Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

7 hours ago, ahenners said:

Great choice! Paint looks fantastic, and winter pack + canton are must haves in my opinion. Enjoy!

Thanks, nearly bought a 230 with black pack but went with this one, winter and canton won me over. Always had aftermarket setups but growing up prevent that now. For the original option cost don't think you could better it aftermarket. I'm glad the previous owner ticked the box.

Whilst I would normally do my own cars I paid for this one to be detailed by a professional. Bit nervous about paying someone for what I (thought I) could do myself but as it turns out he did job a thousand times better than I could ever have done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmax889 said:

Cheers :thumbup:

Sorry about the crap quality dark video It was windy so its not great sound either had to record it on an old phone so i could use the Bluetooth app on the samsung. The first 2 mins are outside in demo mode which isn't as smooth as using the accelerator, you can also control the maps using the cruise control stalk.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

Sorry about the crap quality dark video It was windy so its not great sound either had to record it on an old phone so i could use the Bluetooth app on the samsung. The first 2 mins are outside in demo mode which isn't as smooth as using the accelerator, you can also control the maps using the cruise control stalk.

That actually sound pretty good.

Did you install it all yourself?

7 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

That actually sound pretty good.

Did you install it all yourself?

yes, fabricated a bracket and used bits of the old exhaust then used heavy duty bands to hold it securely in place. It attaches nicely to the middle section of the exhaust and there's a grommet just above it to take the harness into the cabin. Im really enjoying it and it get a lot of stares. You cant hear it at speed and volume can be tapered off when linked to your speed so the faster you go the quieter it gets. It read the can high low for the revs and can be controlled either by BT app on the phone or via the cruise control stalk or another momentary switch on the loom. Ive hidden this in the cubby hole beside the ignition. 

Just now, Saints92 said:

Thanks, first properly aggressive back end of a VRS I can remember seeing

Yes I was sold on the aggressive looks only.. Many people Rieger etc but it looks too subtle and this on the other hand has that extreme DTM kinda look.

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

yes, fabricated a bracket and used bits of the old exhaust then used heavy duty bands to hold it securely in place. It attaches nicely to the middle section of the exhaust and there's a grommet just above it to take the harness into the cabin. Im really enjoying it and it get a lot of stares. You cant hear it at speed and volume can be tapered off when linked to your speed so the faster you go the quieter it gets. It read the can high low for the revs and can be controlled either by BT app on the phone or via the cruise control stalk or another momentary switch on the loom. Ive hidden this in the cubby hole beside the ignition. 

Sounds really good! Can I ask what active sound system kit you have used and where you got the kit from? Thanks 

34 minutes ago, Octavia1982 said:

Sounds really good! Can I ask what active sound system kit you have used and where you got the kit from? Thanks 

i went with kufatec as it was much better value , the eberspacher unit is the same no matter which one you pick but the software and app are different. I think the Active Sound app is much much better then kufatecs offering. they use sliders to change the profile rather than a graph and its alot easier to understand whats happening, but it wasnt worth the extra couple of hundred pounds and im sure Kufatec will update their app in time.

Of course there are limits!  I'd need a snorkel and probably flippers too if I tried to cross it now.

"Why didn't the Scout cross the river? Because it would have been very stupid to try."  {Traditional Finish saying}

Hoping no one got flooded in UK storm - though my parents in Uppingham had 24deg and sunshine all day. 

stream flood.jpg

• Like 1

Brace yourself - winter is coming!

Winter tires is waxed, air adjusted and mounted on the car. A long with rubber floor mats and a new set of window vipers were all set. Last tire change on this car.

746471548_Bilde20_10.2018120612.thumb.jpg.baf997027611b00790737728cca70b9d.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

5 years old this month and still scrubs up well! :)

dNH1PI.jpg

Mine’s 3 tomorrow, not as shiny as yours though - still waiting for the drizzle to stop so I can get out and washNwax before I’m back in work next week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

5 years old this month and still scrubs up well! :)

dNH1PI.jpg

So, is it a keeper, or are you getting itchy feet? 

4 hours ago, dunc69 said:

So, is it a keeper, or are you getting itchy feet? 

It's a keeper, no plans to get rid anytime soon. It's such a great all rounder I have no idea what I'd replace it with. It passed its MOT last week with no advisories and so far it's needed nothing but servicing and tyres.

A guy round the corner from me has a red MK2 facelift 60 plate TSI VRS with 190k on it. I'd love to be able to keep this and get it to similar. Long way to go yet though!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, courty said:

Mine’s 3 tomorrow, not as shiny as yours though - still waiting for the drizzle to stop so I can get out and washNwax before I’m back in work next week 

This was the first chance I'd had to clean it in nearly 3 months! It was incredibly filthy. Was impressed at how well it came up from just a snow foam, wash and application of Sonax BSD.

• Like 1