MY16

I was going to say "they can't charge you extra and not give you the very function you paid extra for" but then Skoda did withdraw support for Mirrorlink and issue refunds to those that specially paid extra to get that feature :-s

Thats unlikely in this case. It specifies that smartlink is compatible with android auto and Apple CarPlay.

Edited by Gromle

Thats unlikely in this case. It specifies that smartlink is compatible with android auto and Apple CarPlay.

Smartlink is compatible, but is the Bolero/Amundsen that it's connected to?!

Smartlink is compatible, but is the Bolero/Amundsen that it's connected to?!

It has to be when no such exceptions are mentioned in pricelist. Or it should at least be...

The Norwegian pricelist (dated 20th of may) lists the Bolero with a 5.8" screen. But at the same time lists Smartlink as an available option for all models. 

But it also has an option called Wifi-hotspot, seperate from both smartgate and smartlink. Anyone knows what functionality that brings?

The Wifi-hotspot is a mandatory option if you select Columbus, so it might have something to do with SmartLink. It gives you the possibility to create a 4G zone in your car, so the kids can surf "for free" from the back seats :) 

At the same time you have the option called Rear Seat Entertainment, which "allows you to control the Columbus from the phone". Sounds like the SmartLink, but comes in addition to the SmartLink option.

• Like 1

Different seats for the vrs on that brochure too.

Where? The Latvian brochure? They're the same

7a4f301bc6a54e32a0a127f006ceffe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by iphonik4
  • Like 1

At the same time you have the option called Rear Seat Entertainment, which "allows you to control the Columbus from the phone". Sounds like the SmartLink, but comes in addition to the SmartLink option.

That's actually already possible on MY15 cars with SmartGate.

RSE? Oh you mean Rear Seat Entertainment.

The marketing text says, it's what makes "controlling the Columbus via a smartphone" possible. But that's already possible with SmartGate. What new does RSE offer? It seems the people writing the marketing text aren't familiar with the functionality.

Edited by kallekilponen

RS feature start-stop and brake energy recovery from the beginning

Searching on pg 20 of UK Octavia manual http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/request-a-brochure/

It only mentions the Brake energy recovery on the Octavia Green line III.

I don't ever recall this being mentioned as standard equipment on my vRS MK3 Diesel (I do have start-stop....but don't recall having brake energy recovery.)

Also checked Skoda.ie for VRS...also not listed.

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures

RSE? Oh you mean Rear Seat Entertainment.

I don't know what that is if they say it's what makes controlling the Columbus via a smartphone possible, since that's already possible with SmartGate. What new does RSE offer? It seems the people writing the marketing text aren't familiar with the functionality.

"SmartGate

The SmartGate is a system that uses Wi-Fi connection to send selected vehicle data to the connected device. The SmartGate feature is one of the solutions that connect the car with smartphone. It allows the user to see more than 40 parameters through telemetric – e.g. vehicle speed, engine revs, fuel level, trip computer or g-meter, brake status or the throttle position."

Smatgate connects the cars control unit via Wi-Fi to ur device... It doesn't allow to control Infotainment with ur device. It has nothing to do with Infotainment.

I don't ever recall this being mentioned as standard equipment on my vRS MK3 Diesel (I do have start-stop....but don't recall having brake energy recovery.)

I remember reading that somewhere will have to check the manual

Smatgate connects the cars control unit via Wi-Fi to ur device... It doesn't allow to control Infotainment with ur device. It has nothing to do with Infotainment.

Sorry, not true. Read the SmartGate thread where I posted screenshots. (I have SmartGate and it does most certainly allow you to control the Columbus with a phone or a tablet.)

Which brings us back to the question: What exactly is Rear Seat Functionality, since the functionality is already included in SmartGate?

Edited by kallekilponen

I remember reading that somewhere will have to check the manual

Sorry, not true. Read the SmartGate thread where I posted screenshots. (I have SmartGate and it does most certainly allow you to control the Columbus with a phone or a tablet.)

Which brings us back to the question: What exactly is Rear Seat Functionality, since the functionality is already included in SmartGate?

Dunno about u, but Im an owner MY2015 vRS with Smartgate and MIB1 Columbus ;) ;) Mine in equipped with SG from the factory but see the SG retrofit manual. Doesn't mention ANYTHING about Infotainment. U don't have to have any Infotainment at all...

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/smartgate

Where does this link mention Infotainment?

Edited by iphonik4

Dunno about u, but Im an owner MY2015 vRS with Smartgate and MIB1 Columbus ;) ;) Mine in equipped with SG from the factory but see the SG retrofit manual. Doesn't mention ANYTHING about Infotainment. U don't have to have any Infotainment at all...

MY2015 Elegance and MIB Columbus. Skoda Media Command works like a charm, though I don't have any use for it. Skoda manuals seem to be pretty clueless about many functions.

Really? Wow! Gonna try that. But Iam still not able to find your screenshots.

The forums search function seems to be a little so-so when looking for older posts. But the screenshots on the Apple site should show you the same thing.  :D

• Like 1

Searching on pg 20 of UK Octavia manual http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/request-a-brochure/

Which version of the brochure is on the website today? (Serious question - yesterday it was the April version, last week it was May.)

The January 2015 UK brochure lists "Energy recovery" and "Stop/start" as standard equipment on the S on page 18. All the other models include all the S equipment unless otherwise stated.

The SE I specified on the UK web configurator in April included "Start/stop system with regenerative braking" as standard.

Which version of the brochure is on the website today? (Serious question - yesterday it was the April version, last week it was May.)

The January 2015 UK brochure lists "Energy recovery" and "Stop/start" as standard equipment on the S on page 18. All the other models include all the S equipment unless otherwise stated.

The SE I specified on the UK web configurator in April included "Start/stop system with regenerative braking" as standard.

The Norwegian list from January says all models have GreenTec. Wich is start/stop, TPMS and energy recovery from engine braking.

Just had a conversation with Skoda UK Customer Service and there appears to be very little difference between MY15 and MY16 Octavia for the UK.

Apart from the EU6 engines, there are minor changes to text and symbols and that seems to be about it. No changes in anything like MIB.

:sweat:

I'm just about to order a new vrs and i'm very confused.

I spoke to Skoda UK customer services - they said that the free amundsen on the configurator at the moment is the old 5.8" unit, so the comments above about this being a run-out special seem correct.

However, you CAN specify smartlink as an option on the configurator (ie to get apple car plan) but on the skoda smarlink page it shows only the new MIB II 6.5" screen as being compatible with smartlink?!

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/smartlink

WTF!?

:sweat:

I'm just about to order a new vrs and i'm very confused.

I spoke to Skoda UK customer services - they said that the free amundsen on the configurator at the moment is the old 5.8" unit, so the comments above about this being a run-out special seem correct.

However, you CAN specify smartlink as an option on the configurator (ie to get apple car plan) but on the skoda smarlink page it shows only the new MIB II 6.5" screen as being compatible with smartlink?!

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/smartlink

WTF!?

Yup this is what I am trying to get to the bottom of with skoda UK. Very conflicting information which they don't really know about either.

They recently said to me that the smartlink page is not a UK site so can't be taken as the rule for UK cars..

That's pretty poor if skoda can't get their message across..