RoadWarrior

Not sold on the V-power stickers myself...I'd get some Magpul/5.11 Tactical/Blackwater and other Military/mercenary arms supplier stickers, I think that'd add nicely to the look.

^^^ What he said. :)

• Like 2

Not sold on the V-power stickers myself...I'd get some Magpul/5.11 Tactical/Blackwater and other Military/mercenary arms supplier stickers, I think that'd add nicely to the look.

That's an amazing idea :D

I'm currently in love with "Kombat UK" but will look into some stickers.

...might even wrangle some free kit in return for a bit of advertisement :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time since my last update - not done anything due to crappy weather, etc.

Although... someone's had their MOT... and failed (not suprising).

MOT1_zps3ccd7b42.jpg

MOT2_zps122a3342.jpg

However, it's all been fixed and has now passed. For the first time in 3 years, my EML is no longer on!

Plus, this happened:

MOT4_zps632c76da.jpg

MOT3_zpseb6a9b1f.jpg

Video doesn't really do it justice. It's a nice burble at idle, with a slight purr when accelerating... but without being annoyingly loud. Perfect.

Now the car is fully functioning, I'm finally seeing the benefit of my Octy Mk2 coil packs - idle is smooth as silk.

Now to get saving - wheels, tyres and coilovers in the pipeline :)

• Like 3

Still loving this project can't wait to see the finished article although I have a feeling it could be one of those projects that just keeps on developing and evolving. Keep up the good work mate.

• Like 3

Still loving this project can't wait to see the finished article although I have a feeling it could be one of those projects that just keeps on developing and evolving. Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers buddy. I've got an end-product in mind, but it's all about money at the moment. I'm looking at £1500+ for just a few basics... and could end up running into over £2000 and much further if I really want to go all out.

With any luck I can sack-off my badly paid job soon and get something with more £. Once that happens, then I can really let rip! :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking of sticking on 17" steelies with thick tyres (225/50/17) to give it a more military feel. I was originally going to invest in some 3SDM 0.01 alloys in matte black, but the cost (inc. tyres) is out of reach for now.

Have a look at Extreme Offset Wheels.

They have some pretty sweet steelies that would look sweet on this.

I love the first concept...very Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

• Like 1

Thanks buddy :)

Slight update: The Punisher / black theme is starting to wear thin on me now. I do love the black, but it's starting to look dark grey (rather than the jet black that I love) and I'm starting to want something a little more extravagent... so I'm re-visiting the military theme. This is the current live concept:

NU%20ARMY%20OCTY_zpskeyzll6h.jpg

Still undecided, but saying that I've got a couple of months until the warmer weather hits... so loads of time to think about it B)

Must admit although I like the Punisher look I actually prefer this look.

Great build either way.

Only thing that's missing.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/gallery/image/view.aspx?id=11449

Edited by Mikek3111
  • Like 1

Have a look at Extreme Offset Wheels.

They have some pretty sweet steelies that would look sweet on this.

I love the first concept...very Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

I'll have a look and see what they've got - thanks for the idea B)

Funny you should mention Lockheed, as one of my (abandonned) concepts was a road F-117 lol

F117%20NightHawk%20Concept_zpsmg6kqg7u.j

Must admit although I like the Punisher look I actually prefer this look.

Great build either way.

Only thing that's missing.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/gallery/image/view.aspx?id=11449

I really want a push bar... but I can guarantee Her Majesty's Constabulary would PG9 it and I'd have to take it off :( I'm trying to find a way around the "bullbar law" but it's looking unlikely - still hoping though.

the camo look is much better imo, do it!

To be honest this is looking more and more likely, but all depends on (1) the weather we get this summer and (2) if I've got enough time. If it's all good... then I'll be trying out paint samples in the near future :p

I've also moved away from real military markings and towards fiction.

Autobot%20Octy_zpsutjcidhq.jpg

• Like 2