CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

makes sense to go 2.0ltr its such an easy conversion as the 2.0tfsi crank fits perfect ;-) if using 83mm pistons then you will be just above the 2ltr at 2008cc ;-)

you staying smallport or going large port??

the key to this being amazing is going to be all about the turbo selection and i honestly say please go billet garret not ihi

• Like 1

I will quite honestly consider going to Combe, just to see this, and indeed Simon's GT30 Octavia vRS. Incredible.

Dont meen to hyjack but can anyone post a link to a build thread or something for the gt30 octy.....im tempted to chop the fabia in for an octy and do this

Don't go IHI turbo route, at high boost levels they distort flanges and aren't that strong a turbo.

Again though I suppose what levels of boost you are looking at running.

I'm so hoping it will be ready for Coombe I shall be there anyways. All the best with the build. Epic build!

IHI don't seem very popular...

I'm not worried, Jabbasport won't fit a dud, this thing is not a corner cutting exercise so it'll get what they recommend for the requirements. :thumbup:

• Like 1

after its first outing at castle coombe that will be blown out lol

if it was being built in garage that no one knew and wasnt on forums then yes q car but this is out there and will be all over the forums its one skoda i belive will make a big impression in the vag community unlike 99% of other skodas

As it's really a bit of fun, hence being shared here because it's a bit different, I'm not really that worried about publicitiy.

Yes, it's known. But not exactly a headline car. That's not the goal.

It's not going to sell mags is it.

What I mean is, if you were into VAG tuning would you look at the front cover of a publication, think WOW what a nice stock looking silver Citigo and buy the mag? :giggle: I wouldn't.

• Like 2

Even after Coombe etc, I think this will still be a Q car to most people as it won't have silly boy rims, 12 exhausts (only 1 working) and a big shopping trolley spoiler.

Yes, alot of us on here will no all about it before hand, but if this gets a chance down let's say Santa Pod with a few 'Barryboys' :giggle: to them it will be a Citigo that they can anihilate, until the faithful little Skoda decides to plant 400 horses on the track - that's when the cover may just be blown :rofl:

You'd probably have a wager that one mag might want a little word with Richard though once this is out in the open, I'd choose FHM ;)

I must say that this project is amazing and seeing the car at Jabba with that engine shoehorned in there was impressive! If you are looking at turbos that mate with Jabba manifold and downpipe look into Turbo Dynamics MDX555 range, it’s a Garrett with the IHI flange. My car is at Jabba at the moment getting one fitted so will keep you updated with the results.

• Like 1

As it's really a bit of fun, hence being shared here because it's a bit different, I'm not really that worried about publicitiy.

Yes, it's known. But not exactly a headline car. That's not the goal.

It's not going to sell mags is it.

What I mean is, if you were into VAG tuning would you look at the front cover of a publication, think WOW what a nice stock looking silver Citigo and buy the mag? :giggle: I wouldn't.

Unless the cover photo was with the bonnet open ;)

My 1.4 tsi uses zero oil!

neither does mine :) not one drop!

we are staying at a premier inn on the Friday night as CC is miles away, room was only £45 too.

Chippenham

Cepen Park

West Cepen Way

Chippenham

Wiltshire

England

SN14 6UZ

cheers :) we havent booked yet, waiting for our mates gillywibble to decide what they are doing, and maybe go to the same place, if its premier inn ect we may well go there too, but they may take the caravan....

yeah ihi run very hot and are not rebuildable and dont flow that well and hate running hot

check out the gtx2871r ;-) on paper looks insane

mine does'nt run any hotter than 860 degrees without water/meth,765 degrees with water/meth...currently getting 352bhp at 21psi,with more to give ...it has all the right mods however...decent tip,fmic,hard pipes! they wont **** themselves if they are supported with the right parts! having said that...if i could have afforded it i would have gone billet garrett.....no brainer..but it was £2000 i did'nt have at the time!

How the hell are you going to get this thing insured its probably only 30% of the original manufacturers components lol.

I Think its amazing by the way and if i had the money i would have done something similar. I once considered droping

two Tuned Hyabusa 270bhp engines in the back of a mk1 clio hung from a custom sub frame one driving each rear wheel

with some clever stuff for the sequential shift and throttle but it was unfortunatley outside my budget. This i think would

probably be more bhp per tonne though and way more usable than my idea. Its flippin mental so can't wait to see a video

/ photos of the finished product.

No different to getting a WRC car insured for the road sections between rallies. :)

They are probably even less of the original car.

Don't worry, I have a plan! :)

• Like 1

No different to getting a WRC car insured for the road sections between rallies. :)

They are probably even less of the original car.

Don't worry, I have a plan! :)

Very true

This project is mental! Can't wait to see it finished!! ;)

And has it got rear wheel steering, just noticed what looks like a steering arm on the rear hub carrier in your last pic? Or am I just being daft??