Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Just collected my third Octavia MkIII hatch

No.1 - 2013 1.2 TSI SE

No. 2 - 2016 1.6 TDI SE L

No. 3 - 2019 2.0 TSI 190 DSG SE L (FL)

No. 3 is by far the best, the ride and suspension is so much better, the tech is better and the engine...wow, plenty acceleration when needed.  I've got the virtual cockpit which is pretty cool and makes the car feel up to date.

I have one question regards the WLAN if someone has the answer; I've connected the WLAN to my iPhone which works fine but it doesn't auto connect when I next get in the car I have to switch off the personal hotspot on the phone and switch it back on to get the car to connect, is there another way?

Skoda.png

Edited by Has
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Changed mine the other day. I had some surgery on my left ankle which meant three months not driving manuals or two weeks not driving automatics. Switched to an auto!

Octavia Estate 1.6 TDI DSG SE L in Energy Blue.

First thoughts:

- I don’t miss the 2.0 TDI engine that much (probably because I travel on congested roads where I can’t ever go fast).

- I do miss lane guidance a bit, but will get used to it.

- I already love DSG, especially in “sport mode”, even with the smaller engine.

2972988F-438C-4992-92A5-B6ADC46A1C9A.jpeg

FCBA4432-B539-4BB2-BA76-3CD68C40DF00.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:27, Sam_vasu said:

First thoughts:

- I don’t miss the 2.0 TDI engine that much (probably because I travel on congested roads where I can’t ever go fast).

- I do miss lane guidance a bit, but will get used to it.

- I already love DSG, especially in “sport mode”, even with the smaller engine.

Oh yes, the 7-speed DSG box is a joy. I love being able to flick in and out of Sport when needed. Sport was meaningless with the TDi engine, but with the TSi it's a revelation.

(You'll have to excuse my excitement, this is my first petrol engine in nearly 20 years :D )

2015 Octavia Hatchback in race blue

1.4 tsi 6 spd manual

Nothing special but nice safe car for my family

Be nice to to find out it's a common issue for front shock absorbers to leak or if it was a previous owner racing over speed bumps.

20190719_170252.jpg

5 minutes ago, Chris-on-toast said:

2015 Octavia Hatchback in race blue

1.4 tsi 6 spd manual

Nothing special but nice safe car for my family

Be nice to to find out it's a common issue for front shock absorbers to leak or if it was a previous owner racing over speed bumps.

20190719_170252.jpg

Light misting of the dampers is a common issue on the Mk3 Octavia but usually only an advisory at MOT time and not a fail so not an urgent fix/expense to worry about.;)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just returning to the Skoda Octavia fold.  

I have just picked up my 3rd Octavia estate, this one is my first used one but it was great value! 

1st - 2013 Octavia Mk2 FL 1.9TDi manual estate

2nd - 2014 Octavia Mk3 vRS Diesel manual estate

3rd - 2017 Octavia Mk3 FL 2.0 TDi SE L DSG estate.

I was not a fan of the Mk2 but loved the vRS and my current Octavia.  2 year gap with a Discovery Sport and Golf R were great.... but its nice to be back!! 

• Like 1

I have had my 2015 tsi vRS for a year now and still find it exciting. It copes with everything from traffic, to open country roads and motorways better than anything that preceded it, including an Audi A3 2.0 tai.

Got my 245 vRS as a used car bargain, 8 months old, just under 5k miles. It needed a good clean and polish - which it has had, and I've fitted mud flaps (not to everyone's taste I know) because a couple of days driving in the rain and a white car shows it on the sides. I don't know how effective they will be, but as Tesco would say ...

IMG_1052 (3).JPG

Just got my new (to me) vrs estate in velvet red. My first Skoda and so far all seems good, although will take a bit getting used to the mpg/tank range after a diesel! 😮

If anyone has any pointers for it please send me a link, ie for individual suspension settings, VC display etc that would be great.

IMG_20190904_145052.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tinman80 said:

Just got my new (to me) vrs estate in velvet red. My first Skoda and so far all seems good, although will take a bit getting used to the mpg/tank range after a diesel! 😮

If anyone has any pointers for it please send me a link, ie for individual suspension settings, VC display etc that would be great.

IMG_20190904_145052.jpg

Very nice, best colour too! Red adds at least 8bhp