Coding / Adaptation Help required

I think there's one big difference though - with HBA, there are no extra controls needed.  With ACC, there is an additional stalk.

So you might be able to activate it, but you won't be able to control it without adding physical hardware.

I think there's one big difference though - with HBA, there are no extra controls needed.  With ACC, there is an additional stalk.

So you might be able to activate it, but you won't be able to control it without adding physical hardware.

I guess the other difference might be that if you get it wrong you may not find out until you wake up in hospital...not sure I'd want to be tinkering with something that's going to be automatically controlling the brakes and accelerator???

Just coded this one, can't believe it's a £300 extra.

Now just got to wait till it's dark on way home from work to test.

Did you do the coding in the 09 CCM as well? It's listed here on the page separate as I forgot to put it in the main bit. Also set your Lx from 3 to 10 - works much better Edited by xpower

I initially coded the 09 and done the adaptions on the A5 this gave a fault because i had forgot to enable it on the A5. Once enabled fault gone.

I have also changed the Lx to 10 like you said.

Thanks for this one mate good skills.

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Octavia vRS, it has front assist fitted (camera) which includes lane assist, rain sensor and light sensor, I have Bi-Xenon AFSII headlights.

I am trying to see if it is possible to code High Beam Assist (HBA module 20)

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

(1)Coded the gateway to include Module 20 – HBA (I have ticked it)

CAN3_zpsf95f8026.jpg

(2) Check the adaptations in the gateway (HBA coded)

HBAcoded1_zps68b9564e.jpg

(3) Coded the front assist to include HBA and light assist (Module A5 frt sens. Drv assist)

HBAcoded2_zps27a0891b.jpg

(4) Checked in adaptations that HBA is coded

(5) Changed adaptations in 09 CCM to include menu for HBA in infotainment

(Menu is now present and works)

When I activate the HBA by pushing the stalk forwards I get the correct symbol on the dash to show it has been activated with no errors (this threw up an error until I coded step 3)

However – When I activate it is just doesn’t work, the symbol is there on the dash but the high beams don’t come on at all and therefore don’t switch automatically.

I can override them by pushing the main beam stalk forwards again reverting to normal mode at which point the auto high beam symbol goes out.

I was to believe that the HBA module was part of the camera and light assist module and therefore only coding and adaptations would be required.  I can’t find any for adaptations or coding options relevant to the HBA.  The Long coder doesn’t show any tick boxes in my CAN gateway, as it must be too new.

However there is still clearly no communication to the 20-HBA Module

Any info is welcomed

i will post this up on the ross-tech forum to see if anyone has had any luck on Golfs or Leons

IF we can get this working there will be a lot of vRS owners who would like it, its like a £300 optional extra  :rock:

Thanks

Hi xpower,

Do you do this as a business or purely for pleasure?

I'm only in Telford and wondered if you'd make a few changes for me??? PM me if that's easier.

Cheers

AndyVee (or anyone else :happy: ) - question....

Have you seen anything that will allow me to REDUCE the sensitivity of the auto lights? TBH they come on waaaayyyyy to early or even if I go under some tree's!  I have seen the coding form making them come on earlier but not later.

As for the error message about traffic sign recognition I have have a thought but it would require someone to go through the live data and look at what block the information about the speed limit signs comes through. You can then prevent the messages over CAN from appearing (listed by block number)

Or there is an option to stop all error messages on the instruments popping on the up, but whilst that would fix the issue it may not be a good thing for everything else (don't even know if it works)

Edited by xpower

Also I still can't recode the RLFS with VCDS 14.6 but only the rain closing byte / bit. I can change the coding to increase the light sensitivity - how weird

RLFSerror_zpsbbe861dc.jpg

AndyVee (or anyone else :happy: ) - question....

Have you seen anything that will allow me to REDUCE the sensitivity of the auto lights? TBH they come on waaaayyyyy to early or even if I go under some tree's! I have seen the coding form making them come on earlier but not later.

In the infotainment, car setup then light settings there it should have tbh enable and sensitivity slow or fast if I remember correct.

I have mine on fast and now when the sun is shining 24/7 here in Sweden its hard to try if it makes any differences.

I tested it last night and it worked in an urban area with poor street lights, didn't test it with the option activated though - especially since I have altered the Lux level.

AndyVee (or anyone else :happy: ) - question....

Have you seen anything that will allow me to REDUCE the sensitivity of the auto lights? TBH they come on waaaayyyyy to early or even if I go under some tree's!  I have seen the coding form making them come on earlier but not later.

As for the error message about traffic sign recognition I have have a thought but it would require someone to go through the live data and look at what block the information about the speed limit signs comes through. You can then prevent the messages over CAN from appearing (listed by block number)

Or there is an option to stop all error messages on the instruments popping on the up, but whilst that would fix the issue it may not be a good thing for everything else (don't even know if it works)

You can change the sensitivity in the RLFS by messing with the glass types etc., have play but it is very limited on the code combinations it will accept.

As for the traffic sign recognition, it is getting the Sat Nav speed limit sign data to merge with the Camera speed limit sign data, and display on the Maxidot. It appears that the Sat Nav data is not merging with the Camera data, and if the camera doesn't see anything you don't get the Sat Nav speed limit data displayed on the Maxidot.

Not having Lane Assist I can't investigate, but it will be something really simple to fix it.

Tested and working on way home from work last night. Entry slip dual carriageway into motorway about 1/2 mile long no lighting, as soon as I got on road full beams, road bends round to left and I saw a car towards it killed the full beams very quickly as soon as car past re-activated. Very quick to respond.

Thanks to xpower for getting me a £300 optional extra for nothing!

• Like 1

Thats bloody marvelous.  I always wondered from buying whether this would be just a software update with all the trick cameras we already had installed.  Going to setup on mine asap :)

• Like 1

Yep agreed, fantastic work. I did mine last night along with some of the others from the "tried and tested" thread although I have yet to check if it's full functional as I haven't taken it out during darkness yet although the icon shows on the dash when I push the left stork away. I have yet to change the lux levels as I ran out of time