The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

I wonder if EVO magazine will contact you to run a article on your Yeti now that they have seen it?.   :D

Unlikely, I don't think they do much on modified cars.

Usually OEM cars and occasionally an aftermarket package you can buy.

Neither of which really applies to the Yeti. :D

• Like 1

Bad luck Richard on the problem but good luck with going for absolutely bonkers power LOL! It's going to be hard to describe at that sort of power.. it leaves you breathless enough as it is now. Let alone lighter and almost 50% more power..... hmmm I think you may need to carry airplane sick bags for the passengers. :D

It has cracked a piston.

Apparently not unheard of with this engine highly tuned and used mostly on track for long periods.

Second hand engines are expensive.

The cost to fully forge this one, port the head and do the valves is about the same as a decent replacement.

But I don't want to spend a fair amount of money on it to be back where we started.

The engine forging is going to take three months...  and will mean it can handle a lot more power.

Plan is to just turn it up to 11.  So I can see an improvement for the outlay.

Richard proving that he IS sensible............. :D

TBO I'd do the same, who would want a direct replacement with the same potential issue?................if for the same cost you can make the engine way stronger & get rid of the "issue"!.... :nerd:

Of course the up side is it will handle more power, .....& we all know that you won't scratch that itch....................... :x

...............Because you already have the plans for turning up it to 11 as you say, it does make me wonder if this "breakdown/problem/issue" is all a rouse to be able to carry out your already in place plans for the power upgrade & get this past SWMBO.........................

:notme:

• Like 2

Plan is to just turn it up to 11.  So I can see an improvement for the outlay.

Great philosophy and one I apply to everything in life, shame the spinal tap reference will be lost on most of the younger members but essentially if its broke don't just fix it make it exponentially better so you see some benefit from having the pain of fixing.

Will the gearbox handle turning it up to 11?

No, but we have a few options.

The stronger synchro is now going into production and an upgraded gear set is looking likely next year too.

JDR are happy they can sort it.

It only needs to handle a bit more torque.

It's currently 500bhp/470lb/ft.

Most likely it'll end up with 700bhp/550lbft or thereabouts.  Guesstimate!

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 4

No, but we have a few options.

The stronger synchro is now going into production and an upgraded gear set is looking likely next year too.

JDR are happy they can sort it.

It only needs to handle a bit more torque.

It's currently 500bhp/470lb/ft.

Most likely it'll end up with 700bhp/580lb'ft or thereabouts.  Guesstimate!

So only light speed then! :)

Richard proving that he IS sensible............. :D

TBO I'd do the same, who would want a direct replacement with the same potential issue?................if for the same cost you can make the engine way stronger & get rid of the "issue"!.... :nerd:

Of course the up side is it will handle more power, .....& we all know that you won't scratch that itch....................... :x

...............Because you already have the plans for turning up it to 11 as you say, it does make me wonder if this "breakdown/problem/issue" is all a rouse to be able to carry out your already in place plans for the power upgrade & get this past SWMBO.........................

:notme:

I think getting plans past She is one issue Richard doesn't have!

• Like 2

So only light speed then! :)

Got me thinking about warp speed.............

so made this up in honour of Bossfox

post-70632-0-71312100-1447240565_thumb.jpg

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 3