New vRS picked up today!

hkp

Looks great. This was a factory order I take it?

Enjoy  B)

Yep it was - I was too impatient to wait on a custom order and wanted a manual petrol estate in Race Blue!

2 bulbs = drls I imagine,

No - the DRLs are a LED strip in the main cluster. Wanna know something else odd? Unlike the old vRS FL, the Mk3 does have 5w front sidelight bulbs.  they come on in addition to the DRLS.

The DRLS don't dim with the indicators either annoyingly.  Need to get a VCDS on me beastie!

Glad y'all like it though - I'm over the moon with it.  Drives far more like a current Audi than the old FL.

I will do the black pack myself and the window tints.  Just need to work out how to retrofit nav... hopefully in time people will work out a way to do it.

• Like 1

Been out for a night drive.. More oddness - the bi-xenon headlights do not have an extra halogen assistance.  My old FL with Xenons had a halgogen on the inside that made the main beams really good.  The new one just lifts a shutter.  The main beams are good, but not quite as awesome as the old FL I think.

The mood lighting inside the cabin is nice though, generally its a more lit up place at night than the old FL was.

lovely looking car, congrats!

Been out for a night drive.. More oddness - the bi-xenon headlights do not have an extra halogen assistance.  My old FL with Xenons had a halgogen on the inside that made the main beams really good.  The new one just lifts a shutter.  The main beams are good, but not quite as awesome as the old FL I think.

Pretty sure thats normal for bi-xenon in that its just 1 xenon bulb with the shutter for high beam which "should" be brighter than the FL Xenons mix of halogen high and xenon low.

Did you notice the change with the new AFS over your old FL as its supposed to change the cone of light more for different situations?  Having said that youve only picked it up today!

Are you running it in? I guess from the manual you have to take it easy for a while..

Is this true?  I read so many different story's.  I heard good things about this option too.  http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

It came from the USA Golf GTI forum.  Positive feedback from guys who used that method. (It is more the method I would like to use because going too slow for the first 600 or 1000 miles ...)

@hkp:  How is the manual shifter?  Is it short enough?  Is it a smooth shift?

Are you running it in? I guess from the manual you have to take it easy for a while..

As soon as an engine gets to temp, give it a good work out. Don't fanny around for a few thousand miles, or just sit at 70mph on cruise or it won't be run in correctly and will use more oil.

• Like 2