In Car Cameras

SmartCamDirect

I've been wondering why sometimes when I've pressed the record incident, it's not flagged the file on my A118.

This post explains why :)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/the-round-incident-button.9456/

It must be pressed twice. Once to wake the screen up, then again to save the incident.

Three dashcam cameras now permanently wired - a bit over the top maybe, but you've got to cover all angles.

I've got a Nextbase 402g looking forward, & Mivue Mio 518 looking out of drivers side window (to cover over taking issues), & a Eprance 0801 looking out of the back window. (i've tried the 3 cameras in different positions, but the Eprance 0801 is the only one that gets close enough to the back window so it doesn't show the rear screen heater elements.

I must say as well the Eprance has the best performance overall, - strange really cos it's the cheapest. All the cameras are GPS enabled & time synchronised. The Eprance is wired to an always on 12v supply to cover parking issues.

Pics below for those interested:-

fabiarearcam_zps086c998d.jpg

fabiacam2_zps644d4b20.jpg

• Like 1

Can you actually see where you are going?!?!?!

No. But at least I can look back later, and see what I didn't see in the first place.

Seriously though, they don't seem to impede my vision. I experimented with several locations before settling on current configuration.

Need more cameras ;)

Yep! I agree. I am thinking of one looking out of passenger window to give me 360 degree coverage.

With what I've spent on cameras now, I could have got a 4 channel hard drive recorder & discrete cameras, thereby making for a much less obtrusive set-up.

Really I should be called gadget man as I've just about everything that's been invented, & even some I've invented myself.

• Like 1

Holding off a bit. The bulk of the review is before he updated the FW even though the update was out before he got it. :(

He must have heard my grumbling :D 

LOTUS EXORA. Who needs 276 horses & a V6 engine? I had to keep slowing down for him. He either ran out of power or bottle.

What is worrying though - the car shows up as uninsured on the MIB database.

http://youtu.be/wuxAZQoqFg0

What's really worrying is that on a road like that you seem to think it acceptable to drive at over 50% above the speed limit. Massive amounts of road markings to indicate hazards, numerous junctions, a speed limit reduced below the national speed limit, speed cameras to attempt to enforce it, footpath immediately adjacent to the road etc. etc. He didn't "run out of bottle", he was being sensible with his use of speed and was opening the gap between him and you when the hazards were increasing. I sincerely hope you don't kill someone with your driving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received and fitted my new Panorama X1 yesterday. Took about half hour including hard wire and hiding all cables. Very discreet unit with separate recorder and camera. Recorder is in the driver cubby hole and the camera (which also contains the g-sensor) is by the mirror.

Quality seems fairly good and the g-sensor isn't set off by potholes but is triggered with an emergency stop.

• Like 1

Hi i use Mio MiVue 358 But nothing good about it  just  120 degree angle quality not so good, but still do the job.

I think Transcend DrivePro 200 is good one. i already spend money on wrong one :)

I just received and fitted my new Panorama X1 yesterday. Took about half hour including hard wire and hiding all cables. Very discreet unit with separate recorder and camera. Recorder is in the driver cubby hole and the camera (which also contains the g-sensor) is by the mirror.

Quality seems fairly good and the g-sensor isn't set off by potholes but is triggered with an emergency stop.

Love to see some pics of this fitted, tempted between this and the Street guardian SG9665GC at the moment.

Just waiting for Niko from the Dashcamtalk forum to to open his internet shop. Out of interest where did you buy your X1 from?

I'm struggling to show outside views due to reflections on the windscreen.

Ignore the cable as I got a pre-release version with a straight usb connector on the camera. Production versions will have a right angled USB connector so will be more discreet.a004d753bcc54d52968068f914662184.jpgf793505eb08a41121fdb4cef13cee01a.jpg6e5bdc14e9e9a1b47828695a1f59e8a2.jpg74567fe7bc883cdfeb09feb4c6bdb6b8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not getting along with the A118 at all. It's working but twice now it has corrupted SD cards. I assumed the first time it was because it was a cheap no-name one so I bought a more expensive AData one and it has corrupted that one too. Oly one of teh files was readable out of 8Gb of data and it has glitches in the recording.

The SD card won't even format in my PC.

Could this be some sort of power issue? Maybe getting spikes when I start the engine? How can I protect it?