FUBAR

That's 1333 songs put onto my new sat nav then, :) What a great feature for a bike 

sat nav, thats about 80 albums. I upgraded the internal memory card to 8gb

rather than the 4gb it comes with but can't go any bigger. 

I'll be road testing it next week on my roadtrip to Scotland.

Sadly though it will be on 4 wheels not 2. 

I'm bluetooth headset shopping when I get home to get full functionality from the 

Zumo 660. I'm going to see if it will pair with the Hands free in the car but I suspect not.

Also when I return I'll be hard wiring in the cradle for it to the bike but it also comes with

a car mount and cigar lighter charger so it will be my spare when my RNSE in the car

doesn't know where we are with its 2008 mapping.  

I gave up with the music on the Zumo, it's not good quality, and it spoils a good ride..

A bit of a heads up for everyone. A bloke I went skiing with a few years ago had his bike nicked on Friday afternoon in broad daylight. The crims drove into the school where he worked and a load of em got out the back and just lifted it into a white transit. The caretaker tried to stop them but couldn't, but he got the reg number though It turned out not surprisingly that the van was on false plates. The police caught the gang last night and they had 4 bikes in the back.

I wasn't aware there was still a market for stolen super bikes/parts but having 4 in tne back they must have a market for them somewhere. He'll get his back but I guess others haven't been so lucky.

• Like 1

A bit of a heads up for everyone. A bloke I went skiing with a few years ago had his bike nicked on Friday afternoon in broad daylight. The crims drove into the school where he worked and a load of em got out the back and just lifted it into a white transit. The caretaker tried to stop them but couldn't, but he got the reg number though It turned out not surprisingly that the van was on false plates. The police caught the gang last night and they had 4 bikes in the back.

I wasn't aware there was still a market for stolen super bikes/parts but having 4 in tne back they must have a market for them somewhere. He'll get his back but I guess others haven't been so lucky.

When I lived in the Netherlands this was still a massive criminal industry, I had no choice regardless of insurer but to have about €400 worth of locks with the bike at all times out and about or I wasn't covered! Total pain in the hoop as my UK ones didn't count lol. A colleague stopped at home one lunch time on his bike to grab something, down drive way at back of his house, in the door sub 30 seconds and it was gone.  

What could possibly make you think that there will ever be no market for used parts, stolen or not.

Sorry my mis as I've not had a bike for a while. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

What could possibly make you think that there will ever be no market for used parts, stolen or not.

Fill an ISO container up and ship them to somewhere where bikes cost a fortune more and out of the reach of the UK authorities. Far too easily done still :( 

Prob a good thing to post about to remind us and inform our newer bikers just how easy it is from a couple of absolute scum bags to stop in a transit and in 15 seconds be off with your pride and joy and extremely unlikely to be caught. :( 

• Like 1

Of course yes let people know how bikes get stolen, fair enough. Thinking there's no market for them just seemed a bit naive to me that's all. It doesn't matter what the item is, if someone steals it there'll be someone willing to buy it.

I have plenty of locks & 2 ground anchors at home but they're for my pushbikes as each one cost more than my motorbike :blush: , whats more, I use my motorbike to block them in too  :D  .

Very valid points though, the more visual deterrents you can add, the less likely your bike is to be stolen, although, if its a bit of something special, no amount of locks will deter a thief.

I always carry a decent chain in my topbox and a thick extention cable (I can't carry anything too heavy or the bike won't get up the hills :D  ) to help me get to any anchor point I can whilst out, for most people it will be getting into the habit of locking up (even for a couple of minutes), I even lock mine up when at work (in a secure basement), I'm being overly cautious but you never know!

Well. I went to look for a VFR yesterday with my dad. The one that looked tidiest on the advertisement was actually rough as hell.

I saw 5 in total. All between 13 and 25k miles on the clock, all for between £2300 and £2800

Every single one had had paint. Some better then others but could be spotted by the father never the less.

Down pipes were rotten as hell as on some too.

The search continues! Im soo fussy! Haha.

Of course yes let people know how bikes get stolen, fair enough. Thinking there's no market for them just seemed a bit naive to me that's all. It doesn't matter what the item is, if someone steals it there'll be someone willing to buy it.

The naivety wasn't on my part as it wasn't me who had my bike nicked! The crims in the van was commonplace 10-20 years ago fuelled by the younger bikers not being able to get or afford fully comp insurance, but I don't know what the situation is now.I know of one where they cut a slot in the floor of a Renault van so they could open the back doors and reverse over it, simply pick it up and put some planks underneath the bike so they didn't even get out of the van. Since then car security has improved to the extent that they can't be nicked without the keys or a trailer so if you also own a car it's easy to get lulled into a false sense of security with your bike and in general most would be absolutely gutted if their bike was nicked. Not having a bike anymore I just wanted to bring it to anyone on the forum who had one but wasn't aware of the problem.

