Octavia vRS

Expected price in Ireland will be around 32,450 euro for the diesel one.

How does this compare to the price of the 150CR Elegance? And is that for the hatch, which is not now expected until Jan or estate?

You can't get the 4x4 170 with DSG, only manual according to the SUK price list.

OT. With new facelift Superb You can have this combination now (the punier 140 is now off the pricelist)

How does this compare to the price of the 150CR Elegance? And is that for the hatch, which is not now expected until Jan or estate?

Elegance Hatch 2.0 TDI CR/110 kW/150bhp €27,995

• Like 1

I guess in Ronnies world no one is allowed an opinion, you and my wife would get on bloody fantastically well.

Of course you can have an opinion, it's just the default position of negativity round these parts which gets a bit draining.

• Like 1

That's some price difference then!

Well,

My current one with the following extras

Full Leather

Heated fronts

18" Neptunes

Folding/dimming door mirrors

MDI kit

Came to

€30,537

• Like 1

Yes that's about £24500, but how does their taxation cmpare to ours?

For a more accurate prediction, look at the difference between diesel VRS and 2.0tdi Elegance in euros, then use that to work out our likely price.

Just done a compare the skoda

Germany - Elegance 2L TDi - 28560 Euros - £ 24260

vRS - 29390 Euros - £ 24965

UK - Elegance 2L TDi - £21990 so if you add the £705 difference compared to Germany then that works out to £22695

With the Golf GTi starting at £25285, That makes the Skoda £2320 cheaper, which is just about keeping the price differences from previous models

Lets hope that the actual price difference that skoda comes out with is as expected above otherwise the vRS will be hard pushed to compete with the Golf.

CORRECTED. As per Dr Z's spot.

• Like 4

I thought the price was going to sit between elegance and se. or am I thinking about the spec...

Usually the VRS sits slightly below elegance and above the se. The price will most likely be just above the elegance though, but below the Scout & L&K when they get released I'm guessing?! I can't wait to see one. :)