New vRS,.. sorry to say not impressed.

Think u may be disappointed if paying for Kia on finance as they are high per month.

Kiss are decent but engines let them down

So glad I bought a blackline as I got most of these extras for "free".

Let's not forget that the new model is on the new vag multi-use platform, so lower production costs, should the new model price not be cheaper then?

Lower manufacturing costs plus hefty price increase equals big profits for skoda.

Hopefully big discounts return in a few years time otherwise I'm off to Kia or the likes, much better value for money.

The vRs has moved on, if you don't like the mk3 don't buy one. But there are plenty being bought as its still cheaper on finance than the golf. All cars have got more expensive. Octy looks worse because previous car was on offer and deal at same time

Rrp isn't £8k but I know what u all mean.

As far as mk2 vs mk3 interior on mk3 is better imho

• Like 1

You are right Kenny all cars have gone up. Take for example list price of a vauxhall corsa for same kit as the citigo elegance £17k......for a tiny city car what the fudge?!

Let's be honest 90% of us here bought Skoda because of value for money, I like the brand I'm a fan and wouldn't want to change, but I think Skoda have lost their vision, value for money.

Yes its cheaper than the golf and A3 but again (not that it matters to me) but you get an accepted badge to the masses (if that's your thing).

I like it, its good and it IS better than the mk2 but if only the cost to change wasn't as high.

• Like 1

'most' of them? Go on then, humour me. Which ones?

Air con into Jumbo box

Cruise control

DAB

(Bluetooth - can be fitted for £50-ish I believe)

Rear Sensors

Maxidot (monochrome)

Full size spare

and not forgetting

Driving mode selection (all depends on the mood I'm in!)

all the other stuff is nice to have in the new model but wouldn't personally pay extra for it.

PS I like the new model and can easily see me trading up when the time is right - unfortunately, my salary is currently not in sync with the Skoda price rises so I'm out at the moment.  Better things to spend my hard earned on.

Skoda need to take note of the enthusiasts on here who have VRSs but think the price jump is too much.  Its us at the end of the day that are most likely to want/buy a new VRS.

Don't take it personally - I am not dissing you or your choice to buy one.  If money was not object I'd be in the Skoda showroom this afternoon.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Yup, we are all free to choose whatever car we want and can afford. But I also like to deal in facts, there's lots of misinformation around these forums of late and I've no idea why it's being perpetuated. Nobody needs a reason to not buy a car, they just need to make the decision for themselves.

The Blackline was a terrific bargain, probably the best Skoda bargain there's been in the last 15 years. But it was a run out model, a well establish technique for the motor trade. Had I been at the end of my 3 year term and the Blackline had been available, I probably would have been tempted.

Not mentioned in the list I posted is the availability for the first time of a whole host of optional extras that were never available on the MK2. The car's grown up, I personally think it is too expensive, but the 0% PCP and free servicing does kind of feel like a discount, after all, it all comes down to the monthly cost. Even if you buy a car outright, there's still a monthly cost (depreciation etc). Had there been no 0% PCP, I'd have just kept hold of my current car for a while longer (it's done 18000 miles and is immaculate).

• Like 2

I know someone who has a Kia and utterly detests it, the economy, gearbox and engine is generally poor, whils the build quality is pretty good. Handling is atrocious though, especially on bends.

He's selling it at a significant loss and returning to the VAG fold.

I know someone who has a Kia and utterly detests it, the economy, gearbox and engine is generally poor, whils the build quality is pretty good. Handling is atrocious though, especially on bends.

He's selling it at a significant loss and returning to the VAG fold.

Lol, completely different but the same. I have a Korean washing machine, truely awful thing, bounces all over the place even after having floor professionally leveled. Oh how I miss my "German" washing machine. It's nothing to do with cars but it just rang to many bells for me to not comment.

I don't see the price rise very bad, as if Škoda didn't do the offer before on the mk2, the list price was £21,000 iirc for a basic one, so a basic diesel mk3 is what £25,000 (yes a lot of money) but if you include the rise in car prices and the extras on the car.

Reading the threads on here I'd even go as far as say that the factory seems unable to keep with demand!

I'm not surpised, the whole car industry is booming right now, a lot of manufactures can't keep up.

