CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

IF and that's a big if (see it's in capital letters ;):D ) you do sell this can I be the first person of interest. I'm willing to part my MKii Fabia vRS + Cash. :)

Think you might be a bit of the way down the queue being post 1213 ;)  there are probably at least 2 people in front of you having said the same.  :rofl:

Having had a conversation with Richard early on in the build at a S.East meet, he did come up with a good point for anyone thinking about taking it from him should he eventually decide to sell.

• How do you value this car not just for insurance but for any re-sale as it is unique ( which is no understatement) ?

Personally, i can see is that the only point of reference for value is the amount spent on the whole project.

Once complete, the amount spent to do this project, would in real terms cost more for the next  & so on due to inflation.

Personally, i can see is that the only point of reference for value is the amount spent on the whole project.

Once complete, the amount spent to do this project, would in real terms cost more for the next  & so on due to inflation.

Unfortunately for Richard, I suspect it's very unlikely to work like that - you only have to look at the number of classic cars that have had tens of thousands spent on a restoration and then sell for half of that. (Also look at the number of people on here who find it more profitable to return their moddifed car to standard and sell the car/mods separate)

Most people buying "one off" cars are looking for someone else to fund it.......

And this is a very niche market.

(No offence intended in the above Richard. I get the feeling you didn't do this for the resale value anyway)

Edited by sdenny

Unfortunately for Richard, I suspect it's very unlikely to work like that - you only have to look at the number of classic cars that have had tens of thousands spent on a restoration and then sell for half of that. (Also look at the number of people on here who find it more profitable to return their moddifed car to standard and sell the car/mods separate)

Most people buying "one off" cars are looking for someone else to fund it.......

And this is a very niche market.

(No offence intended in the above Richard. I get the feeling you didn't do this for the resale value anyway)

Spot on actually.  No offense taken.

I paid £10k for my 1934 Moris 10-4, spent around that again on it when the engine threw a conrod and a few other issues showed up.  Sold it for what I paid.  All the work was money down the tubes.

And they say classics are an investment. :rofl:

As you say, there is no thought to resale value of this car.

I seriously doubt if I sold it a day after it's finished I'd even get 30% back.

Just as well I'm planning to keep it then really isn't it?

Anyone who wanted a toy and was worried about resale value would have bought a Caterham superlight 500, the new 620R or maybe a Lotus Exige S.

All of which would hold over 75% of their value after a year and are quite a bit of fun.

There is no logic to this project if you start thinking about the money.  So I don't. ;)

The value is the fun it'll give.

• Like 4

Have to agree Richard, if I was worrying about the resale value of the Golf I would have had a breakdown by now!

£350 for the car and then spent nearly 10 times that on it, nobody in there right mind would spend £3500 on a 2002 V6 Golf with no interior.

On a plus side I know if I get it wrong when at the track it doesn't really matter as it is only for the track and not a daily drive.

Citigo will certainly give massive entertainment when driven and when watched by thousands!

And remember we all plough thousands into pension schemes and will probably never get it all back so might as well spend it on something you enjoy.

• Like 2

There will never be logic if you start to alter a car to your desire.

You will never get the money back! No matter what part you upgrade.

But then again, life is short so why not enjoy it?

• Like 2

Just don't look at the receipts or more importantly don't let the wife see the receipts  :bandit:     I got all the bits for my car off forums, really cheap honest 

My wife couldn't care less James.

Fortunately. :giggle:

• Like 2

Mine does show an interest, she isn't too bothered but she would have something to say about a grands worth of wheels and tyres etc, she would expect a foreign holiday and not see the enjoyment wheels and tyres brings  :giggle:

Just told her it is in for a remap and it's taking longer than thought? :D 

Nope, I have told her it's going to be a full fat 400bhp+ four wheel drive Citigo.

But I believe she is just happy that it's so far meant there is no eight tonne CVRT parked on the front garden. ;)

Have both you know you want to! 

02022007.jpg

• Like 1

Just don't look at the receipts or more importantly don't let the wife see the receipts  :bandit:     I got all the bits for my car off forums, really cheap honest 

I KNOW that feeling!

Unlike a Locaterfield, the CitiGoGo will still be a full 4 seater (and maybe even have some boot space) won't it?

Logically with the cage in it'll be able to have four seats, but I'm not sure you'd want anyone sitting back there.

Logically with the cage in it'll be able to have four seats, but I'm not sure you'd want anyone sitting back there.

I've shared a back seat in a mk2 Esgrot with a back braced cage, but if it had been diagonal braced as well the diagonal would have had to go through my pelvic bone. 

Does that make sense?

I've shared a back seat in a mk2 Esgrot with a back braced cage, but if it had been diagonal braced as well the diagonal would have had to go through my pelvic bone. 

Does that make sense?

It does, yes.

But I've been told the powers that be take a very dim view these days of having passengers in a car with a rear cage.

So while it may have back seats to look "complete" it's probably a two seater.

Most of it's life will be on track when you can only use the front seats anyway.

It does, yes.

But I've been told the powers that be take a very dim view these days of having passengers in a car with a rear cage.

So while it may have back seats to look "complete" it's probably a two seater.

Most of it's life will be on track when you can only use the front seats anyway.

A well-braced cage would make more sense, particularly given the bigger engine. 

Still, if at all possible try to get a couple of photos with all 4 seats occupied "just because we physically can".