CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Bloody hell! It fits..... is anything else in there?? (IE intercooler and rad)

it looks like the rad is going to have to be pretty dumpy and sit in the bumper with the cooler..... i am amazed.. and cannot wait to see it!

Is it staying a 4 seater?

Bloody hell! It fits..... is anything else in there?? (IE intercooler and rad)

Is it staying a 4 seater?

Not yet, but there will be space behind the bumper once the steering pump is off and the oil filter is relocated. :)

Yes, it's stripped for the cage, but the rear seats should be going back it.

If you tried selling people track time in a Citigo they'd all tell you where to get off.

Not sure about any passengers, most of the screaming will probably be coming from the driver! ;)

• Like 4

Not yet, but there will be space behind the bumper once the steering pump is off and the oil filter is relocated. :)

Forgot the PAS pump is not needed, you having to reloate the oil filter to the boot???? lol :giggle:

Not sure about any passengers, most of the screaming will probably be coming from the driver! ;)

Sounds good keeping the 4 seats, should help the weight distrabution a bit more.... put my dad and simon in the back will give those rear wheels some traction :giggle:

i love it when this part of the project comes together... will be intrsting to see the rear susspension setup, is it going independant like most 4WD or are they modifying the beam to make space for the d/s??

Damn this makes me want to get the jetta sorted.

Edited by vRSsunroof

Independant rear with plenty of adjustment (for track purposes) hung off a custom subframe Luke is welding up right now, set for a slightly lower than stock ride height.

Pics hopefully in a few weeks. :)

A good anti lag system is great but it should do more than just scare the bejeesus out of the chavs at the local bus stop when driving past. although in fairness, thats when I used to switch mine on! :rofl:

The more I think of this project the more im convinced it will be truly great. Given a previous comment regarding how the CitiGo would keep up with the GTR I bet on the right sort of track and conditions (lots of corners, wet) there would be nothing in it. And from my (admittedly limited, passenger seat) experience of the GTR's Id actually guess more grin inducing! :)

• Like 2

What's the plan with the front seats? Keeping standard or adding some with a little bit more lateral support?

I reckon you could get a nice set of Sparco or Recaro's which closely match the profile of the standard seats.

The options currently are standard seats, look for something like the standard seats with more support or fit the carbon fibre seats I bought for the Fabia that are sitting around spare.

I favour option two at the moment.

Something that can be covered to match the original interior with more lateral support.

I think that'll be the best blend of comfort and usability.