aftermarket wheels thread

I bought some new wheels that I've always wanted and they came up for a good price!

Set of Genuine BBS CH 18x8 ET50 wheels with 225/40/18 tyres... I'm going to get some 235/40/18's and I've already ordered some spacers! Will get some more photos once tyres and spacers on!

post-94743-0-61245600-1481651561_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I bought some new wheels that I've always wanted and they came up for a good price!

Set of Genuine BBS CH 18x8 ET50 wheels with 225/40/18 tyres... I'm going to get some 235/40/18's and I've already ordered some spacers! Will get some more photos once tyres and spacers on!

BBS CH 18x8 don't need much spacer. My BBS 19x8,5 need no spacers at all in the front and 10mm at each side in the back at the most. And these wheels are just half an inch wider.

I found with my BBS CH copies I didn't need spacers on the front but put 7mm per side on the rear.

I have seen the same wheels but in a light gun metal colour, I was wondering if they would go ok with Meteor Grey.

Also done in gloss black, hmmm.

Edited by Mence

BBS CH 18x8 don't need much spacer. My BBS 19x8,5 need no spacers at all in the front and 10mm at each side in the back at the most. And these wheels are just half an inch wider.

Depends what your offset is, My current wheels are 19x8 et41 so sit 9mm further out that the BBS's and they could do with a small spacer at the rear so i've gone for a 15mm spacer for the rear and an 8mm at the front for the BBS's and will see how they look.

Mine are 42 and the fronts are pretty close to being illegal.

The rears sit inboard quite a bit so you can get some pretty fat spacers on them.

Edited by Mence

Depends what your offset is, My current wheels are 19x8 et41 so sit 9mm further out that the BBS's and they could do with a small spacer at the rear so i've gone for a 15mm spacer for the rear and an 8mm at the front for the BBS's and will see how they look.

Correct. Mine is ET47, his is ET 50, so not a lot more to the inside, apart from the difference in width of the rim.

Mine are 42 and the fronts are pretty close to being illegal.

The rears sit inboard quite a bit so you can get some pretty fat spacers on them.

The BBS SV are also available in ET38, but those would have been protruding outside the wheel cases.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wheel brand/name: Rota Grids

Size: 18x 8.5j

ET:44

Tyre: Toyo Proxies T1 sport 225/40/18

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc: Window tints, Glass black Maxton Front splitter, black grille, rear spoiler, Waiting on KW coilovers, Booked into milltek for a custom twin exit system as they dont make one for a non vRS

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

• Like 2

On 22/02/2017 at 12:24, Mikehaseler said:

Wheel brand/name: Rota Grids

Size: 18x 8.5j

ET:44

Tyre: Toyo Proxies T1 sport 225/40/18

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc: Window tints, Glass black Maxton Front splitter, black grille, rear spoiler, Waiting on KW coilovers, Booked into milltek for a custom twin exit system as they dont make one for a non vRS

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Very nice.  I looked at some of those for my winters.  Bought the ATS instead in the end as they were cheaper, but those are a good looking wheel IMO.

10 hours ago, Smoloney87 said:

Got the Geminis refurbished and finished in metallic black.. 

rps20170301_221142.jpg

Oohhh I like that. Did you leave the faces diamond cut? I cant really tell from the pictures.

8 hours ago, KarlO3V5 said:

Oohhh I like that. Did you leave the faces diamond cut? I cant really tell from the pictures.

Nope no diamond cutting which is grand cause it was cheaper.. The metallic black isn't diamond cut from factory either just the antricite 

rps20170302_172541.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!!!

I need a quick help about 19's.. So I'm really close to buy a set of 19's to my O3. Has anyone fitted a 19x9 et 40 to Octavia 3? Or with some kind of offset. I have few spare spacers in my pocket so strut is not gonna be a problem, but how about arch?

I hope for fast answer 'cause I have to buy them today if I wan't those.

Thanks already.

Yours Antti

Edited by anttihotari

15 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Really fancy a set of these 18 8J ET41 for my O3

Not sure if I'd get away with R18/40/245's, commments, experience & thoughts all welcome

$_1.jpg

245's may be too wide, 235's should be fine. Strictly, 245's would need to be 30 profile, and 235's 35 profile?  

I  reckon 235/40/18 would be ideal.

1 hour ago, anttihotari said:

Hi all!!!

I need a quick help about 19's.. So I'm really close to buy a set of 19's to my O3. Has anyone fitted a 19x9 et 40 to Octavia 3? Or with some kind of offset. I have few spare spacers in my pocket so strut is not gonna be a problem, but how about arch?

I hope for fast answer 'cause I have to buy them today if I wan't those.

Thanks already.

Yours Antti

OEM Skoda Extremes are 19x7.5 ET49 IIRC, so you are going to have 9mm more poke towards the arches from the offset alone, plus the extra width of about 38mm (14mm each side of wheel), so 23mm of poke (14mm extra width and 9mm offset) and 5mm (14mm extra width less 9mm offset) closer to the strut. Add spacers to clear the strut and you will be way outside the arches, by my (possibly dodgy) calculations. :shake: