The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Dramatic photo there Richard. Did anyone get black flagged in that session?

Not that I saw, although I personally saw about 4 or 5 people that should have been. :D

• Like 2

Not that I saw, although I personally saw about 4 or 5 people that should have been. :D

Yes - from watching the youtube video of the "nuts" session, there should have been a number of black flags issued!

• Like 1

That's crazy! Had the Marshalls gone to sleep at that point?

When I had my drivers brief, just after 10, they had issued 4 already!

• Like 1

Been there, done it Taylor, took the v-storm to castle Combe before it was ready, rushed it to get on track, you know the rest.. Untold stress and annoyance.. Chill, don't set deadlines, take your time and get it right. If you set yourself self imposed deadlines it takes away the enjoymnent. Once sorted and all working, book yourself a track day that you enjoy, rather thinking about something breaking..

Poxy iPad, wrong thread, lol my bad.

• Like 3

I've liked because it made me smile - took me until the middle of the post to realise: "I think this might need to be in the GTV thread" :D

Get rid of the exhaust, only extra weight and it obstructs the gasflow......

May play havoc with the sound test at Bedford :-)

• Like 1

I'm on focusrsoc, I will go check their top time from the session after :)

I saw a number of RS parked up waiting to go.

Being the Mountune session I'm guessing there were a few mods between them.

No doubt some fast machines there.

• Like 1

They recently released the MR420 package for the mk2 RS, I know 2 of them came up top of the times on thei session, but can't find a lap time :(

The RS 420 lapped in 1:25.something so you're ahead Rich, I believe that was stripped out too

Thanks Josh. :)

I'll keep an eye out for MSV updating the board.

Happy with that considering the Yeti's lack of aero.

• Like 1

The RS 420 lapped in 1:25.something so you're ahead Rich, I believe that was stripped out too

Found the video you linked me into.

Very tidy lap from that 420bhp prepped Focus RS and still 1.2 seconds slower than the Yeti.

And my lap wasn't that smooth. :D

• Like 1

this is a brilliant car. i was blown away on combe by it and hence finding this thread after a google search. it may be pointless but i have to make a comment on the moment you went on the grass passing the bmw. anyone who thinks that was the bmw drivers fault needs their brain looking at. he was clearly already overtaking himself. what you did was downright dangerous and not the first dangerous move you pulled. iv noticed you have dissabled all the comments on youtube as you know what you will get. the car is blindinly quick but that doesnt give you the god given right to be an idiot.

• Like 2

this is a brilliant car. i was blown away on combe by it and hence finding this thread after a google search. it may be pointless but i have to make a comment on the moment you went on the grass passing the bmw. anyone who thinks that was the bmw drivers fault needs their brain looking at. he was clearly already overtaking himself. what you did was downright dangerous and not the first dangerous move you pulled. iv noticed you have dissabled all the comments on youtube as you know what you will get. the car is blindinly quick but that doesnt give you the god given right to be an idiot.

Were you the BMW driver?

• Like 1

So you don't think the BMW driver should have checked his mirrors, realized he was being overtaken himself and stayed to the left rather than moving over to the right regardless of the Yeti that was passing him already?

• Like 4

So you don't think the BMW driver should have checked his mirrors, realized he was being overtaken himself and stayed to the left rather than moving over to the right regardless of the Yeti that was passing him already?

the bmw driver had already initiated his own overtake.he never left a gap on the right to allow the yeti to pass. its not a race situation

2.40mins the bmw has the moved setup. anyone with a brain can see his concentration has a track day driver not a race driver would be on his overtake.he stayed right through the whole move. at no time if i was behind him would i think that hes leaving me a gap. iv been track driving for many yrs and am aggressive myself but when a move is not on its not on. the gap was never there in a track day situation. racing yes there was a gap and contact would have happened in a race  but this wasnt a race.

• Like 1