Show us your winter wheels

I still cant find some 18's :wonder: Need a set of winters for the tfsi but have to 18's to clear the brakes.

If any has any for sale please PM me.

Got 16" Audi alloys with Wintrac extremes for the estate and they are very good.

We have a fair bit of snow ATM so looking forward to giving them a proper test :happy:

I still cant find some 18's :wonder: Need a set of winters for the tfsi but have to 18's to clear the brakes.

Got 16" Audi alloys with Wintrac extremes for the estate and they are very good.

We have a fair bit of snow ATM so looking forward to giving them a proper test :happy:

You can buy 18 inch winters online. Blackcircles and mytyres.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

just wheels or wheels+tyres?

I'm going to put my winter tyres on my neptunes so i will be selling the titanium 18" bbs rd256 that I've been using recently as my winter wheels. Pic on p13 of this thread. PM if you're interested?

You can buy 18 inch winters online. Blackcircles and mytyres.

I know but its more than I want to spend ATM so looking around for a more cost effective option.

I need them for a blast over the Czech for a long weekend. It's crazy I know but with the petrol costs etc I just cant justify spending £800+ on new wheels and tyres.

just wheels or wheels+tyres?

I'm going to put my winter tyres on my neptunes so i will be selling the titanium 18" bbs rd256 that I've been using recently as my winter wheels. Pic on p13 of this thread. PM if you're interested?

I will consider anything TBH, wheels and I can source tyres or a full set up.

Just had a quick look and I like them. PM me some prices and I can decide from there. I'm assuming your using the tyres or are they still available as a set?

IMG_0447.jpg

Feels abit bouncy compared to the 18's i can finally give her throttle without spinning up! :)

I was about to go and check out of the window that you hadn't stolen my car but then I realised that one's way to clean to be mine :D

Edited by RizzoTheRat

Standard winter set up working well today...

Škoda 6.0Jx15" Avantgarda steel wheels

Škoda Avantgarda hub covers for 6.0Jx15" steel wheels

Nokian WR G2, 205/60 R15 95 H XL

25012013967.jpg

25012013968b.jpg

Full-size 225/50/R17 Nokian WRG2s on Yeti Spitzberg alloys. Been done before by other people, and thanks to them for the idea 'cos I think they look cracking on a silver car - I'm just too snobbish to have black steels on! And they look even better when they're clean!

post-78539-0-68102700-1359228235_thumb.jpg

post-78539-0-28472300-1359228265_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No pic yet....but a set of Conti Winter Contact 850s have just gone our Octi 2, black steels, fitted and balanced etc from mytyres.co.uk. Took a week to arrive and the courier delivered to the wrong house but the car feels grippier and tighter in steering although the tyres are not yet run in.

My wife vetoed the black steels immediately despite my 'function and safety' comments and we now have silver plastic covers on over the top :)

Full-size 225/50/R17 Nokian WRG2s on Yeti Spitzberg alloys.

That looks great. Is 225/50/17 a standard Octy size then as well, for the Scout/4x4 ?

Just sold a pair of 225/50/17 winters, but thought they'd be Yeti-only on a Skoda....

That looks great. Is 225/50/17 a standard Octy size then as well, for the Scout/4x4 ?

Just sold a pair of 225/50/17 winters, but thought they'd be Yeti-only on a Skoda....

Its a Scout only size, other models use 225/45/17

Full-size 225/50/R17 Nokian WRG2s on Yeti Spitzberg alloys. Been done before by other people, and thanks to them for the idea 'cos I think they look cracking on a silver car - I'm just too snobbish to have black steels on! And they look even better when they're clean!

post-78539-0-68102700-1359228235_thumb.jpg

post-78539-0-28472300-1359228265_thumb.jpg

That looks great!

• 1 month later...

Wardy, do you have any more pics of your car on the TT winters?

Had a set of 17in A3 Sport winters (there'll be pics somewhere on this thread) but thought I was going to be selling the car so sold the alloys. Then decided to keep it so now on the lookout for another set of winters and I've got the chance of getting a set of those TT rims.

I'd thought about going anthracite on them too so would be good to see how they look.

Hi - don't think I've taken any more since those fitting photos, but I can get some more taken. Anything in particular you want to see?

They work really well and I'm pleased I took that direction - with an 8J and a lower offset they sit, and look, a lot better.

Not sure what the colour code is on them and they've been DIY painted I think, so I'll get them properly refurbed when they come off, sometime when it gets warmer! Will look to get as close to this colour as I can though, as I like them.

Cheers,

Steve

Just a general side on shot of the car now that it's settled would be good, but don't go out of your way mate :thumbup:

My A3 Sport alloys were a proper Audi winter part so they were only 6.5J and they sat quite far into the arches so I was never happy with the stance. Good to hear that the TT ones will be a bir better in that repsect. Plus I quite like the fact that they are similar to the Neptunes.....

Edited by Stevoraith

No problem at all. It's sat parked up at home so you can have a side-on shot no problem. And I'll take a photo down the side as well, so you judge stance.

These are ET47, 8J.

To be honest as soon as I took my Turinis (ET42 18x8) off first time round and put my original Pegasus with winters back on, I knew I had to do something! At standard Skoda offset, with it lowered it didn't look good at all; looked like the wheels were hiding in the arches!

• 7 months later...

Come on lads its that time of year! Show us your winters!!

Haha I was just about to revive this topic myself.

Even though I have just posted the same pic in another thread, here they are....

post-94997-0-74473200-1384108496_thumb.jpg

Got a set of Halfords hub caps to fit as I want to protect the wheel nuts. Also it pleases the wife as she is not a fan of the steelies!

Paul

• Like 2

Haha I was just about to revive this topic myself.

Even though I have just posted the same pic in another thread, here they are....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Got a set of Halfords hub caps to fit as I want to protect the wheel nuts. Also it pleases the wife as she is not a fan of the steelies!

Paul

How many winters have they done, if any?

They look immaculate. I'm struggling to find any sensibly priced alloys and am worried the steelies will rust too quickly!