You guys need to remember that most of Europe never got that VAT free deal you have. I actually don't think any other country did for that matter (I'm not sure though). I can understand that someone coming from a freshly bought Blackline with that deal will raise an eyebrow to the new prices, but for everybody else there's not that much in it really. Prices have gone up (they did for all brands), but so has the standard kit. Blame inflation and people running governments everywhere (bunch of useless ****s :D).

And regarding Kia, don't be so sure, check their current prices! I did and had to look twice, they're on par with every other European manufacturer.

After two days with the new RS I can say that is much better than the previous one. Ride in 18" is much more comfortamble than before in 17" .

Personally, I think it is not to expensive, because it is worth every penny ( or cent in my case).

post-47815-0-98030800-1378583286_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Any more pics mate? :)

After two days with the new RS I can say that is much better than the previous one. Ride in 18" is much more comfortamble than before in 17" . Personally, I think it is not to expensive, because it is worth every penny ( or cent in my case).

Kia is expensive if going on pure finance monthly figures

New pro_cee'd 1.6T GDi Representative Example

36 monthly payments of £299.00

On the Road Cash Price £19,995.00

GFV (Guaranteed Future Value) £4,413.75

Customer Deposit £4,413.75

Amount of Credit £15,581.25

Interest Charges £1,642.75

Total Amount Payable £21,637.75

Miles per annum 10,000

Excess Mileage Charge 14.9p

Fixed Rate of Interest 2.52%

Representative APR 4.9%

Before people jump I'm not talking about resale or any other crystal ball stuff just monthly figs. Put 4500 down on an octy MD it will be cheaper

I'm not convinced it's a better car, why? Apart from an extra 20bhp or so what else do you get for your money? The Skoda brand is becoming less VFM orientated as the customer base realises what the product is, it's going to be marketed as the luxury utilitarian vw alternative. There is a reason why there is not a golf gti estate, let alone an A3 version. Seat is always going to try and beat alfa as the sexy latino, and hasn't a hope in hell as long as the tsi sounds as lame as it does in stock condition, but might just become the sort of Q car bargain if they launch the new Leon cupra with the same S3 running gear. Upgrade your suspension and you're almost there, a remap and noone would ever know. Let face it, there is very little that is stylish or emotionally captivating in anything in the VAG product offering right now, it's mostly about fuel efficiency and consistency.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

I have to say I think you get quite a bit in truth.

The MK3 is considerably more modern (being on a brand new platform and not one based upon the MK5 Golf which is now 10 year old tech), safer (latest electronics and full compliment of airbags against the MK2's standard 4), lighter, cleaner, more efficient, more powerful and generally much better equipped.

with the exception of cruise control which was only a standard feature on the MK2 in its later years the MK3 has loads more standard kit.....DAB, Bluetooth, USB Light and Lane assistants, MFSW, Maxidot, Bi-xenons, parking sensors, hill hold......thats quite a list.

I still think the MK3 is getting on the pricey side, particularly when I consider that the MK3 equivalent of my current car (CR DSG Blackline estate) would cost approx 6k more but compared to other marques they are still alot of car for the money.

To put things into perspective a new 316i Sport saloon with 18's, leather and a couple of nice bits of spec easily runs up to 30k.....thats for a 134hp car......the equivalent 320d is approx 33k. Both v nice cars (and money no object Id rather have a 3'er over an Octavia any day of the week) but still makes a 26k 610 litre estate 184hp Octavia seem half reasonable doesnt it?

Edited by pipsyp

Kia is expensive if going on pure finance monthly figures

New pro_cee'd 1.6T GDi Representative Example

36 monthly payments of £299.00

On the Road Cash Price £19,995.00

GFV (Guaranteed Future Value) £4,413.75

Customer Deposit £4,413.75

Amount of Credit £15,581.25

Interest Charges £1,642.75

Total Amount Payable £21,637.75

Miles per annum 10,000

Excess Mileage Charge 14.9p

Fixed Rate of Interest 2.52%

Representative APR 4.9%

Before people jump I'm not talking about resale or any other crystal ball stuff just monthly figs. Put 4500 down on an octy MD it will be cheaper

Thats half the problem with korean cars; they are half decent now but christ a 36 month GFV of less than 4.5k (my vRS is estimated to be worth worst case 8.9k after 42 months) goes to show they suspect they'll not be able to give them away used in a few years time.

• Like 1

I have to say I think you get quite a bit in truth.

