CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

As far as I know it's only available via electronics on newer cars.

There may be the option to add it, but at what point do you let the electrics make the car easier to drive?

That's a difficult line to establish.

If you want to be fast, then add torque vectoring, self shifting gearbox, huge power etc... and I might as well be driving the GT-R still.

The aim of this car is fun, so there are some parts of the spec that affect performance.

Such as the manual box, lack of downforce... the emphasis is on Q car looks and most importantly driver involvement and excitement.

At this stage I honestly believe it's going to be more exciting to drive than the GT-R, although a bit slower. ;)

The Haldex system can be tweaked to give the right split of power/torque and locking diffs can be added where required.

• Like 2

At this stage I honestly believe it's going to be more exciting to drive than the GT-R, although a bit slower. ;)

Get them to fit a stealth roll cage one that follows the contours of the vehicle so can't be seen from the outside

keeping the q car look. Mandrell bent tube painted black should be hard to see. I wouldn't go driving to the

'exiting' level without this fitted especially having flipped a clio onto its roof. Safety first!!!

Get them to fit a stealth roll cage one that follows the contours of the vehicle so can't be seen from the outside

keeping the q car look. Mandrell bent tube painted black should be hard to see. I wouldn't go driving to the

'exiting' level without this fitted especially having flipped a clio onto its roof. Safety first!!!

That is exactly what will be done, for stealth, safety and to stop the car buckling while launching.

• Like 3

just remember me in the years to come when you want to sell this, "bagsies!, I call shotgun! ect ect "

I'll add you to the list I'm keeping...

Anyone would think I change my cars fairly often.

• Like 1

The TT does not have full Quattro in terms of the traditional system.

They may stick a Quattro badge on the back for marketing purposes, but even the new TT-RS (£50k-ish) just uses a Haldex system broadly similar to the Yeti...

Thanks for clearing that up as I had my doubts as the TT is based on the Golf..................

Audi......fecking rip off...........got to crawl under the car to check if it is genuine "quattro"...............!!!!!!!!..............those four rings have got to be made of unobtainium!!!!!

The TT does not have full Quattro in terms of the traditional system.

They may stick a Quattro badge on the back for marketing purposes, but even the new TT-RS (£50k-ish) just uses a Haldex system broadly similar to the Yeti...

You should have just bought a TTRS and turned it back into FWD

I'll take your word for it, I'm useless when it comes to all this techy talk.

Either way it'll be a beast and is bound to shock quite a few 'hot hatches'.

Note to Richard: On the first 'outing' can we dress you as a chavvy 18 year old yewt in full Burberry attire and pit the Citigo against a Scooby (or something similar)?? :rofl:

Richard would have to have his hood up and lean to the left in true Chav stylee. Talking of which, is there room for a huge sub?

• Like 1

Luke has the cage all planned out, looking at what he is going to do I think it will really blend in nicely.

We have invested in a nice bit of machinery for tube bending mainly because of the racing and building race cars. But it now gives us the ability to perform this kind of work 'in house' much better for controlling the final finished product! Shame the welder broke today though! :think: new one purchased don't want to hold the project up! :happy:

Brian.

• Like 1

This is more like it... Hats off to jabbasport.. I like seeing the nuts and bolts of it all... Personally I'd liked to have seen the rear diff mountings tied in to the chassis rails rather than floating in the floor pan like that, but I suppose if he's going to tie it to the turrets it's just as good... Well done..

This is more like it... Hats off to jabbasport.. I like seeing the nuts and bolts of it all... Personally I'd liked to have seen the rear diff mountings tied in to the chassis rails rather than floating in the floor pan like that, but I suppose if he's going to tie it to the turrets it's just as good... Well done..

Not sure how you mean, the 2 tubes are welded to 3mm plate that's folded round 3 sides of the chassis rails on both sides, it's mounted a million times stronger now than how it was in the TT it came out of, (the rear subframe mounts are just spot welded onto the boot floor!!!!) but since the cage is going in its rude not to do it belt and braces :-)

• Like 1

Not sure how you mean, the 2 tubes are welded to 3mm plate that's folded round 3 sides of the chassis rails on both sides, it's mounted a million times stronger now than how it was in the TT it came out of, (the rear subframe mounts are just spot welded onto the boot floor!!!!) but since the cage is going in its rude not to do it belt and braces :-)

ah ok, I guess that seeing it from underneath would make it more obvious... I've Never seen under one of these cars before.

• Like 1