Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Very good choice there. I miss my TFSI. Keep us posted on how you get on.

The engine bay will look great. My routine for them is the same as Karl's. I'm not one for a pressure washer in the engine bay. With a decent quality APC it won't take long to cut through all that.

• Like 3

post-48024-0-42382500-1459447022_thumb.jpg

Just had wheels done and purchased another DA polisher to attempt removing swirls

The last one I sold as I never got around to doling it, so hoping I will have some more time to play with it

Nice! Love the colour!

As for the engine bay, some diluted APC, various detailing brushes & plenty of MF cloths & then protect with a trim dressing of your choice will have that looking spot on!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As for dressings it is hard to beat Aerospace 303 and I am currently loving CarPro PERL.

• Like 1

Very good choice there. I miss my TFSI. Keep us posted on how you get on.

The engine bay will look great. My routine for them is the same as Karl's. I'm not one for a pressure washer in the engine bay. With a decent quality APC it won't take long to cut through all that.

I use my pressure washer in the bay, but not as a pressure washer ha.  I use engine bay cleaner on parts I can reach, let it sit a while, then use the pressure washer from about a metre away on the widest spread setting so it massively covers the bay in mist. Obviously I avoid electrical components as best I can and cover sensitive parts.

Just an update on my amateur detailing, purchased a DA polisher from Argos of all places, also popped up to clean and shiny and bought a list of things:

Zaino showroom wash

Britemax iron x wheel wash

britemax vantage wax

And for use with the Polisher chemical guys V32 compound.

First time I have used a DA so quite nervous about attacking the car with it, so took my time and quite impressed with the outcomes, typically it started raining but did mean I got some good beading pictures though.

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

Happy with the outcome and any critical comments are more then welcome.

• Like 3

Just an update on my amateur detailing, purchased a DA polisher from Argos of all places, also popped up to clean and shiny and bought a list of things:

Zaino showroom wash

Britemax iron x wheel wash

britemax vantage wax

And for use with the Polisher chemical guys V32 compound.

First time I have used a DA so quite nervous about attacking the car with it, so took my time and quite impressed with the outcomes, typically it started raining but did mean I got some good beading pictures though.

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

Happy with the outcome and any critical comments are more then welcome.

Looking good! Britemax vantage is a wax that gets some great reviews & looks cracking on the Beamer. A shape I'm fond of too!

• Like 2

Helped a mate tackle this beast of a job at the weekend..... what a pig this was.

A mate had offered to detail this for a family friend at the weekend....allowing 2 days.

He had spent all day Saturday on it..... over 7 hours and he wasnt getting anywhere. :S

Anyway - he asked me over on Sunday to check it out and assist

Good paint levels but horrendous wet sanding marks and buffer trails from poorly run rotary work!

Another 8 hours..... 2 stage correction with Rotary cut, then DA refiing...... sorted. Great experience to bring mistreated paint like this back to life[emoji106]

12523992_1717276808510592_77620738049815

As said the other day, great work by yourself & Richard. I'm sure he'll be having words with his family friend about it haha! I saw the before photos under the lights... horrendous!

• Like 1

As said the other day, great work by yourself & Richard. I'm sure he'll be having words with his family friend about it haha!

I saw the before photos under the lights... horrendous!

Cheers Karl - the positive comments are appreciated.

A tough day but a good learning experience.... but not one i would like to repeat.

Still good banter on the day and plenety of products on test to get the desired results.

Great work if someone were to be paying you for every hour spent on it;

but in this instance - i got a lunch and a few beers to enjoy.

I used to quite fancy a transporter T5 -  but after Sunday.... not sure now! :x

• Like 1

Cheers Karl - the positive comments are appreciated.

A tough day but a good learning experience.... but not one i would like to repeat.

Still good banter on the day and plenety of products on test to get the desired results.

Great work if someone were to be paying you for every hour spent on it;

but in this instance - i got a lunch and a few beers to enjoy.

I used to quite fancy a transporter T5 - but after Sunday.... not sure now! :x

Sounded a tough day speaking to Richard on the phone about it!

Didn't realise the paint on those were so hard! Again like you say, good learning experience!

Haha yes, stay away from them! [emoji28]

• Like 1

Sounded a tough day speaking to Richard on the phone about it!

Didn't realise the paint on those were so hard! Again like you say, good learning experience!

Haha yes, stay away from them! [emoji28]

Congratulations..... 1000 posts there matie! :clap: :sun:

Yeah - i think Richard was slightly traumatised really.... i went over just for moral support initially;

and to lend him the rotary polisher and microfibre cutting pads. Next thing i knew i was doing a test panel... :x

• Like 1

Helped a mate tackle this beast of a job at the weekend..... what a pig this was.

