Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Hi Briskodians!

I now own my second Octavia. The first one, a 2.0 petrol Ambient, was bought new in 2001 and kept for 8½ years and 100,000 miles.

My current car, a 2015 vRS TSI Mk3 in 'Race Blue' was purchased last month (Feb 2022) and has Winter pack, Black pack and panoramic sunroof.

So far, so good - well, very good actually! 😊

First time Skoda owner - picked up our 2018 Octavia 1.0 TSI SE Tech Hatchback the other day and really enjoying it so far! 

Am looking to fit an aftermarket reversing camera but need to read through the threads here to figure out my best option on that! 

Look forward to getting some trips under my belt in it! Wales at the end of May should be a good trip for it :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2022 at 01:31, Kevin Pallett said:

Hi Briskodians!

I now own my second Octavia. The first one, a 2.0 petrol Ambient, was bought new in 2001 and kept for 8½ years and 100,000 miles.

My current car, a 2015 vRS TSI Mk3 in 'Race Blue' was purchased last month (Feb 2022) and has Winter pack, Black pack and panoramic sunroof.

So far, so good - well, very good actually! 😊

Very good car, congratulations but I would be careful of adding a camera to existing wiring. I have had a bit of trouble when I asked a man to fit aftermarket rev sensors. The wiring system was not as normal and he had to abort the job. This affected the infotainment screen and also the emergency system. This car is a kamiq , yours may be ok   I got all back to normal again by disconnecting the battery for a while.

Anyway,  good luck !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melbury said:

Very good car, congratulations but I would be careful of adding a camera to existing wiring. I have had a bit of trouble when I asked a man to fit aftermarket rev sensors. The wiring system was not as normal and he had to abort the job. This affected the infotainment screen and also the emergency system. This car is a kamiq , yours may be ok   I got all back to normal again by disconnecting the battery for a while.

Anyway,  good luck !

On 05/04/2022 at 11:48, TheOtherOption said:

First time Skoda owner - picked up our 2018 Octavia 1.0 TSI SE Tech Hatchback the other day and really enjoying it so far! 

Am looking to fit an aftermarket reversing camera but need to read through the threads here to figure out my best option on that! 

Look forward to getting some trips under my belt in it! Wales at the end of May should be a good trip for it :D

Search for Weyland’s excellent thread on adding a reversing camera to a mk3 Octavia.  Camera from AliExpress.  My 18-reg SE L has Amundsen screen etc, and it works fine.  3-4 hours work, some fiddly, but basically straightforward.  No re-coding needed.

Edited by Baxlin
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My current ride (since March 2020) 

Display car, fully loaded: 

- black pearl metallic

- nav 

- digital instruments

- acc (bliss!)

- lane assist

- headlight assist (sometimes not too well performing) 

- panoramic sunroof

- light tan interior

- tow bar

- canton sound

- 19-inch rims 

- standard suspension

Not too happy with the ride quality, the combination of the 19-inch rims and the soft anti-roll bar is rather uninspiring... 

car.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks ago I was talking to one of the guys I work with, I said I was trolling AutoTrader looking for a new (to me) mota! My current 2013 Fabby II Greenline with 140k just wasn't cutting it for me (and the wife was eyeing it up to replace her 2009 Fabby 1 that was dying!!) 

He suddenly said "My Dad is selling his car! he's giving up driving!!"... "it's an Octavia 63 plate, though the private plate on it says 53"... "it's a 2.0ltr SE Estate I think 150bhp" Without hesitating I said How Much, and when can I see it!?! He brought it in at Lunchtime and I almost immediately said "Yep I'll have it!!!"... I paid him what We-Buy-Any-Car were going to pay that night!!...

Brought it home 3 days later, and I love it!! It's substantially bigger than my (sorry My Wifes) Fabby Estate and has Double the Powah!! Oh and only 31,650 on the clock!

First bit of Customisation I did...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Powered tailgate?

There’s a thread on the Yeti forum about powering the tailgate opening/closing, and a reply referred to aftermarket kits.  Has anyone fitted such a kit to an Octavia 3 hatchback?  If so, any link to the kit used?

Thanks

Well after 2 Fabia TDI VRS's, Petrol Fabia VRS , Octavia MK2 CR 170 VRS, I'm now on a Octavia MK3 184 VRS. So I guess you can say we are quite happy with the Skoda Brand.

First skoda ive owned, Its poverty spec as the vrs goes, is what im learning 

It ticks all my boxes though its bigger than the mini i had before it, its quick enough still and its not boring

Screenshot_20220607-171707_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beaumont1988 said:

It ticks all my boxes though its bigger than the mini i had before it, its quick enough still and its not boring

Congratulations ! I had one, wish I had kept it. Its got a certain style,that makes you smile !😎

Hi there.

Just picked up my VRS. First time Octavia owner here coming from a Civic Type S (space ship) - suspension and power is like night and day. :biggrin:

D80DE945-646C-48F9-9D00-A746A17E64B3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 27/05/2021 at 13:59, jimothy said:

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, loving it so far! Petrol VRS, kids enjoying the room in the back more than they did in my Civic Type R :biggrin:

20210512_111353.jpg

Also just changed to a VRS from a Type R..... any regrets so far? 

12 hours ago, ken-c said:

Hi there.

Just picked up my VRS. First time Octavia owner here coming from a Civic Type S (space ship) - suspension and power is like night and day. :biggrin:

D80DE945-646C-48F9-9D00-A746A17E64B3.jpeg

Brilliant !  a good move

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up this beauty last week, 19 plate 2.0 TSI 245hp. Few nice factory upgrades too. Mainly upgraded from a Mitsubishi to this for boot amd family space! This forum already filled my head with ideas.

20220624_155820~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First skoda ive had ..nearly got a fabia vrs years ago but instead i got a r53 cooper-s that i had some fun with ..then got the bigger f56 cooper sd. Now ive fully grown up and got a full on dad mobile land barge 🤣 bluddy love it though 2017 plate and only 14k on the clock

Allready added an apr filter though

Considering getting the clutch done and remapped

Screenshot_20220710-154044_Gallery.jpg

On 07/06/2022 at 17:20, Beaumont1988 said:

I know this car, funny thing is i used to pass it on the road, and even more tenuous my family are from Barrow/Ulverston and my Aunt use to live in the house just like the one behind you in the pic! :) 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I know this car, funny thing is i used to pass it on the road, and even more tenuous my family are from Barrow/Ulverston and my Aunt use to live in the house just like the one behind you in the pic! :) 

Haha wait so you know it from being in ireland before i bought it 🤣 also thats hilarious cause the photo was taken at my parents house in ulverston ...i had to borrow there drive to clean it as im stuck with on street parking at mine

• 4 weeks later...

Just collected my Octavia 1.8 L&K hatch, replacement for the1.4  Elegance estate that my ex got (and AFAIK has now sold).

Really enjoyed the drive home, it my first DSG (7 speed) shame there are no steering wheel paddles but beggers can't be choosers!

Now to start doing many of the tweaks I had previously done.

No Number Plate.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...