Delivery times

Rang and had a rant at my dealer this morning. Ordered Rallye Green vRS on 4th September and up to this point had not even been given an indicative build date. I am sure it was coincidence, but mention of cancelling my order created a flurry of activity and all of a sudden I now have a provisional build date of week 5 and delivery to the dealer late Feb.

Now it may just be me being a little suspicious minded, but sounds a little like they've heard you want to cancel and have now told you what you want to hear. 'provisional build date' appears to mean nothing these days and can change by the hour, plus, as you were on the phone and could not see the computer screen, they could have easily told you a steaming pile of .... But that might just be me being a little negative. Fingers crossed for you. Would love to see some Rallye Green vRS's on the road

Ordered my white vRS TSI estate (manual with black pack, columbus, cruise control and canton) on the 16th of October. Received a phone call a few weeks later to say they've not forgotten about me, but sorry, no build date yet.
Phoned up last week to see if anything had changed. Was informed I had a provisional build date of sometime in March, but not to pay any attention to it because it could, and probably will be, entirely inaccurate. 
I've been told it will definitely be on a 14-plate though.

Originally quoted, like some others here, about 12-15 weeks to delivery, with expected delivery 22nd Jan (which I always accepted would be a little ambitious). Therefore though mid February would be realistic. Now looking at 20+ weeks and delivery in March if I'm lucky...

Was told to expect about 3 weeks between build and delivery to the dealer.

According to my dealer, Skoda gives the factory a quota that it has to fulfil for that financial year, and if demand starts to outstrip supply, then the factory essentially says "oh" and no f*cks are given.

My 2.0 TDI elegance estate was ordered 19/8/13.

Built in week 48 (w/c 25/11/13)

Arrived at dealer today 17/12/13

And will be delivered to me on Christmas eve. Nice early present for me!

So, 18 weeks in total from order to delivery. And 4 weeks from build week to delivery week.

Not long to wait now :happy:

• Like 1

Our fleet manager has just informed me that my Elegance estate 2.0 Diesel DSG ordered 30/10/13 is to be delivered 10th January am!  :happy:

Candy White

Electric adjustable Memory seats (and mirrors)

Winter pack

Bi-xenons (with cornering fogs)

ipod interface

3 spoke wheel with paddle shift and

Parking assist

It's at the dealers (or on route). Even has the registration number. My previous car was a 1.6 manual diesel Elegance hatch '10 plate, this was over three months late due to the 'order being lost, Sir'...........Perhaps the Skoda Gods are looking out for me on this one with an earlier delivery than originally stated.

Really looking forward to it now, just arranging to have the front mud flaps fitted having seen many a mucky white car the last few weeks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just called SUK, only to discover my Octavia VRs TSI DSG Estate, ordered 31 Aug 2013 has provisional build date of, will you believe this, week 21. What have I done wrong to deserve that - my first new car and first Skoda too!!

Holy cow!  That Best part of 10 months if you allow a few weeks for build and ship.  Surely someone has made a bad mistake. I hope you get some kind of compensation.  More than that I how it isn't typical..... Or the 21 + build and ship of James.

• Like 1

On a more serious note CeeDee, you can get SUK to provide you with a loan car after a certain period, 16 weeks seems to ring a bell could be 20 but, thats come out of my single malt fuelled grey matter so, it maybe a different amount of weeks.  Give SUK a call and find out when you are officially entitled to one.

Regards

T

Just called SUK, only to discover my Octavia VRs TSI DSG Estate, ordered 31 Aug 2013 has provisional build date of, will you believe this, week 21. What have I done wrong to deserve that - my first new car and first Skoda too!!

I'd be willing to bet that if you cancelled your order and placed it again you'd get it sooner!!

What has your dealer said about it...??

Did they lose your order...!!

On a more serious note CeeDee, you can get SUK to provide you with a loan car after a certain period, 16 weeks seems to ring a bell could be 20 but, thats come out of my single malt fuelled grey matter so, it maybe a different amount of weeks.  Give SUK a call and find out when you are officially entitled to one.

Regards

T

Nearly there mate, SUK told me the car is classed as delayed after 18 weeks and they will provide you with a car after that. The reason I know this is because I asked about one as I've been waiting a long time ( nowhere near as long as movel93 ) but then they dropped the bomb saying my car is being made this week so I'll hold on another few weeks. :-)

If the loan car is not of use to you then I would ask for something else.  Perhaps demand the 2 years of extended warranty is thrown in free, I'd think SUK could authorise that and it probably costs them similar to a couple of week's hire car bill.

So SUK won't be revising what they deem a delayed car with so many people being put back? Ordered 2nd Oct, still nothing other than it's on the system, not accepted by factory. 18 weeks isn't very far away now!?

If the loan car is not of use to you then I would ask for something else.  Perhaps demand the 2 years of extended warranty is thrown in free, I'd think SUK could authorise that and it probably costs them similar to a couple of week's hire car bill.

Especially as it means it will keep going through the SUK dealers for another 2 years of maintenance even if you were to sell it on. Sounds like a good thing to ask for.

Dealer was phoned straight after I called SUK, they said it was week 11 as of last week. Told them to check again, which they did and week 21 it was.Phoned SUK last December for update, they said my order went onto the system 2 October and they were quoting 16 weeks from being accepted, it's now 14 weeks from then, so they've added another 17 weeks!!! (SEAT have just announced the new 276BHP Leon Cupra I feel a cancellation coming on!)

It's living in Essex... if you'd ordered a 4x4 you could have it tomorrow!

My build week is slipping.  Trying to forget I've got a car on order until I get that magic call...

Edited by fiisch

Hi guys can you please expalin how all this works.

New car on order:-  Octavia VRS TDI estate.  Meteor grey, glass roof, canton, posh sat nav, etc most of the toys tbh.  On ordering no mention that this might be an issue.  Never was with current BMW.  Order placed Nov25th.

The current staus is that the factory has accepted order I have an SLI number.  This is good!

SUK or the dealer have no info at all about build weeks.  Dealer told me that when I placed my order he had just had a notice to say 18 to 20 weeks delivery.  Failed to tell me that when I ordered and suggested March delivery.

SUK expalined that they don't allocate a build until the sysytem shows all the parts but have no idea when that will be.  Suggested that they are in the hands of their suppliers so they have no vision.

I'm guessing that I will see the car around june at this rate..................

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on?

Edited by studog