HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

I see what your saying completely, its a bit of a mess on ive got it sat here and that plug is bulky and i dont see how it will fit,

I have a link from years ago when i was going to get a ph2 172!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?600548-HID-Conversion-Kit-H7-Won-t-fit-in-my-Clio-MK2-PH2-Help-please 

but seeing how big this plug is i dont see how it will fit!!! :/

EDIT: urgh im an idiot, cut the grommet out and slide them through, doesnt matter about the plug as the wires are thin and the blue and red wire plug is skinny enough.

i think thats what i will do if i struggle. urgh im so silly. then just tape the back of the light up

Unless I cut snips in the grommet, to get the wires out and then put the bulb holder on that way. As long as I don't cut between two holes the gromment should stay in one piece and be held together by the piece inbetween the holes. It seems quite strong rubber....

Edited by matthewl

Got the passenger side in now, done it the other way round so the bulbs in and the ballast is balancing on the air filter. Gonna see if I can get driver side in before fastening them in.... Should be interesting.

I cut through the grommet, pulled the wires out and done it that way. 

• Like 1

Drivers side bulb in!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now to attach ballasts and fix everything back together :) phew!

Anyone with diesel: The filter IS in your way, but I with rather large hands managed it by removing the bulb and its wires from the grommet first, and putting the bulb in with just two wires coming from it. Takes a while but it goes in.

Phew!

• Like 1

Before and afters. If you want any more pics matty, I have a few of where the ballasts are attached but there's not much else to really see! anything specific let me know and i'll grab a shot :)

Before:

dqRAZzs.jpg

4b4AD3h.jpg

And after:

7M4mjKn.jpg

OaKlWGn.jpg

H5HZfuV.jpg

Side by side with the standards in the vRS

vauXtNz.jpg

ev3CYhf.jpg

RS7SV4U.jpg

• Like 2

These are the pictures you REALLY want to see!

Can you tell which one is the Monte?  :drunk:

gScvn3L.jpg

rBjU2lb.jpg

SZL35aO.jpg

And my personal favourite...

kllF60l.jpg

I do have a couple of snaps of dipped & main beam I took on my iPhone whilst driving down a quiet country lane, but they're quite blurry  :sweat:  And also...

I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade. I give the following reasons:

• The colour is absolutely ice white, maybe with a hint of blue.
  • From the drivers seat, I feel so much safer. 
  • From the drivers seat, I feel so much more confident driving at night now.
  • From the drivers seat, I can see further. Dipped beam was astounding through town as now I can actually see the things about to pass by my car low down, which adds to the confidence/safety feel.
  • Signs are lit up further away and made more clear.
  • The warm up time, whilst noticeable, is rather "cool". I say cool in the the sense that it is a bit like the iDevice boxes and their "7 second reveal".
  • Looks amazing from the outside of the car too.

:)

• Like 3

Glad you like em! They look brill!

I suspect that vrs will be getting the same treatment soon? ;)

Nah, as well as the car not usually being driven by me, it doesn't get much night work. With my dad away a lot, it often only gets used for mum popping to work. So doesn't warrant the upgrade. If my dad asks me to when he gets back off holiday I'll happily install them.

Thanks, I think they really add to the car! Makes it look a lot better :) and also for the matching plates... We do get a couple of looks down the driveway when people walk past with their dogs and when were in convoy :D

• Like 1

These pics and your review is amazing...no doubt I'll be buying the same HID Kit...!

Love the photos....! Can't wait to order these and then fit it. Glad this thread was created as there are so many good and helpful posts here...!

Thanks a lot all...;)

• Like 1

Hey guys I fitted mine got it done in about30 minutes.

Do yours flicker when they are warming up??

Struggled to mount my ballasts. One is on the slam panel above the headlight on drivers side attached with a cable tie and a bolt. The other is next to the airbox in thw picture. I broke a plasric connector which is attached to the wing with wires in it.

Everything is in the way. Waiting for some 3m tape to turn up so I can stick them somewhere. And stick that bracket back on!! Other than that and the h7 adaptors being utter shot everything went well...

When I turn mine on, there's a split second of bright light, then it dies down and the bulbs warm up properly.

Yeah with yours being a vRS it would have been a fair bit easier ;)

• Like 1

That is how mine is mounted on the drivers side haha!! Really sturdy arent they!!

Im going to kount them under the plastic pannel once the 3m tape turns up :) should look a bit nicer than the wires being all over atm.:)

Hey guys I fitted mine got it done in about30 minutes.

Do yours flicker when they are warming up??

Define flicker?

As said, they should start bright then power down and slowly power up to full brightness.

Initial start up uses quite a lot of power, then when they stabilise at a steady brightness they use the 35w.

If its struggling to start, flickering on and off it could be a dodgey connection, bulb or ballast.

Do both lights do it? Or just the one?

really gonna get a set when I get payed Wednesday. just one thing though. when the lights ate off, and you need to flash? then what lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why would you get the R? The r is to cut down on dazzling other people in a reflector lens. A full beam is going to dazzle, its what its for haha.

I had them in mine. Really good late at night when you rarely see another car, as it makes it like daylight.

However, when its pitch black at 4pm in winter, and theres loads of other cars on the road, your constantly flicking high beam on/off. The warm up time is too much, and i blew a bulb in about 2 months. They don't like cycling on/off all the time.

Iv gone back to high performance bulbs for high beam. Philips extreme vision etc. theyre not as bright, but are much more practical.

Iv tried mtec 5000k bulbs which do match the colour of the dip beam hids. However, they just arent bright enough. You can barely tell high beam is on.