trainers that will last

mikejay

i struggle finding a pair of trainers that last me any length of time. within a month or so they start wearing down, the soles start to come away. any recomendations for a trainer that will not fall to pieces so quick. i have had rebok classics many time which where good but want a change. just got like a sneeker boot, only had them 3 week and there already fallin pieces. how good are sketchers? im willing to pay more if thay wear better.

If it's not for running and just kicking about in go and get yourself some merrells or similar outdoor brand type trainers.

I've got a pair that are nearly 3 years old and still fine. Same with a pair of Haglofs approach shoes and they're 2 years old and look like new!

• Like 1

Hi tech 50 peaks, they're like a all terrain trainer, I generally walk the heal off footwear but these are now almost three years old and are just starting to loose the grip from the heal.

I have a pair of Reeboks that must be 12 years old that have had a fair bit of use.  I also have Brookes trainers for running and triathlons which are 7 years old and still going strong (although they are mainly for events rather than training).

It is horses for courses but it might be worth going to a proper running shop and let them see how you walk and run and they can recommend a shoe for the way you walk.  Some makes suit pronators and some suit those that over pronate.

i have some asics for running. only problem with outdoor shops is i still want them to look fasionable and be able wear them with jeans. i like white ones too. my mate has some sketchers which seam pritty good

If its not for any kind of training and more everyday wear you could try "munich" trainers, ive had a pair ages now and wear the death outa them and they still look great with no hint of falling apart.

K:)

i have some asics for running. only problem with outdoor shops is i still want them to look fasionable and be able wear them with jeans. i like white ones too. my mate has some sketchers which seam pritty good

Are no suggesting I'm not fashionable?!

Although, to be fair I couldn't tell you when I last had white trainers... :rofl:

Wiganer to many pies makes trainers wear away fast. Joking aside this is a difficult question to answer as you don't say what they are for running gym general wear what? If it's for running or in fact any use wear is usually dictated by how much you probate supernate heal strike etc. these are fancy names for how much your foot rolls inwards or out wards which obviously targets the wear on the outside or inside edge of your shoes, heal striker will aim most wear at the heal.If you see none of these wear patterns on your shoe soles you are a neutral runner and any shoe will do,if you have any wear described you need to go to a proper running shoe provider and get some shoes with anti pronation sections in them to prevent role, this will also reduce wear as well.Between 1996and2001 I ran 100 miles every week marathon training this is normal for a club runner,I kept a log of shoe wear and comfort all shoes except Nike.

The best by far New Balance 1200 miles max Asics 800 miles max Puma,Adidas,Brooks'Sauconey,Mizunos,diadoras, 5 to600miles max Reebok less than 300 miles. If it's just for messing about might as well go to Aldi.As most good running shoes are £60+ unless you visit the new balance factory shop in Shap village. About half price with good free advice.

If money no object then I would recommend any of the Salomon range pricey but really good I bought a pair on sale (£70 don't tell the wife) utterly brilliant super tough but lightweight look really good, looks like they are around £90 to £100 now but if you were Going to just use them for walking around in they will more than Likely outlast you:-)

Adidas Superstars. They have the shell toe and last ages. My son has plain black ones for school because they last so long, he's only 5 and is very active. He most prob destroy most other trainers out there.

Id go for an outdoor shoe like a merrell/berghaus etc. The soles are really good. I do about 4miles walking a day. 365 days a year. And mine have lasted me 3years. Even thougj I can get as many pairs as I want from sponsor!! Only personal im afraid. Took me 3months to get my 2yr old a pair of climbing shoes out of them!

Edited by Th3Grinch

Only time I've seen reebok classics as fashionable is in one if her majesty's prisons! Lol

Salomon's are good shoes though, I have a pair of trail trainers that are brilliant.

I buy cheap ones as I ruin them so quickly! I only wear white ones though so change them every so often.

Think my last paid were Lonsdale and cost me £22.

Wiganer to many pies makes trainers wear away fast. Joking aside this is a difficult question to answer as you don't say what they are for running gym general wear what?

He does brownfox, says they're just for general wear (and later on notes a different pair for running).

I think the first thing to do is try not to wear them every single day - a day or two days' rest will help definitely.

I like retro type Nike and Onitsuka Tigers, seem to last me well (>1 year).

• Like 1