We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

I so want to have a go in a vRS with the box... and I keep getting tempted to buy one, but as I spend most of the time driving around in eco (yes, I know... but I bought the car for its size and price, and went for the vRS because it looks nice!  And I'm an old fart, even if I won't admit it), I'm not sure I'd particularly get my money's worth out of it.

Exactly the same for me. I very nearly ordered one but the blatant suggestion of committing warranty fraud rather than approach DTUK if things go pop or fall off and the offer of incentives for positive reviews on forums such as this really put me off. Decent companies should have enough confidence in their products to accept responsibly should they fail.

if you bought your box before the 15th of september feel free to send your kit back upto us and ill reflash it with the new map

Hi is it just map 1 which as changed. I am taking off tuning box soon for a couple of days so will send it up for new software. if i am using 2 +1 or 3 +1 is it worth changing the software. I notice on seat Cupra site that the new 1 +1 seems to give best results 

Cheers

Hi James,

first of all apologies for not getting back to you myself, I've not been online or involved as much in the business recently as we have an addition to the family 5 months ago which has been anything but plain sailing. I wont digress into this very much as i don't want anyone to think that i am using my personal issues to sherk my responsibilities to my customers.

regarding your issues, we did find an issue with your first kit that was replaced with the updated system and was surprised to hear that you'd started having issues again with the replacement kit. We've now tuned over 700 of these new 2.0 150/184ps engines and what we have found is that these new engines are not without their issues. Im not saying that your issues are down to your car but there is a small chance there could be an underlying issue that the system is highlighting. Another thing we have noticed over the last 12 months is that there are some massive tolerance level differences in these engines. if you can remember me saying that i couldn't use anything other than plus 1 on my own VRS where as at the time you were running plus 3.

I wasn't privvy to the whole conversation you had with Tony but i would suggest that you try turning the box down first (again you may of already tried this) and seeing if that helps, if not then well take a look at the system for you.

I totally understand, and I don't expect you personally to reply to any concerns, I just expected an honest reply from someone who works for the company - The chap telling me that code meant it was definitely my car and not possible to be the box contradicted what someone else was told. As I said before, you've been great with any queries and spoken at length to me on the phone before explaining everything about the box and maps which you didn't have to do.

I'm going to get the codes read to just make sure it isn't throwing up another issue that's different from last time but it won't be for a couple of weeks. Once I've got them I'll give you a call or email. As you've updated the maps it's probably worth me sending it back for a re flash anyway as I think mine was supplied mid August so if they've been tweaked I'm best off working with the latest map.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

I asked Tony and he said that you mentioned a code that related to a mass airflow and an air leak, so to be fair without the full list of fault codes he was going off the info given to him at the time :)

No reason to lie to you but once we have the full picture we'll both have a better understanding of what the issue could be

Hi is it just map 1 which as changed. I am taking off tuning box soon for a couple of days so will send it up for new software. if i am using 2 +1 or 3 +1 is it worth changing the software. I notice on seat Cupra site that the new 1 +1 seems to give best results

Cheers

Yes it's only map 1 that's changed ;)

Cheers

Linky?

Hi Andrew,

Am I correct in assuming your boxes manipulate both common rail and turbo boost sensor readings to influence output from both components?

Do you do anything in particular with the diesel injectors (ie injection duration instead of pressure boost)?

I am looking for a solution that avoids messing with CR pressure so the injector nozzles are not too taxed.

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Am I correct in assuming your boxes manipulate both common rail and turbo boost sensor readings to influence output from both components?

Do you do anything in particular with the diesel injectors (ie injection duration instead of pressure boost)?

I am looking for a solution that avoids messing with CR pressure so the injector nozzles are not too taxed.

Thanks!

