1 hour ago, Rsrob said:

Did a full detail on my karoq sportline yesterday using auto finesse products  

pic21.JPG

Your not supposed to buff it to the primer 😉

Edited by NJRJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

All this time lounging around at home there really is no excuse for not cleaning the car. I finally got round to swapping back to summer tyres so a chance to give the calipers a proper clean too. I gave the interior a quick vac and wipe over while I was at it. 

No polish or wax yet, plenty of time for that I suppose. My neighbor was cleaning his very tidy Nissan 350z too. Interesting to know its a 300bhp car, approx. the same as a chip tuned vRS. Anyway heres some pics if it works ...

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

• Like 2

So after 6k without a wash and driving through a constant bit of floodage due to a leaky water pipe for the last 3 months, yesterday I decided to give the barge a proper bath. 

Jacked it up and did the wheels and arches 
rinsed it and then used an apc and a detail factory brush to do the nooks crannies, badges, grill, and door shuts 

snow foamed it

rinsed it, two bucket wash, rinse

two stage decontamination (there was lots, three applications of fallout remover and tar and glue remover) 

rinse 

snow foam 

rise

clay bar

dry 

polish 

wax 

6 hours, done. Now for the inside 😕 

I really wish I had taken before photos!! 

F5C1D9EE-09A4-4555-8320-1118B3F509E2.jpeg

5BE5E462-E413-47AB-A3DC-0090DB72A858.jpeg

76205B2F-1A7A-4357-8C1D-4A14BF1FA073.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheGingerOne said:

6 hours, done......

Good man 👍  Time well spent.  Rushing it is so-oo passe!

Gaz

• Thanks 1

Good wash today. Full decontamination which got rid of alot of tar deposits (though some remain where I missed them) but can do it again next wash seeing as it isn't going anywhere. (If anyone can reccomend a good tar removed I'm all ears!) 

Even got down to do stone chips and scratches on the bodywork. Front of the car looks much smoother though some stone chips need attention (primer in but not topcoat). 

IMG_20200404_164851.jpg

PSX_20200404_165255.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WolfyWesty said:

Good wash today. Full decontamination which got rid of alot of tar deposits (though some remain where I missed them) but can do it again next wash seeing as it isn't going anywhere. (If anyone can reccomend a good tar removed I'm all ears!) 

Even got down to do stone chips and scratches on the bodywork. Front of the car looks much smoother though some stone chips need attention (primer in but not topcoat). 

IMG_20200404_164851.jpg

PSX_20200404_165255.jpg

Autofinesse ObliTARate is really effective, as it softens and removes a lot of tar before claying.

Follow claying with some Autofinesse Iron Out to remove deep contamination - it’s funny watching the car bleed as the contaminants are dissolved 😁

• Like 1

Gave girlfriend's EcoSport a good wash yesterday. Used CarPlan No.1 Super Gloss on it, works a treat! Unsure about the "lasts 12 months claim" but has shines it up brilliantly. 

In some ways I'm jealous of how good black metallic paint can shine compared to my Candy White gloss, but then the black shoes every small mark known to mankind.

Next time the cars are washed I'll be treating then to Chemical Guys 'EZ Creme Glaze" to see how well it shines them both up. 

PSX_20200406_110528.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamieP86 said:

Post winter detail carried out - swirls removed and car protected.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200412175958159_COVER.thumb.jpg.148a3421ed98e9428586c016f4e6b874.jpg

Nice.  I was impressed with your Superb when I came to buy the Octavia - it looks even better now.

I thought you might like to see your old car all cleaned and shiny (with a little bit of editing for artistic licence😁)

P1010817.JPG

P1010821.JPG

Well, as uncle Boris said I cant go anywhere I thought I would give it a full clean and polish, and whilst I am at it add some styling to headlights and VRS stripes.

_20200419_194702.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, gave my partner’s 10 year Toyota Yaris, good clean with Auto Finesse products including my first use of AF Tripple. Worked and looks a treat for a 10 year old car. Will be trying Tripple on my Octavia. 

9A51C5AD-5E5B-41D3-93C6-50630BF36AD3.jpeg

DB63AE3A-A46B-4EB5-86B0-EB4C69F0928C.jpeg

• Like 2

A picture on Jars recent S3 detail sent me over the edge, and I knew I just had to do something about my tailpipes, which even after a recent wash were still looking a bit sad.  Even with a green scourer, the carbon deposits were stubborn.  I watched a YouTube video which showed someone using a wire brush.  I didn't fancy that, but with a bit of gentle rubbing with wire wool it came good.

Nearside before:

IMG_2815.jpg

Nearside after:

IMG_2819.jpg

Offside before:

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

Offside after:

IMG_2822.jpg

I quite liked this shot:

IMG_2816.jpg

Not perfect, but I'm happy with the results.

Gaz

Edited by IamGaz
Deleted a duplicate photo
  • Like 3

I initially used 00 grade wire wool, but wasn’t happy with it so grabbed a cheapo foam drill attachment from EBay  to get it to how you saw it. 

That said, these tailpipes came up awesomely