People who have installed a rear-arb on a Fabia vRS mk2, look over here!

Thought I'd start a thread and wanted to see how your installations went?

Mine went okay, the rard was a couple off centimeters too wide but it was solveable with some straps and pushing it together.

However, it does have a squeaking noice when going over rougher roads (small gravel road).

Is that right? Cause I've had rarb's on other cars (stock and replaced bushings) and they have never squeaked :(!

Fitting for mine was a doddle, fitted no problem although instructions could have been clearer.. Loads of grease on the bushes as per instructions and no sign of noise from it.

May be interesting to know what RARBs people are having issues with. Mine is a whiteline.

My whiteline rarb did that too. After I dismantled for closer inspection I relubed all the bushes with silicon fat (not sure if the translation is correct).

However it didn't stop the squeaking. I've found that the rear door rubber sills made the noises. Add some lubrication on those and you'll be fine.

Fitting for mine was a doddle, fitted no problem although instructions could have been clearer.. Loads of grease on the bushes as per instructions and no sign of noise from it.

May be interesting to know what RARBs people are having issues with. Mine is a whiteline.

Don't know what instructions come with the bar but on the Whiteline website there are some very full and clear instructions.

I've not seen any other bars that are listed to fit other than the H&R one,and,apart from the recent group buy,it doesn't seem to be listed by any other supplier.

I had the very same issue with the whitelines on my Focus ST, in the end I removed them (Front and Rear) as the creaking and squeaking as it made the year old car sound 10 years old :(

I wonder if the HR ones are better?

Whiteline RARB came with a sachet of grease which easily covered both of the bushes.

Probably time to re-grease them now!

+1 , the Whiteline ones usually come with grease

• 1 year later...

Sorry for diggin up an old thread...

Today I fitted H&R RARB and it is a great improvement, but...

Every time I drive over a hole or a bump i get strange sound from the rear i didn't get before. It sounds like a "klonk" (not squeaking).

RARB was mounted by a tuning company. Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Found out what was bumping. Exhaust is hitting the RARB on the side.  We partialy fixed it with a hammer :) - But it is kind a strange that RARB made for this specific car would  have problems, if it was 1 cm wider it would be fine... :S