wrc body kit project

leenel88

Just spent the last god knows how long reading through this, top marks for the work you've done, I do agree with others on the wrap, just didn't like it IMO, but each to there own, perhaps if I win the euro's one day I might be tempted to create a Skoda Citigo rally edition

• Like 1

Just spent the last god knows how long reading through this, top marks for the work you've done, I do agree with others on the wrap, just didn't like it IMO, but each to there own, perhaps if I win the euro's one day I might be tempted to create a Skoda Citigo rally edition

yeah think I made the wrong choice there, should have gone for the Skoda livery but you live and learn

• Like 1

I've also been in touch with a chap who knows someone who owns a real fabia wrc and is going to be asking him about some different wheels for mine which look more genuine 

Are the bolt holes the same on the genuine Fabia WRC?

For some reason I thought they had the Octy spacing, 5x112 instead of 5x100.

But I could be wrong.

But I could be wrong.

not sure, I can always buy some adaptors if that's the case. I think the offset will be lower on the propper wheels so I could get away with either smaller spacers or just the adaptors if the are 5x112

Has anyone given you anymore ideas about getting it lower.

think I'm just going to leave it as it is, can go an inch or two lower than it sits in the picture above but its to much hassle with it catching on stuff ect plus I don't actually mind how it looks sat up abit

Just found this thread, a superb read - thanks for inspiring me to get another Fabia. I agree the wrap didn't do the car much justice, I think it was due to the reverse of the black and white sections as the monster stickers didn't pop like they do on a black background. I like the vents (didn't think it would be my cup of tea) I would keep them black as it accents the grill and spoiler. 

But I could be wrong.

I did a brake kit at work a few months back for a Mk1 WRC Fabia and that was a 5x130 PCD, which is a Porsche wheel fitment off the top of my head now I don't know if this is a one off or that all the WRC Fabia's run this PCD.......

• Like 1

what I'm really after is some wheels with a zero offset, thought the real wrc cars would run such a wheel thats why I'm after some as I'm struggling to find aftermarket wheels in the size I'm after with that offset

Right chaps I'm now certain on what wheels I want to get for the fabia, if anyone comes across any 18 inch rotiform neu wheels please could you keep me in mind. I think these in white would look amazing

I would snatch them while they're there, I don't think 18's are easy to find, I google'd it but I couldn't find nothing on 18"'s, just 17's

They sell 18 ones on there website so just going to save up for them, currently its running on 225/45r18 tyres and they just look the right size for the car so don't really want to run 17s as they would just look lost in the archs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well chaps it made a disappointing 155bhp at darkside so a front mount intercooler is in need for anymore power as this is what killed it. 98 degrees was the inlet temp and that's on a cold day

well chaps it made a disappointing 155bhp at darkside so a front mount intercooler is in need for anymore power as this is what killed it. 98 degrees was the inlet temp and that's on a cold day

Try painting it black? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1QL9veQaNg

On a plus note, that's almost 100 more bhp than my car has :D

• Like 1

Try painting it black? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1QL9veQaNg

On a plus note, that's almost 100 more bhp than my car has :D

bit disappointing for a vrs though. Its due to the standard intercooler not getting any air through it as its trapped behind the bumper :-(

bit disappointing for a vrs though. Its due to the standard intercooler not getting any air through it as its trapped behind the bumper :-(

It's just a thought, but the bottom grill has a bridge in it (if you get what I mean) what would happen if you removed it and changed the grill? 

It's just a thought, but the bottom grill has a bridge in it (if you get what I mean) what would happen if you removed it and changed the grill? 

the standard ones aren't that great in the 1st place and I'm wanting to go hybrid sometime in the future so it makes sense to get a front mount now I suppose

• Like 1