We do have access to an injector plus boost system which is currently available for the 2.0 150. Once it becomes available for the 184ps we may take the kit on for evaluation

There has been a small issue with the box since it was new. A single, small power drop of a split second is noticeable on occasion, usually when accelerating up a hill. Luckily, this has never actually caused a problem to need to bother dtuk about, but I do believe it may be the same as the 'pulsating' problem which others sometimes mention so it would be good if dtuk would comment on this. Happily, I don't think it ever happens when you're driving hard. It also did it before I switched to 4.1, so that can't be blamed

If it's just me that wants a reply to this then that's fine, but a couple of pages back it sounded like a couple of others Were asking the same question?

If it's just me that wants a reply to this then that's fine, but a couple of pages back it sounded like a couple of others Were asking the same question?

Mine was like that but more than when just going up a hill. It would be nearly any occasion when trying to accelerate or when hold the car steady at a certain speed on a motorway. Haven't had that with the replacement box though.

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and have read this thread from start to finish. Just want to add my experience with a DTUK box.

I've ordered a new Octavia VRS about 5 weeks ago and without hesitation ordered a Trevor from Andrew at DTUK not long after. And I don't receive my Octavia until February.

I based my decision on having ran a Volvo V60 D4 with a DTUK tuning box after a run in period of 1000 miles. I've since had 43,000 trouble free miles with this box installed, and the power being delivered is mind blowing.

Granted I lost about 2mpg but this didn't really annoy me as from fill to fill I was managing to achieve 45mpg (calculated).

I've had a fair mix of remaps and tuning boxes over the years and both have their pros and cons.

For me I like the option of removing this box and transferring it to another car in 2-3 years time.

I'm looking forward to installing this on the Octavia and I have no doubt I'll have as many enjoyable miles if not more in the Octavia.

I've ordered a new Octavia VRS about 5 weeks ago and without hesitation ordered a Trevor from Andrew at DTUK not long after. And I don't receive my Octavia until February.

Can't say that's a very wise move seeing as the maps are being tweaked all the time and the actual box itself was updated 3 months ago so you are going to be running (comparitively) old maps and maybe old hardware (if it updates again) on your new car. Yes you can send the box back to get the updated maps but you are going to be paying for the postage when you could just buy the box in February - I just cannot see any sense in buying it now.

Plus you aren't recommended to run the box until you've done a couple of thousand miles so although you get the car in February, you won't be able to fit it for another couple of months!

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

I'm currently doing 700 miles a week. I buy a car every 2-3 years through my work and it's used for this purpose only. As I've said based on previous experiences I've have had absolutely no qualms in purchasing now. Plus it suited to do so. As for postage, again I've a DHL account so it's no big issue.

Edited by djBarren

Why would you do this?  It's like buying a DVD player without a TV, totally pointless.   Unless of course the delivery time on a box is really sloooow.

• Like 1

Why would you do this? It's like buying a DVD player without a TV, totally pointless. Unless of course the delivery time on a box is really sloooow.

I think the point is, he has confidence in the product and is happy to buy the current offering for the car. Dtuk 'might' release an update or newer version, im sure he's factored that in when making the decision.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the point is, he has confidence in the product and is happy to buy the current offering for the car. Dtuk 'might' release an update or newer version, im sure he's factored that in when making the decision.

My sentiments exactly. If I didn't get it now her indoors would only spend it on me.

Why would you do this?  It's like buying a DVD player without a TV, totally pointless.   Unless of course the delivery time on a box is really sloooow.

Unless things have changed if you order during normal office hours the boxes usually arrive the next day via Royal Mail special delivery. My brother once bought a motor cycle jacket and helmet, but never got a bike!

Small anomalies like this are hard to diagnose, I've had something similar with our vRS but going downhill. Again this occurs with and without the box.

If its only happened once then yet again its difficult for me to comment on as it maybe of been a sht of dirty fuel, goodness knows

there are no plans for any hardware updates where the CRDT+ is concerned,

image_zps2cd49862.jpg

although we are rolling out trevor as a single channel application where CRD2+ and CRDe are offered,

image_zps412b1fe6.jpg

image_zps5cae7fa0.jpg

these are going live on our website this next week.