There's no point in buying something you wont be happy with, you will always regret it.

Too right mate.

A decent pre vtec 800 vfr is hard to come by though. Theyve usually done massive miles or been abused n crashed by now.

Ill find one :). Eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've bought a vfr! Okay its not a pre vtec because i couldnt find one anywhere near clean enough for my fussy side.

I do like it though. Its comfy, fast, turns in and handles a lot better than SV, smooth, a lot more responsive etc etc.

Iv obviously already taken the scaffolding off the back (it came with givi panniers) and it even came with the infills so i can take the hand rails off the back.

15k miles, one owner n a few little extras..

-Scotoiler

-Hugger

-gear indicator

-panniers

And no. I dont seem to have to wait for vtec to kick in. Its already accelerating like mad before it, then at 7k it turns into a 16v bike instead of 8v and you get a kick up the arse.

I didnt know if id like the vtec, especially on the early models before they smoothed it out, but its actually quite good. Its a noticeable kick thats good when doing fast overtakes

The only question is, the rim tape. Does it stay, it should it go?

post-109845-0-45581300-1406017545_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So, I've bought a vfr! Okay its not a pre vtec because i couldnt find one anywhere near clean enough for my fussy side.

I do like it though. Its comfy, fast, turns in and handles a lot better than SV, smooth, a lot more responsive etc etc.

Iv obviously already taken the scaffolding off the back (it came with givi panniers) and it even came with the infills so i can take the hand rails off the back.

15k miles, one owner n a few little extras..

-Scotoiler

-Hugger

-gear indicator

-panniers

And no. I dont seem to have to wait for vtec to kick in. Its already accelerating like mad before it, then at 7k it turns into a 16v bike instead of 8v and you get a kick up the arse.

I didnt know if id like the vtec, especially on the early models before they smoothed it out, but its actually quite good. Its a noticeable kick thats good when doing fast overtakes

The only question is, the rim tape. Does it stay, it should it go?

Looking good! Will you ever use the luggage again for touring or anything? If not I would sell it on ebay etc, should fetch good money. Rim tape I would stick with for a while see how you like it. HTR!

Very nice :clap:

Keep the rim tape it looks good especially if you take the panniers off.

I will keep my eyes peeled for you around MB. I seen to always end up there on a ride out. Tonights looking excellent for a quick blast.

Cheers guys :).

Yeah i plan to keep the panniers for a few trips. I havent looked into how much they are, but i know they wouldnt of been cheap lol

I can be found around matlock bath on a nice week night or sunday afternoon. Come say hi if you see me :).

I'll perhaps upload another pic of how its looking once iv given it a good OCD clean up. It looks a different bike already since iv removed all the scaffolding and blanked off the handrails. Back end is much tidier.

I'll keep the rim tape and see how it goes then :).

Cheers (:

I can be found around matlock bath on a nice week night or sunday afternoon. Come say hi if you see me :).

I will defo keep an eye out for you and say hello. Hopefully get out for an hour or two tonight and have a pit stop in MB

Went for a great ride out on Sunday. Met up with a guy on the z forum at 10:30am ish didn't come home till 5pm lol

I thought id be out for about 2 hours. So did the Mrs so you can imagine the ear ache I got :sweat:

Ended up riding out with 5 guys in the end from Clay Cross and went all over the place including the Snake, Bakewell, Matlock Bath, and Froggat on the way home plus all the places in between. Fantastic and worth the grief :p

And forgot to add. All the riding ive been doing lately is actually helping my back so that really is a bonus and looks like I can avoid surgery if I can keep getting stronger and take care.

• Like 1

Top man!

Yeah i usually ride out with 2 of my mates (zzr600 and tDaytona 675) , we like to do the rounds on roads like that. Just gotta watch out for the speed cameras!

Due for a day trip to wales or somewhere soon though i think.

Oo lucky guy! The ultimate excuse to ride as often as you can, if its making you better! Awesome!

Got to say im loving being back on a bike so im making the most of it. It's easy for me to say im too tired after a days work and once ive put the kids in bed im off while its still light enough.

Took the baffle out of my exhaust Sunday night and I really want to get back out and see what difference its made.

Might end up at Monsal Head tonight if I don't get to MB. Unfortunately I have to work later than anticipated but I will still get out for a ride fingers crossed.

Yeah get out on it, its a brill evening.

Iv buggered my ankle so iv got frozen peas on that at the moment. Otherwise id be given the viffer a good polish n wax.

Theres time yet...

Monsal head is a lovely spot isnt it!

Tonight is really lovely for a ride, I'm working tonight but still had a trip over Langsett/Strines/Bradfield on my way to work, although I do sometimes feel it is actually quicker to cycle than ride this 125 over the hills :D

Monsal head is a lovely spot isnt it!

It used to be my local, was loads better when they used to have bands on a Sunday night.. car park packed with bikes, can even remember seeing Def Leppard there

• Like 1