Guide: Upgrading Columbus firmware and maps

AJ7788

Cheers guys, will try and burn images on DVD this time rather than CD-R and try again. When I updated first of all with 5274, it came up with an error message after quite sometime that it couldn't update because of radio differences hence why I thought it was to do with DAb.

As a side note, I cannot locate 5270 stated in this thread, is it particularly another firmware set?

Will try again.

Thanks again

Mark

To be honest I've had issues with 5270 firmware and a downgrade to 5269 was the answer. That's what I'd try first. And burn firmware onto Verbatim dvd-r with IMG burn at the lowest possible speed, verified after burning.

Success, burnt onto to Tesco DVD-R!!!! Thank you for your help!

I have managed to get 5274 on, so will see how it goes.  Just out of interest, what issues did you have?

I now need to load the maps again!

Thanks again guys for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I've just bought a Skoda Superb 2010 with a Columbus Sat Nav and would really appreciate some help with two problems I'm having:

1 - The firmware seems to be really old (no access to secret Setup menu, no 7 digit postcode) but without accessing the secret menu I don't know how to check the firmware and start the process of upgrading.  Any clues with older models?

2 - The bluetooth module doesn't seem to work with my iPhone 5.  I think that the answer is here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/189618-rsap-bluetooth-to-handsfree-sucess/ and my module is 5NO 035 730 C, but i just wanted to see if anyone knew  what the current best module to upgrade to was?  Ideally I'd love to use A2DP and read texts on the screen (though appreciate that the lack of rSAP will probably mean no text reading)

Many thanks for any help with these.  Ideally I'd like not to have to take the unit out of the dash to see the firmware but guess I need to do that before knowing which version to update to?  Also, should I tackle the firmware or bluetooth first?!

Thanks very much in advance

Dan

Upgrade to 4120 software went very well last night. Was quite late and didn't have time to upload the map - does anyone know how I can get the map onto the HDD from the DVD now? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upgrade to 4120 software went very well last night. Was quite late and didn't have time to upload the map - does anyone know how I can get the map onto the HDD from the DVD now? Thanks

Just place it in the cd / dvd slot. Will take roughly an hour.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Thanks - does it need an hour of driving? I've tried a few 10 min stints in the driveway, and when I press eject it doesn't have the same warning as at the start of this post saying that it's downloading the map data.

Any idea how I can find out when it's done?

Thanks again

Thanks Rustynuts (and J306TD)

I do get the feeling it's just reading the data from the DVD rather than downloading it. I could redo the firmware I guess, but quite a hassle!

I also have an issue. Since updating to the modified 4020. On maxi dot when sat nav is on. I can't scroll onto another screen. How can I fix this?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

How do I do that?! There isn't a way to force the unit to request reinstalling of the maps is there?

Where did you get your firmware from, just out of interest? There are some online pages where they hold a repository of various firmwares and fixes, and they could have a download for a maps format firmware. Do you know what firmware you started with (from the label on the top of the unit)?

I also have an issue. Since updating to the modified 4020. On maxi dot when sat nav is on. I can't scroll onto another screen. How can I fix this?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Again, this could depend on what you started with and what you did.  It could be that something needs recoding with VCDS to restore the correct settings, but it's not an error I've come across before.

I got it from rnsfirmware.com and had exactly the same 2724 as a7788 at the start of this forum. No maps mentioned there but I'll look again

Hey guys I have some trouble to update my late 2013 columbus in my vrs3. Im downloading the files. Unzip them but no way that the columbus recognize the files. Ive at the root a txt, an two folder mib1 and mib2. What should i do? Only mib1? Please some help ;)

Hey guys I have some trouble to update my late 2013 columbus in my vrs3. Im downloading the files. Unzip them but no way that the columbus recognize the files. Ive at the root a txt, an two folder mib1 and mib2. What should i do? Only mib1? Please some help ;)