CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

But the caterhams are boring in comparison and they don't have a proper roof

I always fancied a Caterham but must be getting old as I would rather be covered up now!!

However I really enjoy my track toy/daily drive and after passing a few Caterham lookalikes with motorbike engines on my latest track day I think it is quick enough  :blush: (admittedly it was damp but I was on my R888's so still not a mean feat)

Apologies for going off topic

Boring.....slow.....not sure if either of you have experienced a well sorted kitcar thats being peddled along competently, you may change your views somewhat.

Back on topic...

• Like 1

Scanned a Seat Arosa today.  I was sizing up the engine bay.....

Yes, I've seen the 10 second 1.9Tdi from DD.

Not sure on the weight balance on track, but epic on the quarter mile.

• Like 1

Yes, I've seen the 10 second 1.9Tdi from DD.

Not sure on the weight balance on track, but epic on the quarter mile.

True.  It would need as much putting to the back as possible.  Battery bare minimum.  If it was running 4x4 there'd be a diff back there at least. :D

Saying that, the one today was a 1.4 TDI so I don't imagine a 1.9 TDI is a huge step up in weight.

Boring.....slow.....not sure if either of you have experienced a well sorted kitcar thats being peddled along competently, you may change your views somewhat.

Back on topic...

Ahem... Boring in comparison to this build. :D
  • Like 1

I'd imagine Beefy's car is pretty hairy too.

I know the Caterham I did my drift course in was great fun.

As I said before, I just hope the Citigo 4x4 is as good as everyone is expecting!

Back on topic...

I have driven a Caterham on track and been driven in a race prepared one - I am just saying getting wet and picking flies from my teeth is not for me anymore.

Back to the Citigo - I am sure it will be an interesting track car.

Strange question i know coming up, As i cant remember if its been discussed..... What is the car going to have in way of driver aids?

I would imagine the City-Go ABS pump would proberbly explode trying to stop a car doing double what its was originally designed for.....

I saw you are using the OEM rear Haldex setup, What about Traction control??? or are we going to be seeing some Ken Block 4 wheel drifts? :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbox in.

sluj.jpg

qm37.jpg

Shorter drive shafts and downpipe up next, then shell prep for final build and refit.

Lordy, Heven above!

That is made to fit....... just! :rofl:

The intercooler port looks to be in an intersting place.

They really are going to have to get the gunk out on the block if they want it to look like the gearbox :rock:

• 2 weeks later...