Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Booked mine in this morning to get done on saturday at alex laurie, aint been in there since i cancelled my mk2 vrs order in 2006.

Hope he doesnt hold a grudge. lol

I've been told by my dealer that " they never got paid for the last 3 they did" and that they would have to wait to see whether my recall was accepted!! Have given them numbers off coil packs (L's) and car details. I was told its not a quick process to hear back from Skoda so dont expect an answer straight away?!! :thumbdown:

Well it is booked in for next Thursday, the service guy was telling me they upgraded the spec again and I should get four new ones to the latest spec.

He did say that they would normally check 1st and then order the spares but because they know me they will order them in ready.

I will let you know how it goes.

Problem is, Im on isle of Wight. Only one dealer. For the price of a ferry fare to mainland plus time off work I may as well buy them myself. I've emailed Skoda UK. Waiting to hear back.

Ahh ringing another dealer wont help you then haha. Unfortunately you get that sometimes with dealers, I find the quality of the staff varies massively from dealer to dealer.

Would any VAG dealer perform this recall?

Ahh ringing another dealer wont help you then haha. Unfortunately you get that sometimes with dealers, I find the quality of the staff varies massively from dealer to dealer.

Would any VAG dealer perform this recall?

I would have thought so, the same recall for vw, even with dealers from same group you get different attitudes. Dm Keith in Leeds will not replace skoda emblem badges( front and rear) or centre caps for wheels, says it is wear and tear, but Dm Keith in Bradford will replace them all under warranty :thumbup:

Thanks rk696 for bringing that to our attention! had mine done after work yesterday, have to say, my car will not be going back there again, most of the staff are willing to help, but the one bloke that served me...just seemed like he couldnt be assed being there really, not helpful at all and not really interested in his job. Also i oredered a throttle body gasket and the same bloke says 'what do you want one of them for?' and then proceeded to tell me that he has never changed a throttle body gasket after cleaning it, quality workmanship there!! rant over ;)

Car was booked in to Robert Bamfords in Gloucester today for them to check, had the car back 15 mins later and they need replacing :) , they're going to ring when they get them in for fitting :thumbup: .

No quibble at all even though the cars now 8 years old with 93k on the clock.

Just found four J codes in mine, and they all are very white and show obvious signs of tracking, so I guess I'll be phoning Grey Gables in Curbridge in the morning. Hurrah.

Just not looking forward to what else they'll find wrong with it. (I haven't done a proper service yet, or fixed that many of the faults)

Thanks rk696 for the recall heads up :thumbup:

Got the original coil packs changed on my 53 plate vrs that have only done 23k from new and had been trouble free.

The dealers must have done some sort of ECM reset while they had it cos it goes like $hit of a stick now.

I think the ECM must have pulled back the ignition timing and boost due to the "V power" fuel well and truly going off, which comes as no real supprise as it had been in the tank for over 10 months.

Bill.

Mine's now booked in for next Wednesday. Fairly straightforward getting it booked in, and no quibbles so far. Either they've already done some at Grey Gables, or she just took my word for it that there was a service notice. She did take the bulletin number off me though, so I guess they will be checking. I find it interesting that apparently they have plenty of the coilpacks in stock too. (Perhaps I should have asked which version they have in. :giggle: )

Thanks to rk696 for pointing this out btw. You are indeed a truly awesome dude, who I'm sure Skoda will be really fond of, now that this has done the rounds big time. :giggle:

Don't sweat it, you made a lot of new friends here. B)

Edited by demonufo

Thanks rk696 for the recall heads up :thumbup:

Got the original coil packs changed on my 53 plate vrs that have only done 23k from new and had been trouble free.

The dealers must have done some sort of ECM reset while they had it cos it goes like $hit of a stick now.

I think the ECM must have pulled back the ignition timing and boost due to the "V power" fuel well and truly going off, which comes as no real supprise as it had been in the tank for over 10 months.

Bill.

Yeah, that fuel can't be any good after that long. Probably worse than supermarket sh*te!! That's reminded me actually, not sure where I read it, but apparently, the hgiher octane stuff goes off pretty quick (talking weeks), bringing it back down to standard 95 performance. Anyone else heard of this?

Mine's now booked in for next Wednesday. Fairly straightforward getting it booked in, and no quibbles so far. Either they've already done some at Grey Gables, or she just took my word for it that there was a service notice. She did take the bulletin number off me though, so I guess they will be checking. I find it interesting that apparently they have plenty of the coilpacks in stock too. (Perhaps I should have asked which version they have in. :giggle: )

Thanks to rk696 for pointing this out btw. You are indeed a truly awesome dude, who I'm sure Skoda will be really fond of, now that this has done the rounds big time. :giggle:

Don't sweat it, you made a lot of new friends here. B)

lol, Skoda must love me! I think they were trying to keep it quiet. :D

after having coil pack fail on my nine year old vrs last friday rang sherlodge skoda up in kent on the monday had to limp it there on tuesday and after 45 mins all up and running with four new coil packs no questions ask! so very pleased and car seems so much better than it has for last year. :thumbup:

Yeah, that fuel can't be any good after that long. Probably worse than supermarket sh*te!! That's reminded me actually, not sure where I read it, but apparently, the hgiher octane stuff goes off pretty quick (talking weeks), bringing it back down to standard 95 performance. Anyone else heard of this?

Not sure, but I remember from my first motor (Metro 1.3HLE) many aeons ago, when filling every two weeks, she'd go like absolute **** off a shovel with a full tank of fresh fuel compared to the aging empty tank. Literally in two weeks. This was on standard four star leaded though. No high octane stuff there (though I did try 100 octane Cleveland Gold once and it was grrrrrrreat). Never really noticed as much difference on any other motor, as I always drove much heavier cars after that with no real performance to speak of. In fact the vRS is the only relatively sporty car I've had, other than the wife's cars which I rarely drove anyway (MkII MR2, Merc SLK230, BMW E92 335SE)

The other mechanics I work with take the p!ss when I go on about how fuel goes off really quickly. :dull:

Edited by demonufo

4 new coil packs today, they now end in 115U and are grey topped, he told me that R versions will still not be replaced if fitted.

Feels so much smoother / quicker.

(Metro 1.3HLE) many aeons ago, when filling every two weeks, she'd go like absolute **** off a shovel with a full tank of fresh fuel compared to the aging empty tank. Literally in two weeks.

Sorry I had to chuckle. "Metro 1.3HLE2 and "absolute **** off a shovel" in the same sentence. :giggle:

Had to read it again as though it said "absolute pile of *****. :rofl:

You did say that the VRS is the only sporty car you have owned and that sentence proves it... :smirk:

forgive me no offence.......

The dealership don't want to change my coilpack. :(

They say that are ok,and the codes are not included in the recall program.

What codes have your new coilpack?

I have 1.8T AGU type non-RS

Sorry I had to chuckle. "Metro 1.3HLE2 and "absolute **** off a shovel" in the same sentence. :giggle:

Had to read it again as though it said "absolute pile of *****. :rofl:

You did say that the VRS is the only sporty car you have owned and that sentence proves it... :smirk:

forgive me no offence.......

:rofl::giggle:

Aw c'mon, I did say "compared to 2 week old petrol"! :D

To be fair, it was quicker than any other Metro I drove by quite a way, except for MG Turbo's. It actually did 0-60 (indicated, that is) in 10.8 seconds. Totally standard in EVERY way. Of course, in A series style, you had to pull the choke most of the way out to make it go that quick. :giggle: