Look what the kids have done! Help

IMG_0388.jpg

Hi,

Looking for some help and advice. I went out to the car this morning and found that my 3 year old, had drawen on the back passengers door with a stone. The once nice black

paint is now covered in deep scratches

How / what is the best way to get this repaired, how much is this likely to cost and anybody recommend a place to get this done in the Ayrshire / Glasgow area.

Hope I have managed to attach photo.

Any help & advice , many thanks, Robert.

have to be a smart repair, if you can get your nail in the scratch you cant use polishes with fillers you just have to get a smart repair im affraid, well thats in my experience and your photo looks like it has gone down to the metal. Ryan

Try with polish first. From what I can see some of it will come off.

Then if you donnot intend to have the door painted, just buy a spray can of clear coat and with a small brush paint over de scratches.( the ones that could not be polished out)

Edited by alberg

Gutted for you.

If it makes you feel any better SWMBO drew a star on her Dad's car with a stone when she was a little girl. She thought it made the car look "pretty".

Hope the repair isn't too costly.

IMG_0388.jpg

Hi,

Looking for some help and advice. I went out to the car this morning and found that my 3 year old, had drawen on the back passengers door with a stone. The once nice black

paint is now covered in deep scratches

How / what is the best way to get this repaired, how much is this likely to cost and anybody recommend a place to get this done in the Ayrshire / Glasgow area.

Hope I have managed to attach photo.

Any help & advice , many thanks, Robert.

Try Paul at Spectrum http://www.spectrum-glasgow.co.uk/aboutus.html, Tell him Mr Wheels gave you his details, he should be able to sort this for you

rjc,

When I was 4 my Dad took delivery of a brand new Morris 1100.

For some unknown reason I got a sharp stone and scratched a bottom with weewees and poopoos coming out of it on the drivers door.

I denied all knowledge of it, but was later rumbled by my sister who showed my Dad my colouring book with the same image on the back page !

Hope you get it sorted, your son is normal.

Oh that's bad - luckily my lad (who is 4 now) just drew on walls in the living room, which as they needed painting anyway I could live with. However, a proper paint repar job will not be as expensive as you think - the mobile chips away people always seem to have a very good reputation in terms of dents and scratches and prices (but they are a franchise operation so I guess standards may vary a little) - chipsaway

That might be fixable by painting the screen with a plastic based clear varnish/lacquer to fill the scratches. All it has to do is be reasonably close to the refractive index of the plastic the screen is made from to make the cracks disappear...

Try one of the scratch repair mobile vans, they can do a good job on vertical panels, hope you get it sorted fairly cheaply. cheers - Stuart

Try chips away or local mobile repairs they are almost as good as a body shop, it really does depend on your preference, perfection or nearly perfect. TBH i would settle for nearly perfect and spend the saving on a present for your car...SWMBO can't really complain about it can she?????