My pros:

Additional performance abilites over the four pot 1.8tsi

The sound!

Even more unique

My cons:

The engines rarely become available

When they do they are serious money

Additional weight over the front

Additional costs due to 'knock on' engineering changes required ie front suspension, exhaust work...

Fuel consumption and tank range would be well down and thats not good for my 6,000 mile annual euro trips in particular.

• Like 1

This little beastie always pops to mind when i think of the mammoth task Boss has ahead..and the Lupo is positively huge in comparison

twin-engined-vw-polo-vr6_zps799b0e72.jpg

lupo_B8B91747-E277-3A67-FE89B8BBB4FDFDC9_zpsce2f8bce.jpg

I know it wouldt completely solve your size issue :giggle: but tilting the engine forward, giving it room to rock backwards teamed together with active engine mounts maybe

Like the lupo had to make external body adjustments, im not very clued up on fire walls and im sure its not a 2 min job but move it back slightly (these are more 'would it work' solutions not 'you should do this solution as i pretend to know what im on about'

If i was rich, i would actually sponsor you to do this..i want to see it completed! :D

• Like 1

If i was rich, i would actually sponsor you to do this..i want to see it completed! :D

At this stage we are probably about 75-80% of the way into the build and 85-90% funded already.

I try to keep in front so I know how things are on the financial side.

So I can't see any reason at all this will not be completed.

Nice gesture though. :)

In all honesty I've actually got the easy part.

Going to work and trying very hard to earn a few £££ so Luke can solve all the problems using his superior skills and knowledge along with the rest of the Jabbasport team.

There is no way I'd have got half this far.

As much as I want this done (and I do, a lot) it's outside my skills/facilities and I'd guess most people out there who play with cars too.

I used to have a lambretta with an engine about the same size as the turbo- looked similar too, no wonder they were called hairdryers! I guess one option is that the bulkhead could end up being pushed back a bit hehind the cylinder head?

Great to see a car related thread creating so much interest too ;)

This little beastie always pops to mind when i think of the mammoth task Boss has ahead..and the Lupo is positively huge in comparison

twin-engined-vw-polo-vr6_zps799b0e72.jpg

lupo_B8B91747-E277-3A67-FE89B8BBB4FDFDC9_zpsce2f8bce.jpg

I know it wouldt completely solve your size issue :giggle: but tilting the engine forward, giving it room to rock backwards teamed together with active engine mounts maybe

Like the lupo had to make external body adjustments, im not very clued up on fire walls and im sure its not a 2 min job but move it back slightly (these are more 'would it work' solutions not 'you should do this solution as i pretend to know what im on about'

WOW Emma - love it! Do you have a weblink for the build on that Lupo? Are they Lambo brakes?! :rock:

OMFG!! Thats a thing of total wonder!! Christ, it goes like **** off a shovel and took the shovel with it! :rofl:

:D that made me laugh!

Anyways back on topic, Is it going to an easy (enough) do to make it 4WD? Would it be haldex'ed?

• Like 1

Emma, I hate you.

Jonny5, I hate you even more.

Emma for mentioning the Lupo and Jonny5 for posting the links.

Was going to have a quick look through his build, but ended up reading all 29 pages and I've got to be up at silly o'clock in the morning!

That guy is MENTAL! But WOW what a little monster he ended up with! :o

We've been following Richards project with awe but I think Petar might just have it by a nose? :giggle:

Emma, I hate you.

Jonny5, I hate you even more.

Emma for mentioning the Lupo and Jonny5 for posting the links.

Was going to have a quick look through his build, but ended up reading all 29 pages and I've got to be up at silly o'clock in the morning!

That guy is MENTAL! But WOW what a little monster he ended up with! :o

We've been following Richards project with awe but I think Petar might just have it by a nose? :giggle:

:kiss: Anytime!

Easy solution..sorry im late for work/half asleep i was awake reading about a 5 foot car with 12 pistons...he'll understand

• Like 2

Perhaps a seperate thread for bonkers conversions rather than discussing it here?

This is the Citigo project section after all.

And I think re-name it the "size dosn't matter" thread................. :giggle:

When you look at it .....it isn't big..........................BUT can it handle and it is ALOT faster than it looks.................. :rock:

Well thats what I tell the ladies......... :blush: ....................................we are talking about cars??????....right????............. :think:

Lots of power through something with such a short wheelbase imo is going to be 'fun'. Hopefully 'fun' wont mean very twitchy but I suspect this may be an issue when really pushing it. And hopefully, people wont read my above comment as knocking this project - im not, as I know Richard knows. :) Its going to be amazing to see how it goes. :)