What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

The absolute clot in an Audi RS6 that overtook me and the car behind me on a blind bend over double solid white lines, while I was doing 55 in a 60! Fortunately nothing was coming, but what I don't get is that he gained nothing, we were on a busy road, and within 1/2 mile we had stopped at the back of queue!

Also, his number plate was R66 RSX, but the screw in the first 6 was placed so it read RS6 RSX.

The idiot who drove into the back of the Octy whilst my wife was sat in it waiting to pick the kids up from school and then got all arsey over it, refusing to give his details and suggesting his car was more important because it was new and ours was only an old Skoda...

The wife phoned me so I said phone the police as the station is only round the corner and he has a legal obligation to provide his details.  She did so handsfree in the car and as soon as he realised she was serious he was all sweetness and light but then got arsey again after she hung up.

Fortunately I still have the tow bar fitted for the bike rack so the only damage to ours was a couple of light scuffs that'll polish out.  I'm hoping his is worse!  Shook the wife up though!

I felt like calling him to suggest that when he gets a new car he ought to learn how big it is before driving it and to tell him how much of a **** he was but she'll see him at school most days as his kid is in the same year as my youngest...

The absolute clot in an Audi RS6 that overtook me and the car behind me on a blind bend over double solid white lines, while I was doing 55 in a 60! Fortunately nothing was coming, but what I don't get is that he gained nothing, we were on a busy road, and within 1/2 mile we had stopped at the back of queue!

Also, his number plate was R66 RSX, but the screw in the first 6 was placed so it read RS6 RSX.

That rs6 sound is to die for!

11 year old car that now though.

We had an RS6 in for paint and I had to deliver it to our 'shop for the job, a round trip of around 65 miles.

Yes, they are quick and sound amazing, but they are bulky and cumbersome and not as good as the RS4 in my eyes.

My wife drove it with me as passenger, went for an overtake full throttle and was about 300 yards down the wrong side of the side before she pulled back in as it went for the horizon so fast that she did not realise how quickly she'd passed the car.  Sounds great, pulls like an aircraft but is just somehow clumsy and heavy and headachey/stressy.

We both preferred the stock white Police V70 D5 with the "police pack" on it to drive; nuclear quick, nimble, smooth, accurate super comfy and stress-free at very high speeds.

All part of the fun of my job!

We had an RS6 in for paint and I had to deliver it to our 'shop for the job, a round trip of around 65 miles.

Yes, they are quick and sound amazing, but they are bulky and cumbersome and not as good as the RS4 in my eyes.

My wife drove it with me as passenger, went for an overtake full throttle and was about 300 yards down the wrong side of the side before she pulled back in as it went for the horizon so fast that she did not realise how quickly she'd passed the car. Sounds great, pulls like an aircraft but is just somehow clumsy and heavy and headachey/stressy.

We both preferred the stock white Police V70 D5 with the "police pack" on it to drive; nuclear quick, nimble, smooth, accurate super comfy and stress-free at very high speeds.

All part of the fun of my job!

I know what you mean, they are a big car. Lovely though.

I've had that on a bike before. You get sort of side tracked by the acceleration and you end up pulling in late. Ever so strange.

• Like 1

every day i take my son to school i see mums and dads with kids in the car SMOKING it disgusts me .. grownups have a choice .. children dont ..

it should be illegal and a £1000 fine ..

The complete :swear:   :swear:  :swear:  :swear: with the campervan who overnighted in a passing place on a bend!

Nowt wrong with overnighting, but not in a passing place! No excuse for not finding a proper space imho.

every day i take my son to school i see mums and dads with kids in the car SMOKING it disgusts me .. grownups have a choice .. children dont ..

it should be illegal and a £1000 fine ..

It's going to be illegal from 1st October this year

Nowt wrong with overnighting, but not in a passing place! No excuse for not finding a proper space imho.

Which reminds me; the :swear: was actually at the end of a machair track, so about 30 feet from a legal and considerate place to stop!

Which reminds me; the :swear: was actually at the end of a machair track, so about 30 feet from a legal and considerate place to stop!

That makes it all the worse

Agreed, it looked and sounded fantastic! 

• Like 1

Last night actually. Woman in a car decides at the last minute to take the slip road onto the A666 which I'm already on and it's only one car wide. Good job my brakes work. Another instance of "oh what's for tea" instead of concentrating on the road. Idiot.

The berk that has his Corsa done up with hammerite stripes, a plywood wing and Transformers badges. The back reads "Corsicus Prime".

There is a girl in the car sometimes too, I guess it's his sister.

The woman in the Yaris that parked next to a traffic island completey blocking the road!!...She was on her phone and was oblivious to the queue of traffic she had created.

Eventually a guy stopped (Coming the other way) and had a word..she shrugged her shoulders and moved it 3 feet forward and carried on with her conversation

By this time there was a queue in both directions and a lorry that wasnt going to get past without going on the opposite side of the traffic island

I didnt stay to see what happened....Unbelievable!!

The woman in the Yaris that parked next to a traffic island completey blocking the road!!...She was on her phone and was oblivious to the queue of traffic she had created.

Eventually a guy stopped (Coming the other way) and had a word..she shrugged her shoulders and moved it 3 feet forward and carried on with her conversation

By this time there was a queue in both directions and a lorry that wasnt going to get past without going on the opposite side of the traffic island

I didnt stay to see what happened....Unbelievable!!

Typical of the "I'm alright so screw you" attitude that is becoming prevalent these days

The muppett in the Zafira behind me as I parked up in front of my house yesterday.  I indicated, slowed and pulled over to the kerb and the guy behind me did the same.  After a few seconds he cottoned on to the fact that I was parking and not turning left further up the street so pulled out and went past slowly staring at me and muttering as I waited for him to pass so I could get out.  Not my fault if he's not thinking straight - I did it by the book!

• Like 1

Arrived at a set of red lights, pulled up behind a Golf. Lights go green and I can see the driver looking at the passenger talking, after a second or two I honk my horn. Car drives off, all is well as far as I'm aware. . . Get up the road and the passenger of the car starts hanging out the window giving me the middle finger? I was at work so aside from laugh at her there's nothing I could do. Shame as I'd love to have gone all Maldonado on them, straight over the bridge. :D

The berk that has his Corsa done up with hammerite stripes, a plywood wing and Transformers badges. The back reads "Corsicus Prime".

There is a girl in the car sometimes too, I guess it's his sister.

Or if he hails from Norfolk ....she could be his sister And his wife :| :peek:

• Like 1

The puncture i got courtesy of a screw in my rear tyre. Only got the full set new a month ago! And having to change it in the middle of the recycling centre in the rain.

On the A17 today, the idiocy and arrogance of a man in a little ugly new Renault thing. Everyone was doing around 55-60mph, but this wasn't good enough for him! Decided to straddle both lanes with oncoming traffic whilst overtaking a line of cars. Then pulled in due to a traffic island into a gap a car long, with the car in-front slowing to around 15mph to turn left! How it didn't cause a crash I don't know.
He then proceeded to do a similar trick again moments later, but this time pulled out into the path of an oncoming articulated lorry!! I've never seen an artic swerve across a carriageway at such speed and quickness, kudos to the driver for his fast reaction at avoiding the twonk in the Renault.
After these multiple near misses, and gaining a whole 6 positions in the queue, the driver then proceeded to continue at 55-60mph like everybody else, but this time at the front of the queue. Just wish I'd had a dashcam :dull: