Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Im just glad that it meant wales got a grand slam. I was busy shovelling 2 tonnes of sand around the garden to lay my second hand astroturf on... normally if i watch a crunch game it means the opposite of my desired result occurs. Im kinda glad i didnt watch the misery fest based on what BIL said when he called over after to help move the 2 heavy, awkward, motherf@+$&@ing rolls of said astroturf from the front to back garden.

And im even happier that scotland pulled a major comeback to draw with England...

• Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 12:17, Aspman said:

Small things..

I got a Troika Construction Pen at the weekend in TK Maxx. It's made of aluminium, quite chunky, has a spirit level, a stylus and a couple of screwdrivers. I just thought it was  weird thing. I like a nice pen and I like weird things so this was my sort of nick nack. £6 in TK maxx. Got home looked around and it goes for about £24 on Amazon. So a nice thingy and a bargain :biggrin:

TR42524-NEBU~Troika-Construction-Ballpoi

Got one!  Had to go to two TK Maxx stores but did find the last of the pens in the second.  Plenty of pencils left but figured I'd give those a miss ATM...

On 17/03/2019 at 10:58, skomaz said:

Got one!  Had to go to two TK Maxx stores but did find the last of the pens in the second.  Plenty of pencils left but figured I'd give those a miss ATM...

ah but was it worth the effort

42 minutes ago, Aspman said:

ah but was it worth the effort

indeed - just debating now whether to nip back for a pencil...   ;-)

We took over child care duties today for 2 of my wife's cousin's kids, as MIL and her sister (the other kids' granny) had to go to a funeral up the country. Couldnt expect the kids (10 & 5) to sit in the car for a 4 hr round trip of burying somebody...

They, combined with our spud, wrecked his room, the kitchen, utility, and with my help the garden...

the look on MIL and granny's faces when they saw the state of the kids crashed out on the couches, shattered, covered in muck, when they got back was priceless :D

• Like 2

On 18/03/2019 at 13:40, shyVRS245 said:

Go on be a .........:devil:

I did,

Was next door at Pets at Home and Wilko this morning so nipped in just to see if they still had the Troika's - they did!

So now I have both Pen and pencil   ;-)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skomaz said:

I did,

Was next door at Pets at Home and Wilko this morning so nipped in just to see if they still had the Troika's - they did!

So now I have both Pen and pencil   ;-)

If you listen to Danny Bowes (Thunder lead singer) on Planet Rock:rock: you should be careful because you are in possession of 2 highly dangerous pieces of equipment. You have been warned, be careful.:ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...

As the old joke said about one long deceased leader. "It's only when they speak you have to worry".

Yesterday really first Lewis winning in China when he seemed to struggle all weekend (75th win) then Tiger winning his 5th Masters after so many emotional and physical problems (back operation) to overcome. When he sank that final put I even shed a couple of joyful tears I was so pleased for him and his family who were there supporting him.:crying:

Smashing- Ken. I've noticed that since I've passed the 100k  mark, Furby has been getting better on mile. Nothing like your's, but it's getting better. i still keep an eye on th rear mirror ,to make sure Pelican ( hated bird on Wheeler Dealer) is not close behind, bring a 25ft William ( in short ) close.

Fixed the old Golf for free today. Been doing an 80 mile round trip to work every day last week with a 1.9tdi ALH 90 very down on power at top end (getting on to the motorway was painful), was suspecting a MAF issue or possibly turbo related so was going to do some logging.

....turns out the MAF sensor has been unplugged since I changed the air filter :D Also, this car has the most accurate MFD I've ever had. 60mpg indicated and 58.1mpg worked out from brimming tank, not bad for 173K

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The ALH lump is probably one if the best engines VW or anyone else ever built. Had ut in my mk1 octy.. easily averaged over 55mpg during the time i had it, nothing major ever went wring under the bonnet, in fact when the CTS started dying, not going over 70° indicated, i never changed it out because the mpg got better :D

i reckon the block could be hit by a .303 rifle round and it would just stutter for a few seconds then carry on for another 100thousand miles..

I received a video this morning showing my 2 1/2 yr grandson getting dressed with one red & one green sock on. Asked why he wanted odd socks he replied 'like what Pops does'......made me smile :inlove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, VRS Mike said:

went for a lovely bike ride yesterday, found a guy walking up a hill who had a blow out and was walking the 6 miles back home as he had no spare tube, I gave him my spare to get him on his way, sometimes it's doing things for others that give you the most joy.

I’ve been on both ends of that giving away tubes and patches. On the receiving end, on one bad ride I had used up the spare tube, all my patches and was walking back with the bike when a guy stopped and offered me his spare tube. With a long walk back on a very hot day I was more than grateful. The tube he gave me never punctured for the remainder of the time I had the bike before selling it.