Delivery times

Had a chat with my dealer today and he's very apologetic and has said that it may move forward again! So whilst the date is later I added the Columbus Sat Nav to the order, which I wasn't sure about initially anyway, it's been added as I think it not only looks good, but it will eliminate the portable one.

Now I've just got the added hassle of transferring the number plate from one car to the other.

Edit 12:05: Now just been told that I now can't have the Columbus after all. Meh, so be it. I wish Skoda would stop faffing around with both dealers & customers, it's driving me nuts!  :devil:

• Like 1

Does anybody know how often the ship runs from Emden to Sheerness, mine missed the boat last week.

Do you think it would be possible to get the car sent to Grimsby instead, and that route is more heavily used.

Spoke to Skoda UK today. With the sunroof they say it should take between 16 and 20 weeks to be built, and to expect 18 weeks. That would be week 4, or week 6 next year at worst, which is a long time but not as bad as week 9! Hope they're not telling porkies.

Dealer called this morning to tell me my provisional build date has come forward to week 47! Still at Status 10, but that's a 14 week change from the original date!

Has anyone else had the date come so far forward, and did Skoda actually build the car that early?

Cheers

Gary

Ordered a Race Blue VRS hatch on 29th July, only extras black pack and sunset glass.

Dealer told me when ordering not to expect car until late Jan early Feb 2014, so I knew what to expect.

He is just off the phone to me there now, now provisional build week 47! I'll be a happy man if it stays at week 47!! Good chance of me having it before Christmas :happy:

Thought people might find the attached interesting.

I will try top get this weeks version and post.attachicon.gifProduction and Supply update - Week 38.pdf

Very many thanks. My car is in Emden, (Status 38) as of 27 Sep.  Looking forward to your update.

Just had an update from my dealer:

"Spoken with Skoda UK who advised some models in the range are going through some model year changes hence no confirmation of build week yet,

But nothing to worry about it I will keep checking it for you."

hmm.....?

VRS Hatch, Petrol, Rallye Green, Cruise, Black pack, Privacy, Spare wheel. We were told when ordering to expect mid-november but after last time im not holding my breath until at least Jan!!

Just had a phone call from my dealer and I'm now very unhappy.

When order he quoted "Nov for build", 12-13 weeks from order so week 45 or 46. This has just been pushed back to week 3. So instead of 12-13 weeks as quoted I'm looking at more like 22-23 weeks plus wait for build. That's not including transport either so I'd expect it will arrive in middle to end of February. Seriously p*ssed off, especially as the plate change happens in March. Do you think it's possible to get some compensation as effectively I'm buying 'last years' car? 

Also if I get too down and decide to just cancel is the deposit already paid refundable in such circumstances?

My order was :

Me too moved from week 46 to 3.

VRS TDI DSG

Amundsen

Leather

Winter pack

Kessy

ACC

Park assist

Towbar prep

Auto boot

Unhappy times.

Edited by Nipani

Does anyone know if the newly built cars leave the factory straight away or do they sit there for a bit?

Also, roughly how long from factory to Emden?

Ordered my white Octy estate elegance on 2nd Aug and it ls hopefully being built this week! Can't wait.

You should allow up to 4.5 weeks from build week to actual delivery. Mine was built week 37 and should arrive at the dealers this week (tomorrow), hopefully I will be able to pick it up at the weekend if I have time.

Mine is in the country, registered and due for delivery to the dealer tomorrow. Hope to have it by Friday this week!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Wheres your dealer and what port is the car at?

Mine was at Grimsby friday hoping for it this week

Not sure which port the car arrived into, but my dealer is Progress Skoda in Letchworth. I think mine arrived last Thursday.

Eddie Stobart took over the transportation of all VAG cars recently, apparently. Word has it that they're still finding their feet and that all dealers are desperate to get their cars registered by the 30th September (today), for the sake of their sales targets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Mine was in Grimsby last week, delivered to dealership Saturday morning, & I collected it today (Monday) with 7 day insurance, tax, and private number plate all organised by said dealer. After thoroughly inspecting my new car and been shown how things worked I can honestly say that it has exceeded my highest expectations - the Octy is ten times better than I had hoped for, in looks, build quality and in driving it. The DSG gearbox is a delight, 1.6 Tdi has plenty of poke, noise levels are low, and the gadget count is mind boggling, the dash even indicates battery power as a percentage !

I've owned many cars in my long life, including BMW's, Mercedes, Fords, Hondas & Audi, but can truly say this Octavia Elegance collected today beats 'em all - I'm truly impressed, and as you can probably gather, very,very pleased !

JKW

• Like 1

Mine was in Grimsby last week, delivered to dealership Saturday morning, & I collected it today (Monday) with 7 day insurance, tax, and private number plate all organised by said dealer. After thoroughly inspecting my new car and been shown how things worked I can honestly say that it has exceeded my highest expectations - the Octy is ten times better than I had hoped for, in looks, build quality and in driving it. The DSG gearbox is a delight, 1.6 Tdi has plenty of poke, noise levels are low, and the gadget count is mind boggling, the dash even indicates battery power as a percentage !

I've owned many cars in my long life, including BMW's, Mercedes, Fords, Hondas & Audi, but can truly say this Octavia Elegance collected today beats 'em all - I'm truly impressed, and as you can probably gather, very,very pleased !

JKW

Glad your happy with it, but piccys or it didn't happen... :)

Mines at Emden been told another 10 days to delivery, has anyone any idea what ship sails from there?

If you have a scan through the previous pages on this topic you will see several vessels named. Also do an internet search for Emden port shipping movements and you can see which are departing. If you know which port yours will arrive at you can do a similar search for that port's arrivals. Usually Sheerness for southern UK and Grimsby for north.  Grimsby has just had a new jetty opened which can deal with 2 vessels at once and each with a capacity of 3000 cars.