The MK3 is considerably more modern (being on a brand new platform and not one based upon the MK5 Golf which is now 10 year old tech), safer (latest electronics and full compliment of airbags against the MK2's standard 4), lighter, cleaner, more efficient, more powerful and generally much better equipped.

with the exception of cruise control which was only a standard feature on the MK2 in its later years the MK3 has loads more standard kit.....DAB, Bluetooth, USB Light and Lane assistants, MFSW, Maxidot, Bi-xenons, parking sensors, hill hold......thats quite a list.

I still think the MK3 is getting on the pricey side, particularly when I consider that the MK3 equivalent of my current car (CR DSG Blackline estate) would cost approx 6k more but compared to other marques they are still alot of car for the money.

To put things into perspective a new 316i Sport saloon with 18's, leather and a couple of nice bits of spec easily runs up to 30k.....thats for a 134hp car......the equivalent 320d is approx 33k. Both v nice cars (and money no object Id rather have a 3'er over an Octavia any day of the week) but still makes a 26k 610 litre estate 184hp Octavia seem half reasonable doesnt it?

Of course we can only make a personal value judgement on these additional features, for me they do not come remotely close to the price delta of a mildly modified mk2 that closes the performance & handling gap. I'm not denying it's a better car, all manufacturers make improvements with each major model change, but in this car they don't make it more desirable. I don't think you can compare a 3 series to an Octavia on a price basis as they have been marketed very differently, but objectively you do have a point (and why I would be reluctant to buy a new BMW).

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I was disappointed to read EVO magazines review of the MKIII vRS as they claimed the suspension ride was flawed and no difference from the sport mode from standard. I'll reserve judgement till I get the chance to drive one.

I also own a 2002 Impreza STi and I felt that Subaru went down the same track, the facelift models and 'improvements' were disappointing and I never saw the newer versions as something I would change mine for. Needless to say it all ended up with the hideous hatch version and utlimately the death of the market for it in the UK.

You always like to think that new models are better but unfortunately it's not always the case. I think the new MKIII vRS is overpriced and as previously mentioned the reason for buying a Skoda was the excellent VFM. I hope they haven't lost sight of this. I can't understand why they launched the estate version first and the one sitting in my local dealer (Race Blue with boggo silver standard wheels) doesn't stand out as the top of the range flagship. I think it looked pretty mundane and the badges let it down big style. However the hatch in the TV ad with the black/silver alloys does look much better.

I hope better deals come on the market as I wouldn't rush out to trade my MKII FL in for one at the moment.

• Like 3

I was disappointed to read EVO magazines review of the MKIII vRS as they claimed the suspension ride was flawed and no difference from the sport mode from standard. I'll reserve judgement till I get the chance to drive one.

I also own a 2002 Impreza STi and I felt that Subaru went down the same track, the facelift models and 'improvements' were disappointing and I never saw the newer versions as something I would change mine for. Needless to say it all ended up with the hideous hatch version and utlimately the death of the market for it in the UK.

You always like to think that new models are better but unfortunately it's not always the case. I think the new MKIII vRS is overpriced and as previously mentioned the reason for buying a Skoda was the excellent VFM. I hope they haven't lost sight of this. I can't understand why they launched the estate version first and the one sitting in my local dealer (Race Blue with boggo silver standard wheels) doesn't stand out as the top of the range flagship. I think it looked pretty mundane and the badges let it down big style. However the hatch in the TV ad with the black/silver alloys does look much better.

I hope better deals come on the market as I wouldn't rush out to trade my MKII FL in for one at the moment.

Been watching this thread for a while and very nearly traded my white MK2 DSG CR VRs for an estate. Test driven two, the Petrol DSG and a diesel manual. I was getting swept away in a tide of craving for the new VRs, but stepped back.

I remember watching the saleswoman driving the blue estate out of the showroom at York for me to drive and I was thinking. ' It's just not shouting enough ' Both cars I tested were race blue, and both looked utterly underwhelming. Odd that race blue just does not seem to suit the MK III. Wheels sat far too far inboard and too bloody high. Why?

Massive **** up by Skoda flooding dealerships with dull looking estates equipped with NO extras such as sun roofs to try and hook the customer. Absolutely inexcusable putting non standard wheels on a car, when the ones it is SUPPOSED to ship with look much better. Utterly baffling to me. I would not be surprised to see heaps of these early builds undesired in a years time, much like the early MK II's with no coolbox and wind up rear windows.

Edited by harrysprout
  • Like 1