A mate had offered to detail this for a family friend at the weekend....allowing 2 days.

He had spent all day Saturday on it..... over 7 hours and he wasnt getting anywhere. :S

Anyway - he asked me over on Sunday to check it out and assist

Good paint levels but horrendous wet sanding marks and buffer trails from poorly run rotary work!

Another 8 hours..... 2 stage correction with 3M Rotary cut stage, then Flex VRG DA refine stage...... sorted.

Great experience to bring mistreated paint like this back to life :thumbup:

Wow! Looks badass, can almost see the A-team inside ;) Guess the A-team did the paint this time :)

• Like 1

Congratulations..... 1000 posts there matie! :clap: :sun:

Yeah - i think Richard was slightly traumatised really.... i went over just for moral support initially;

and to lend him the rotary polisher and microfibre cutting pads. Next thing i knew i was doing a test panel... :x

Haha!. I didn't even realise!

Well worth the effort though mate!

• Like 1

Tried the new karcher k4 out today, shampoo turned up late so only a quick one.

After jet wash used autoglym deep polish then some sealant.

When I have more time I'm gonna get the clay bar out.

post-138248-0-62001600-1459884282_thumb.jpeg

post-138248-0-10679900-1459884361_thumb.jpeg

post-138248-0-79286200-1459884372_thumb.jpeg

post-138248-0-21703600-1459884384_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

So ive been given the work van for a week so i thought id make a start on sorting out the very flat and tired looking paint work. I made a start on the bonnet doing a 2 stage polish followed by a coat of chemical guys blacklight and the a coat of collinite marque d-elegance, i didnt take many pics as time was against me so i just wanted to crack on.

008_zpskqpoxnll.jpg

009_zpsyuhnascq.jpg

010_zpswplk4way.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

014_zpsgquamwmm.jpg

So this will do for now hopefully next weekend i can get round to doing the other side and the rear of the van and that will be job done.

• Like 2

So ive been given the work van for a week so i thought id make a start on sorting out the very flat and tired looking paint work. I made a start on the bonnet doing a 2 stage polish followed by a coat of chemical guys blacklight and the a coat of collinite marque d-elegance, i didnt take many pics as time was against me so i just wanted to crack on.

008_zpskqpoxnll.jpg

009_zpsyuhnascq.jpg

010_zpswplk4way.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

014_zpsgquamwmm.jpg

So this will do for now hopefully next weekend i can get round to doing the other side and the rear of the van and that will be job done.

Not doing the roof then ;)

• Like 1

008_zpskqpoxnll.jpg

009_zpsyuhnascq.jpg

010_zpswplk4way.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

014_zpsgquamwmm.jpg

Massive difference so far! Awesome!

• Like 1

008_zpskqpoxnll.jpg

009_zpsyuhnascq.jpg

010_zpswplk4way.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

012_zpsh4unkmrh.jpg

014_zpsgquamwmm.jpg

Great work Mark - having done a T5 a couple of weeks back;

i know how rewarding (but tiring) this sort of job can be! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I have the Merc AMG C63 on loan for a week..... so we arranged a good days detailing with Karl and Alan yesterday :sun:

A big improvement on what i picked up on Friday,.... but Alloys and Exhaust tips need refurb/replacement.

Lights and B-pillars polished to remove swirls, wash and full decon, sealant and waxed.... finished with gloss boss.

The pictures dont do the white pearlescent any justice really.

12985414_10207434043623938_8329992229586

• Like 4

Yes you don't really get a jist of how a car is until you detail it, the former owner or the Merc garage, had destroyed the tips with brick acid, much to our disappointment , yet the underside came up a treat! Same for the engine bay I think the original delivery wax was never removed, and now as that engine bay gets sauna hot its caked on.,, At least the paintwork came up a treat , some piece of kit but let down by dubious chrome detailing , Audi's have an overall more upmarket feel , though I think all the money was spent on that glorious engine  :envy:

• Like 2

Took this picture after backing out of the car wash. Taken directly above the front of the hood so you can see the car wash in the reflection. In the dark part one can see the pearl effect of the paint.

post-141435-0-27326900-1460536486_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

washing the car 3 times in a week might be overkill, but my kid decided to rub his hand with gloves on, on the side of the car. Aouch, full of markings from the sand. The wash with schampoo/wax didnt help, but a polish maschine might do the trick, its not deep markings. At least the rest looks great again :)

post-141435-0-12117200-1460976474_thumb.jpeg

post-141435-0-33771300-1460976492_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2