MY16

I wouldn't be too sure Vegit8, it was a week 23 build - confirmed MY16

Well - if thats the case then brilliant, just seems an awful long wait from wk14, but worth it I guess.

Well - if thats the case then brilliant, just seems an awful long wait from wk14, but worth it I guess.

I could write a book on this! My order was 24th March. Nowhere near being delivered, but is defo defo a my16. There has been delays and scouts getting preferential build slots etc etc. Anyhow after much much to and fro i have all the documents which on them says my16! Mine will be in UK this week then delivery to N.I and all the rest. Im supposed to get it 29th June :(

Amazing News! Had confirmation from skoda UK that MY16 cars will all feature the new 6.5" Amundsen and Bolero units! They just haven't filtered into the documentation yet but they will!

This is the news we have finally been waiting for!

This is great news!  Now I all I have to do is hope I get the Amundsen under the free upgrade as my build estimate is not until week 40ish!

Just out of interest, the Amundsen did not appear on my order form - on the basis that it was a free upgrade.  Is this correct, or should dealer specified it at no cost?

Amazing News! Had confirmation from skoda UK that MY16 cars will all feature the new 6.5" Amundsen and Bolero units! They just have filtered into the documentation yet!

Unfortunately there's no way to Super Like your posting!! ;-) Great news... Thanks for sharing.

Now when will I get a call from the dealer to let me know I can come and take delivery. Car was built week 22 and has been in the UK since last week.

• Like 2

This is great news! Now I all I have to do is hope I get the Amundsen under the free upgrade as my build estimate is not until week 40ish!

Just out of interest, the Amundsen did not appear on my order form - on the basis that it was a free upgrade. Is this correct, or should dealer specified it at no cost?

Mine in build week 37 and has amundsen. Or at least it was a no cost option on the ordering screen at the dealer.

If in doubt get in writing the full spec of your order from your dealer

Amazing News! Had confirmation from skoda UK that MY16 cars will all feature the new 6.5" Amundsen and Bolero units! They just have filtered into the documentation yet!

That's not what Skoda UK told me......

Mine in build week 37 and has amundsen. Or at least it was a no cost option on the ordering screen at the dealer.

If in doubt get in writing the full spec of your order from your dealer

I had a print out of the ordered car.  No mention of Amundsen because it it is a free upgrade and they are upgrading all orders.  Did your order form actually refer to it?

I have to say, until one of us actually gets their MY16 car, esp. one where Smartlink wasn't an added/paid for option, it's not wise to get too excited! :-s Hopefully that won't be too long a wait.

FYI someone posted a pic on a German Skoda forum of their MY16 car and it looked like it had a bigger screen (can't tell for sure as they weren't considerate enough to hold a ruler diagonally across the screen!) :-S

• Like 1

Are the Amundsen upgrades you are referring to for the VRS?

It seems to be a standard fit on SEL, Scout and L&K.

Or is it an upgrade to the Amundsen itself?

hmmm just called in to the dealer today, I ordered my 1.4 SEL estate on 8th May. It was built last week and is due at Emden tomorrow. Bad news though is that apparently they have been told that there is a big logjam at Emden and the delay there can be up to 8 weeks. Apparently Port of Tyne is now turning ships away (diverting to Sheerness). So my car was turned from an order to a built car in 4 weeks but will then take a further 8 weeks to get on a ship.

Ho hum, at lleast the big screen is now confirmed :-)  

I have to say, until one of us actually gets their MY16 car, esp. one where Smartlink wasn't an added/paid for option, it's not wise to get too excited! :-s Hopefully that won't be too long a wait.

FYI someone posted a pic on a German Skoda forum of their MY16 car and it looked like it had a bigger screen (can't tell for sure as they weren't considerate enough to hold a ruler diagonally across the screen!) :-S

http://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/modelljahr-2016.97198/page-54#post-1203661

The bad news... although you get MIB2 and a bigger screen

1) You do indeed lose the CD player (there will for sure be people who will be *pretty upset* about this as to date the brochure states you get a CD player!)

2) The removal of the CD player is done in a very Simply Unclever fashion i.e. the box in the glove box is still there and occupying space, just blanked out (as seen in the pics at the above site).

EDIT: I created an account on that website to enable me to click through the images and see larger versions. Etiquette wise, is it ok to download the larger pics from that site and post them here?

Edited by RB79
  • Like 1

More good news... my car is with the dealer as of today!!!  :happy:  :happy:  :happy: 

Hopefully collection this week. Slight snag is that there is a delay getting it registered as DVLA don't have MY16 cars on their systems... so not sure what kind of delay this could cause :-S

• Like 1

I got confirmation from skoda UK direct who took week and a half to get back to me after consulting the central product team for skoda. Waiting to get this in writing but I have no reason to believe these are lies considering the service I got from SUK (took a while but very good service with calls every few days to keep me updated)

Also confirmed no cd player but this is not an issue for me.

Edited by Iamholam
  • Like 1

I got confirmation from skoda UK direct who took week and a half to get back to me after consulting the central product team for skoda. Waiting to get this in writing but I have no reason to believe these are lies considering the service I got from SUK (took a while but very good service with calls every few days to keep me updated)

I have it in writing that mine should have come with MIB 2 wonder if they can retro fit it 

I ordered 9th April, dealer confirmed build week 8th June so MY16.... I'll believe what I get when it arrives! Update today suggests at dealer by 30th June and me 2 weeks after this.

I'll be a bit annoyed if there is no CD player.

Free amundsen specced so see what I actually get.

The news itself isn't amazing, as this is what VAG has been saying for months. What is amazing is that SUK have finally managed to work out what they're selling, three weeks after it started being built! I wonder how long it will take to get accurate brochures and manuals printed.

• Like 2

The news itself isn't amazing, as this is what VAG has been saying for months. What is amazing is that SUK have finally managed to work out what they're selling, three weeks after it started being built! I wonder how long it will take to get accurate brochures and manuals printed.

MY16.5 they might have just about caught up, as it changes again and they spin the random specification wheel of fortune ...........

I ordered 9th April, dealer confirmed build week 8th June so MY16.... I'll believe what I get when it arrives! Update today suggests at dealer by 30th June and me 2 weeks after this.

I'll be a bit annoyed if there is no CD player.

Free amundsen specced so see what I actually get.

proof that there's no pleasing everyone. The thread to date has been driven by people worrying they'd not get the new screen, now that SUK have confirmed that MY16 will have the new screen we have the down side, people who would have preferred the MY15 head unit :-)

In 4 years of having a yeti I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the CD. All my music is on SD cards and I use those instead.

• Like 1

So did I direct from Skoda UK, who said, "no, the screens are not bigger, sorry."

I'm not sure we can take the German site as gospel, or any other than the UK, as I do think that we get a different version of the Amundsen because of DAB and it may be that they gave a stick of these to use up. But who knows until the things get to us :-)

I would like the bigger screen but the blank in the glove box takes up the same space so it would be as well having the CD drive imo.

Not the end of the world but MIB2 won't be any real benefit given I font have smartgate etc

MIB2 will also be a higher resolution screen so text and images should be crisper. I would imagine that the functionality will be faster and better too. Like moving from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6

Edited by Iamholam
  • Like 1