Get your beads out

Sparkly

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:43, Gissin said:

5 days in, still beading nicely G3 super resin wax.

DSC_0023.JPG

this has finally stopped beading so that's just over 8 weeks from one coat of g3

machine polish and 3 coats of megs #16 this weekend so that should look nice

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of QD/Liquid coatings I hadn't tried, so got them on today, just in time for the heavens to open  :}

This is  Alien Magic Argon on the roof and rails:

BJiz2s1.jpg

OMfc3Hp.jpg

MqGE1mr.jpg

And Adams Gloss and Guard H20 on the rest of the car:

ody7EeS.jpg

G3tDyPJ.jpg

iInVJ0M.jpg

Here are the 2 together, Alien Magic up top and below the crease Adams G&G H20:

V7RtJFF.jpg

IMO the Adams has a deeper gloss when the car is dry, and the fact you can use it on glass and plastic too simplifies life :)

Maybe you can with the Alien Magic too, but I wasn't sure so the only plastic that got put on, is the roof rail bits as a test. No white yet :tongueout:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, threadbear said:

845 is good stuff! 

It really is. 

It's my to go wax for a solid base layer and for something long lasting during winter. 

I've always used 476s but think I'll stick with the 845 from now on, easy on, easy off, great durability, great beading/sheeting. Maybe loses out slightly in gloss. Seems to look better in low light whereas any other wax I use looks better in direct sunlight. 

Been thinking about topping it with chemical guys butter wet wax recently for a bit of extra gloss. As I've said in another thread recently though I really don't need to buy more waxes but I can't stop! 

1 hour ago, VRSmarty said:

It really is. 

It's my to go wax for a solid base layer and for something long lasting during winter. 

I've always used 476s but think I'll stick with the 845 from now on, easy on, easy off, great durability, great beading/sheeting. Maybe loses out slightly in gloss. Seems to look better in low light whereas any other wax I use looks better in direct sunlight. 

Been thinking about topping it with chemical guys butter wet wax recently for a bit of extra gloss. As I've said in another thread recently though I really don't need to buy more waxes but I can't stop! 

I sometimes think that car detailing products are the male equivalent of women`s make up products! 

Edited by threadbear

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

35615932744_4d168e2b1b_k.jpgBloop by Amanda, on Flickr

I'll get my coat.....again

Nice beads..

More importantly....

Welcome back stranger!

Really was starting to think that bunker had collapsed!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 07:53, Bignij said:

20170707_065547[1].jpg

20170707_065556[1].jpg

59cce58fb2e6c_20170928_0656391.thumb.jpg.40962813caf18b5d8eee2d68b78012f7.jpg

Not a particularly great shot or example except to say, this car hasn't been cleaned for more than 4 weeks. It's testament to the CPro coating that it still beads like this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...