Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Drove into Waitrose, St Albans, on Wednesday evening and another Corrida Red parked opposite. Left them to get to know each other better but no baby Yetis on the way. (My Yeti is very shy).

Also saw one this morning also near Waitrose in St Albans and got a wave from a young lady. Think she was waving at me not the car!

Got a cheery wave from a dark silver urban lunchtime today around Watford ring road.

Had to laugh at the cmax and fiesta trying to beat each other around the town hall roundabout :D

They are still somewhat of a rarity down in deepest Dorset.

Drove along the coast today to Beer in Devon and back.

Spotted 3, strangely 2 were from abroad.

A red one from Holland and a silver one from Germany!

Ah, you were just down the road from me in Colyton. Since moving here from St. Albans last January, we've discovered that East Devon seems to be the natural habitat for Yetis, seeing two or three most days, far more than the one or two (except for JCP's one just round the corner) a week we used to see in St. Albans.

So common are they that no-one seems to wave or flash their fellow owners, except for yesterday when I exchanged waves with the owner of a black one as we travelled in opposite diections at the entrance to Tesco's carpark, Seaton. First wave in eight months.

I thought spotting seven last Sunday from Enfield to Great Yarmouth was good. Today I managed nine from Hemsby to Welwyn Garden City - about 125 miles that include the A1064, A47, A11, A14 (briefly), A11 again, A505, A10 and A414.

4 white (at least one was a Greenline and one was an Urban)

2 black (one was an Urban)

1 light blue

1 silver

1 muscovado brown

Glad I'm getting a red one (ooh, er) as they're getting rather com..., er, popular :giggle:

I saw my first 62 plate car on Saturday morning - it was a shiny new bright red Yeti in Waitrose car park just off the A45 near Higham Ferrers - it looked wonderful, showroom fresh, glistening in the sunshine. Other 62 plate sighting since then have been quite depressing - mainly Nissan Jukes (what ugly cars !) and a Quashqai, a couple of Audis.

Pete

Saw an Aqua Blue Yeti while we were parked and walking at World's End, near Llangollen - http://goo.gl/maps/IWkE4 On the way home today we stopped at Chester Service Area on the M56 and as I got back to the car there was another Aqua Blue 1.2 '12 plate SE parked nearby. A minute later an '11 plate Steel Grey Greenline pulled up nearby as well. That's the most I've seen together outside of the dealership I got mine from. Saw a Candy White ('60 plate I think) on Walton Road in Wetherby this afternoon,after we got back, but haven't seen any while actually driving during the whole trip!

Saw an Aqua Blue Yeti while we were parked and walking at World's End, near Llangollen - http://goo.gl/maps/IWkE4 On the way home today we stopped at Chester Service Area on the M56 and as I got back to the car there was another Aqua Blue 1.2 '12 plate SE parked nearby. A minute later an '11 plate Steel Grey Greenline pulled up nearby as well. That's the most I've seen together outside of the dealership I got mine from. Saw a Candy White ('60 plate I think) on Walton Road in Wetherby this afternoon,after we got back, but haven't seen any while actually driving during the whole trip!

I flew threw that junction on the M56 today from the A5117 heading towards Manchester but didn't see any Yetis today.

I did see one at Hayes park at the woodpecker Rally, it was muscavado and parked across from us.

I followed a 12 reg Steel Grey TSI 4x4 Elegance from the Roebuck area of Stevenage into Knebworth around 5:45pm yesterday.

It was well behaved in the 30 mph section but driven in a good Briskodian manner on the unrestricted section between the two places. Didn't get a chance to wave.

Overtook an aqua blue (I think) Yeti with a trailer on the M4 West between Swindon and Chippenham at roughly 3:40pm today, I didn't notice until I passed so waved and received a blink of the headlights, anyone here? I do notice passing Yetis (Yetii?) do seem to acknowledge each other more than any other car I've had. Maybe they are all related :giggle:

Saw a few on Mull recently, with a white one (Greenline I think) being on the same ferry back as us (Craignure to Oban) on Sat 8th Sept. Also saw a silver one with a worse dented rear door than mine in Tobermory (I caught a post with mine turning into a gateway :doh: ). There was also a silver one parked up in Bunessanon.

Then lost count of the number seen on the drive back, with about 10 seen on the stretch between Oban and Glasgow. Seems to be the car of choice for those roads, and I can well understand it. Mine was brilliant for the trip.

Got a wave back from a pale coloured (maybe Aqua Blue) on the A149 just outside Wells next the Sea on Wednesday afternoon. Certainly plenty of Yetis in Norfolk. Every remote carpark I visited seemed to have one.

Andy

I have seen three today, all southbound on the M6 between Carlisle and Wigan, one towing a caravan, one with Guernsey number plates and one on its own with a wind deflector on the drivers window.

Yeti is very popular now! it would seem

I have a feeling this Thread will have to move over to the Citigo section soon, there are 3 in my immediate neighbourhood now, and I know of at least 2 others within 2 miles radius - all new with 62 plates.

And there was me hoping to be the first one in my street to have one.

Worse still I wont be able to wind all the people who get stuck at the bottom of the hill when its gets icy, it doesn't get gritted you see, they will all be sailing up the hill the same as me :giggle:

Are you talking about Citigos or Yetis?

I suppose, if we are to play by the forum rules, then spots on Citigos should be in the general spotted section.

Are you talking about Citigos or Yetis?

Yeti's

My point was that once upon a time they used to be a rarity, and therefore this topic was of interest.

They are now in their 4th Year and recently they seem to be everywhere.

Citigo's on the other hand have only been out a few months and partly because they don't have a distinctive body shape are consequently harder to spot

Last night we parked outside toys r us in Livingston. We were one of 5 yetis in that part of the car park (big retail park so could have been a lot more). They really are so common I don't comment on them any more than I do on fabias or octavias. If they have briskoda stickers then that's different but I would do that in the general spotted section rather than here.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by domhnall

I followed a 12-reg TDi (110) last night, about 19:30, along the A33 past the Madejski Stadium. It was red with a silver or white roof. I was never a fan of the red but this did look good.

Coming home from WRGB yesterday afternoon I followed KS** ODW, a Muscavado 4x4, from Newbridge on Wye to Llanidloes. Not sure if they'd be out on the Rally as well, but there was a mag-mount aerial on the roof.

They didn't respond to my flash and wave whilst behind them, though!

Saw a Silver Yeti today in Castmaine after our Mountain Bike ride. I said to my mate "I wonder if they'll wave?" and they did!

Yetis are rare here and it's great to see another. We've got quite an exclusive little club going :-)