CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

this car its going to be a very very capable car on road and track but this is down to knowledge on the part of luke etc to get the setup right

not many cars do it for me if im not building them but this car has got me well and truly hooked on following it progress!!!

• Like 1

No the mk2 Fabia Vrs is that much of an animal its runs on Perol and Oil... you will see an extra pump at the station next time you are filling up soon saying '1.4 Twincharger fuel'.

just beein having a ponder about this citygo. 400BHP. have you let slip what the engine is having done to it apart from a bigger blower?

TSI = Two Stroke Injection :)

As for the car... that's going to be fun.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Luke if you read this, how do you fancy converting my Octavia into 4wd in the future? You're doing a cracking job of this one!

Easy peasey, i reckon it could be done in a few days if all the parts are on hand ready... :-)

• Like 4

Easy peasey, i reckon it could be done in a few days if all the parts are on hand ready... :-)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's a post that will tempt a few more on here I am sure :devil::rock:

As I said. Just need to get a pro on the job. :D

Yes, that's far too easy. :giggle:

I'm sure Luke can crack that out over a weekend...

• Like 1

8513F6C9-694C-4C65-AD16-16A7F322F627-1540-00000138B7FACAAF.jpg

8A72224A-4BBC-4832-9C2F-9F709E1437AF-1540-00000138C232EF20.jpg

The rear ends completed apart from paneling it all in, I had it sitting on the floor on temp wheels and the temporary dampers last night, im working on the front end today, and i have also specked up and ordered the suspension legs for the car :rock:

Have to say myself, that is looking mighty fine. :love:

• Like 1

Out of interest how is all the bare metal going to be protected from corrosion? Obviously you have to linish the galv off the sub structure / chasis to weld on the new shiny kit so do you apply zinc paint or something locally to the welds or is their some other way of stopping the new gear just rusting off. How do you go on with MOT inspections etc? im assuming this car will be road legal once complete.

Looking Good b.t.w

8513F6C9-694C-4C65-AD16-16A7F322F627-1540-00000138B7FACAAF.jpg

8A72224A-4BBC-4832-9C2F-9F709E1437AF-1540-00000138C232EF20.jpg

The rear ends completed apart from paneling it all in, I had it sitting on the floor on temp wheels and the temporary dampers last night, im working on the front end today, and i have also specked up and ordered the suspension legs for the car :rock:

LUKE now says to BOSSFOX...........................SEEE......................................I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOO...................

4wd DOES GO into a Citi-Go............................ :rofl:

BUT only if you have the vision, money and SKILL!!!!!!!............

To LUKE and BOSSFOX...........................

WE are NOT worthy.................. :clap:

• Like 4

(Roughly) what parts would I need?

S3 gearbox inc. transfer box

Propshaft

Rear subframe, wheel bearings etc.

Haldex

I'm assuming my QDF16R quaife would fit in the new gearbox? They're just the same apart from the transfer box?

I don't want to clutter this thread further really, I will make sure to call at some point to discuss it in detail. It's something is be keen to have done, definitely.

Once you've finished the citigo-go why don't you get this for the yellow thing.... :think:

http://www.evo.co.uk...nissan_gtr.html

You will need quite deep pockets tho emoticon-0111-blush.gif

Believe it or not I don't see the point, unless you just like straight runs like quarter mile racing.

I'm running 60% of the power and the car is devestating on the track already. For half the price.

Besides, once the Citigo is done the yellow beast may go off to a new home...

I think the Citigo will provide even more thrills (even if it's not quite as quick) and you can only play with one toy at a time.

It's a lot of money to tie up in cars, sitting there depreciating...

It's coming back to confusing fun and speed.

As I always say, a faster car is not always more fun to drive.

Believe it or not I had just as much fun in the Yeti at Briskoda How Fast last year as I did in the GT-R at Brands.

Gearchanging, body roll and the tyres squealing like pigs in every corner made the Yeti a blast. :rofl:

• Like 2

Believe it or not I don't see the point, unless you just like straight runs like quarter mile racing.

I'm running 60% of the power and the car is devestating on the track already. For half the price.

Besides, once the Citigo is done the yellow beast may go off to a new home...

I think the Citigo will provide even more thrills (even if it's not quite as quick) and you can only play with one toy at a time.

It's a lot of money to tie up in cars, sitting there depreciating...

It's coming back to confusing fun and speed.

As I always say, a faster car is not always more fun to drive.

Believe it or not I had just as much fun in the Yeti at Briskoda How Fast last year as I did in the GT-R at Brands.

Gearchanging, body roll and the tyres squealing like pigs in every corner made the Yeti a blast. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

True, less can be more but 1000bhp will devastate all that come up against it. emoticon-0100-smile.gif I am looking in to losing my trackday viginity this year with the octy and it only has 170 bhp but I think it will be a hoot :rofl: . I will probably be the slowest person there but I will have the biggest smile on my face.

Back on topic, I would love to see the citigo-go in action but its a bit far to visit castle combe (562 miles) when its finished.

Edited by Blackline Stu

1000bhp is all but useless in the real world and very expensive to maintain and run. As Richard said a few weeks ago there's already a Juke R running over 1000bhp now. After seeing Plato drive it standard and struggle I bet that's a scary car

I will be quite happy with 300-400bhp on our project track weapon.

The citi go is coming together nicely, I have enjoyed reading this thread and I am sure I will be blown away when we see it at Castle Combe.

......Believe it or not I had just as much fun in the Yeti at Briskoda How Fast last year as I did in the GT-R at Brands.

Gearchanging, body roll and the tyres squealing like pigs in every corner made the Yeti a blast. :rofl:

You may laugh, the best fun I had in a car was a VW Golf MK 1 caddy!! stiff suspension diseasal engine, surprisingly good to carry speed through the corners, squealed like a goodun and predictable understeer/breakaway, caught up with a lost quicker cars who's drivers couldn't believe it when they looked in their rear view mirrors, helps knowing the road sorry,.. track of course. I must admit,I do fancy one as a project to have a bit of fun with.

Apologies for going off topic slightly

• Like 3

Exactly CFB.

Try to keep it looking as normal as possible.

Q car is a high performance car that looks like a regular family run around, here: http://en.wikipedia....i/Sleeper_(car)

Are you looking for some thing not quite this outrageous as this but similar?

http://www.inautonews.com/video-volkswagen-golf-ii-by-boba-motoring-%E2%80%93-18t-with-920-hp#.UQfqyL_ZYrU

• Like 3