How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

With Amundsen it does not work ok due to limited functionality.

That was the old my15 amundsen? My my16 amundsen has speed limit signs on all the roads which I think is needed for traffic sign recognition?

Seems to work fine on mine, no errors when I turn on car and signs appearing

Is yours also MY2016?

Because that limited functionality message is really pain in the ass on MY2015 and older cars :(.

That was the old my15 amundsen? My my16 amundsen has speed limit signs on all the roads which I think is needed for traffic sign recognition?

The problem was not the speed limit data in Amundsen but in fusion of data between nav traffic sign data and traffic sign data from camera.

Also additional question: did you followed instructions from first post?

Edited by mtl

Is yours also MY2016?

Because that limited functionality message is really pain in the ass on MY2015 and older cars :(.

The problem was not the speed limit data in Amundsen but in fusion of data between nav traffic sign data and traffic sign data from camera.

Also additional question: did you followed instructions from first post?

Yes i have a MY2016 car with mib2

• Like 1

@Crogers and Iamholam:

sorry for being so meticulous, I would just like to really clarify this: both of you enabled TSR in a MY2016 car equipped with Amundsen and there is no limited functionallity message?

• 6 months later...

This is the setting on how A5 camera merges speed limit data with data from navigation unit.

Do i understand it correctly, if to choose "road sign detection" then system don't try to find road sign match from nav database for that location and shows what it can read? (we do not have road signs embedded in nav database in Estonia and that is why system does not show anything right now, always "no road signs to show" message)

What about "electronic horizon"?

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, if there are no traffic signs loaded into A5 camera for your country, TSR will not work regardless, what you choose at this setting.

But yes: road sign fusion means that it mergest speed limits with nav data, road sign detection should use only data from camera, electronic horizon I do not know what it means.

• Like 1

Car was originally sold in Germany with traffic sign recognition enabled from factory, so i think there should be all the necessary soft in A5 camera to work without nav database, will try this "road sign detection" adaption.

But would be nice if somebody knows the last option also or what is the difference between them.

Car was originally sold in Germany with traffic sign recognition enabled from factory, so i think there should be all the necessary soft in A5 camera to work without nav database, will try this "road sign detection" adaption.

But would be nice if somebody knows the last option also or what is the difference between them.

It is not important for which country the car was made. Only important thing is if A5 camera has speed limit signs for Estonia loaded. If not, it will not work in your country, but when you will go for example to Germany (country which has speed limit signs loaded into A5) it will work.

Anyway, try it (do not forget to soft reset camera after change) and if it does not work code it back to fusion modus.

• Like 1

@mtl

Do you mean that A5 camera has some data that help recognize speed limit from specific countries ?

Is there a way of knowing witch country are loaded ? or is it the same information loaded on all A5 cameras ?

If it's the latter, is there a list of all countries loaded in A5 ?

I popped over to see @aubrey yesterday who helped enable a few things for me (cornering fogs, TSR, dimming DRL's when indicating and rear teardrop wipe). Big thank you @aubrey for helping me.

I have a new Mk3 vRS with lane assist, Amundsen and normal maxidot.

We followed the info on the VCDS page which @Andyvee created/posted/mastered.

My question is: How do I know if the speed limit that is being shown in my maxidot (and on my sat nav) is actually the speed of the street and not just data collected from the nav system?

Because it could now be displaying map data of a 40 road which is now 50.

I guess the easiest way is drive along a road with variable speed limits or a know difference between map data and real life.

Thanks.

P.s. I got a warning which said restricted functionality just as I was leaving @aubrey's but I have not noticed it since. Plus the option to active/deactivate has appeared in the infotainment.

Awesome stuff Andy. It's recognised 20mph zones. Thanks for the work to get this adaption working (on a side note, the new Mk3's have slightly different set ups in VCDS compared to the VCDS page - possibly an upgraded/newer system?) #simplyclever.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this working withour the error message? Thinking of activating TSR in my car, but not sure if my OCD will allow a warning every time the car is started :) I don´t have sat-nav.

Did you get this working withour the error message? Thinking of activating TSR in my car, but not sure if my OCD will allow a warning every time the car is started :) I don´t have sat-nav.

I coded this on our Nov 15 (MY16) L&K last week.  I got a notification/error message first time I went passed a sign after I did the coding, but not seen it since.........

I coded this on our Nov 15 (MY16) L&K last week.  I got a notification/error message first time I went passed a sign after I did the coding, but not seen it since.........

I´m not completely familiar with the level of equipment in a UK O3 - but does it have sat nav?

I´m not completely familiar with the level of equipment in a UK O3 - but does it have sat nav?

Yeah Amundsen as standard on the L&K (not got the Columbus upgrade)

I'm thinking this is a bit hit and miss without satnav..... A couple I times it's picked up speed limits on side roads..... Just driving into Chester city centre down a road with a 30 limit it randomly decided the limit was 70 despite passing no signs at all..... Hmmmmm

Sure it's not just using the sat nav data?