Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Got my bike back from service today at the local bike shop, feels like it's brand new and couldn't be happier! Turnaround was pretty good too, and the staff are super friendly/helpful. 

Although it did cost more than getting my car serviced, but that's what happens with 12 months of neglect...

• Like 1

Got a full refund on a holiday we won't be able to take, including the seat reservation costs.  We were due to go to Canada last year for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.  Covid put paid to that, so we postponed it to this year (thinking, at the time, the the pandemic wouldn't take long to pass), leaving monies paid with both the airline and holiday company.  Come this year, we now know that we won't be able to fly in May.  The holiday company suggested postponing to 2022, but we could be in the same boat then; who knows?  So we decided to draw a line under it, until better times.  Have already got our main outlay back and all that remains is a £244 seat reservation, which is agreed and in progress.  Phew.

Gaz

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Gaz_ said:

our 30th Wedding Anniversary

Many congratulations ! Few and far between are marriages that last that long. Hope you have a fantastic day and pleased your holiday costs were refunded. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lynn67 said:

My car passing it's MOT with just two advisories for the 2nd year in a row.:biggrin:

Congrats! Nothing like the feeling of a fresh new MOT. :) :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westbury63 said:

Congrats! Nothing like the feeling of a fresh new MOT. :) :thumbup:

One of the advisories is back silencer corroded which is 4th year on the trot I've had that, but I had it looked at in December and they said it was fine, it's only the outer bit that's corroded the inner skin is fine.

As someone who has no life, I've spent the last couple of days setting up a new AV receiver. The number of tweaks I kept having to make has really annoyed me, mainly having to turn things off that are marked 'DYNAMIC xxxx' and such like. Anyhoo having beaten it into submission, I have found that I can do a cable test on my HDMIs with it. It checks the max bandwidth of each one and tells you if it's good up to 8K, 4K/60fps etc. really useful...

Except I now have around 6 HDMI cables that aren't fast enough for future proofing or current needs :( 

But still the fact of finding a hidden feature was more than worth it :) It's right up there with finding a hidden packet of Liquorish Allsorts you had forgotten about 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

It's right up there with finding a hidden packet of Liquorish Allsorts you had forgotten about 

Not sure that would count as a moment of Joy in my book...   More a 'what annoyed you today' type of thing for me as I hate liquorice...:sick:

Jnr is back at school and has so far had 4 Covid tests, all negative! They system is working well. He is really enjoying be back in a classroom as it was hard for him to stay motivated at home. 

• Like 3

Setting the mixture on the Triumph 2000, a short test run in the sun and it runs very well. Lots of people were waving or smiling at the car in the sunshine. Clouded over now but the jobs done so I'm happy.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, P6bJOHN said:

Triumph 2000

The parents of a lad I went to school with many years ago had a Mk2 2.5Pi Estate as a family car...   and my neighbour across the road has a Stag that he's had restored.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

That was my dad's dream car, although it had to be yellow ...

Mine's very Yellow! Saffron actually.

thumbnail_IMG_3555.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3568.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1