the Fabia. One in particular (might just be 'man in pub' speaking as opposed to someone with an actual insight), ponders the way the various VW family members are heading...

"The fact is that with cash for clunkers programes in Europe Å koda factories were working last year 24/7 on Fabias and yet the demand was higher than they could satisfy. Now they will open new line in India, and probably the Fabias that you will get to Au will be made there. As to the Seat – Seat is currently VW’s biggest issue, salaries higher than in Å koda and productivity wayyyyy behind. And relibility… check any british web and you will see, how “well made†they are. And recent rebadging of A4 instead of producing own model makes quite clear, where the Seat is heading. They still have more aggresive design, thanks to the politics of VAG from 10 years ago (Audi and Seat were supposed to be the “sporty†while VW and Å koda more “conservativeâ€), but the new VAG management doesn’t continute this philisophy, so with Veyron’s designer as chief in command of Å koda’s design, there will be probably some changes in future."

1) Personally, I think It's a missed opportunity for Skoda. The original vRS had a USP - a warm Hatch, which was a Diesel. And it was received quite well, hell, even Jeremy Clarkson gave it a good write up in his Times column. I read somewhere that it was a wolf in sheeps clothing - quite true.

Have Skoda let their recent success go to their head?

2) I can't understand why they couldn't cover all bases and produced a Petrol and a Diesel version, as well as a Manual and DSG. There is nothing, unlike the original vRS, which makes it stand out from all the others - just another VW Group Hot Hatch.

3) Why not do something drastic, cash in on their Motorsport campaign - the S2000 Rally car - beg, plead, with VW to use their 4Motion system, and produce a 4WD Hot Hatch. The it would be different - but, yes, expensive.

4) Sorry, I'm not interested in this new version, just doesn't look right - too narrow, too tall. It needs lowering/widening.

5) I do wonder how much Skoda's hands are tied by VW.

I'll address each of your points in turn, as I have numbered them above...

1) - The original Fabia vRS only sold well in the UK, and Skoda needs to make a car with wider appeal to sell in greater volume.

2) - It will most likely have the option of the 2.0 140 CR TDI at a later date, as per the Ibzia FR. Please read the other posts on it.

3) - Would be good, however, it would be north of £20,000. Twenty thousand pounds for a bottom-of-the-VAG-ladder supermini. I think not!

4) - I agree. But with a beating from the lowering stick, and some wider wheels it will look better.

5) - Very. Skoda have to make money to survive and the best way of doing that is providing value. Which they have done previously by offering good cars for budget money. Take a look at what the Superb can take on from the Germans. The Octavia is well thought of. And the Fabia has had very good reviews. Skoda just can't go off and make whatever they feel like!

Pity that Skoda PR couldn't have taken some proper photos of the cars on a Beach; have you noticed they are standing on tarmac with waves behind! Check against the photo below.

As to the cars themselves, I'm sure the new vRS will sell well and I can understand the VAG group ethos of using the same 1.4TFSI powerplant in the Polo, Ibiza and Fabia BUT I feel the Fabia has lost its 'cool' character by moving away from a TDI engine.

Surely the new 1.6TDI CR diesel, which is being put in the Fabia & Roomster in 'normal' output levels could have been tweeked to produce something around 140/145bhp and 235/245ftlb to be a true sucessor to the original vRS - RIP.

PS> oops; just seen AndyRAC's post in the same vein. Don't think the 2.0L TDI will be put in the Fabia; too big and heavy.

Doesn't look as 'grrr' as the last one, won't be shelling out my millions yet lol :)

To quote our friend Ad Lav, the original vRS did have the grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr factor :D

I know I really liked it the first time I saw one.

It ticked all the right boxes, and even after all these years, it STILL does.

Assuming a June release date when do we think that the UK spec & pricelist will be released. Im assuming a 12 week build for demo cars and release day delivery so would we expect to see the spec for the end of this month/early April?

Also i assume with the large output/low capacity arrangement that this will need to run on premium unleaded?

Pity that Skoda PR couldn't have taken some proper photos of the cars on a Beach; have you noticed they are standing on tarmac with waves behind! Check against the photo below.

As to the cars themselves, I'm sure the new vRS will sell well and I can understand the VAG group ethos of using the same 1.4TFSI powerplant in the Polo, Ibiza and Fabia BUT I feel the Fabia has lost its 'cool' character by moving away from a TDI engine.

Surely the new 1.6TDI CR diesel, which is being put in the Fabia & Roomster in 'normal' output levels could have been tweeked to produce something around 140/145bhp and 235/245ftlb to be a true sucessor to the original vRS - RIP.

PS> oops; just seen AndyRAC's post in the same vein. Don't think the 2.0L TDI will be put in the Fabia; too big and heavy.

Diesel isn't cool.

And the Ibiza FR has an option for the 2.0 140 CR TDI. Please read my posts :)