Drivethedeal.co.uk offers - almost

So they must be making price changes for Skodas at the moment. Wonder whether that is upwards or downwards?

no idea, but it should be clear once its back up :)

From memory, DtD used to go through one of the Gordon Lamb dealerships - could be wrong though, and that might well have changed.

The dealer used by DTD when I bought my Fabia was Marlborough Motors in London. I did a deal with them direct and they were great to do business with. I paid £50 for a cheap flight down from Glasgow and drove it home.

HV

Keep hold of Beti and replace the Fiesta with the new Car (4x4 tdi - DPF removed of course ;) ), Personally I cant think of a nicer car to commute to work in and of course it's a quite good at overtaking (beti) :)

From memory, DtD used to go through one of the Gordon Lamb dealerships - could be wrong though, and that might well have changed.

They list that "you pay the UK main dealer for the car direct" which doesn't really make sense and is a bit ambiguous!

I thought they used Marlborough Skoda in Isleworth? Thats where several DtD customers previously said their cars came from

They did use to, but last time I heard it was someone oop north.

I think it is probably a case of the dealer not wanting to do it anymore or DtD looking elsewhere, hence why the dealership will change from time to time.

How does it work with PCP customers then? I'm looking to trade in my Blackline for a MK3 eventually so would I go through DTD and then sort out the PCP (and the residual value) with the dealer?

I think everything like that is done direct with the dealer just as if you walked in off the street into the dealer directly. DTD just take a 'finders' fee initialy then after the introduction its between you and the dealer. :)

• Like 1

It's perhaps the wording then. I do understand the process :) It's a case of understanding exactly where the car is sourced from, within the UK.

DriveTheDeal defines it as the UK main dealer, not a UK main dealer.

From that wording, it could be construed that you're paying Skoda UK direct.....

That would be very naughty and unfair to dealers

My local dealer matched the dtd price anyhow but i guess it all depends on how the dealers figures are doing

Drive-the-deal don't seem to be listing any Skodas (any model) at all at present.

Wonder if / when they will?

They will, once they've updated the pricing. Give them a ring if you need more info urgently.

They just don't want too its that simple. No discount more profit, bigger bonus, it always comes down to money at the end of the day. The dealers who won't discount will fold, especially in the state the country's in just now.

I would have thought it was a simple matter of supply-and-demand?

If a dealer finds that he can sell an adequate number of cars without much (or any) discount, why would he sell any cheaper?

If his sales volumes were down, then he would presumably be prepared to drop his asking price a bit, until (eventually) the price was so low that (after deducting his expenses) there was no profit in it for him.

Of course, sometimes he can make more profit from the commission on the finance deal than from the sale of the car itself, in which case he might be willing (sometimes) to sell the actual car at little or nor profit at all.

And sometimes a dealer might not want to appear to drop his prices (because that might upset other customers who have previously paid almost full price, or because it might make it look as though his business is struggling - image and repuation are important in business!) so he might disguise any discount by offering free "extas" or a very generous trade-in allowance.

I guess some dealers attract more prospective customers than others, depending on their location, popularity, reputation and how large a pool of potential buyers of the kind of car they sell there is in their particular locality. Bit like a pub or a restaurant: if you're popular and / or have a good reputation and are situated in an attractive or affluent area, you can charge higher prices.

Edited by Stuarted

Looking at the MK7 Gold DTD is offering roughly an 11% discount on the 2.0 TDI GT with 6000 worth of options. Surely one can expect a 8%+ of a discount on an Octavia (with options) if they push hard enough?

Edited by foregonereality

Looking at the MK7 Gold DTD is offering roughly an 11% discount on the 2.0 TDI GT with 6000 worth of options. Surely one can expect a 8%+ of a discount on an Octavia (with options) if they push hard enough?

l got 12% off on launch weekend direct with dealer quoting carfile.net. Plus free servicing and £500 deposit contribution for taking the finance. No trade in either, so a real deal!

About those sorts of numbers showing on Broadspeed.com (8-10% off list).

Was that 12% + the £500 or including?

No the £500 is in addition to the 12 %

Correct, going to sign the finance papers next week! :wonder:

Edited by Matt Pez

When are you collecting the car matey?

Eyup, sat 1st June for mine, tied in nicely with handing back the lease car next Fri! Rachel is expecting mine to land at the dealer any day now, it came off the boat last Thurs :sun: I'll start the final countdown, 10...

• Like 1