Octavia build dates for new orders

@murdo511 As far as I know the iPod connection option is just to enable basic functionality between the head unit and iPod/iPhone devices. To my understanding it allows the device music to be played and maybe for calls as an alternative to Bluetooth. This doesn't include smartlink.

Smartlink is a much more advanced concept which allows the phone to be the master and the head unit to become a slave I.e. the head unit becomes the screen for the phone (not quite as simple as that) and the phone drives what is shown on the head unit's screen. For example this could allow the phone installed nav software (if it is Smartlink certified) e.g. google maps to be shown on the head unit (likely through a specially adapted UI) with all its richness of information e.g. live traffic info, which you don't get from the head units built in Nav software.

Above is the short if it, but there are many benefits to having Smartlink and its worth having especially if you plan to keep the car for a while. Typically your head unit (its software and features) feels out of date after a short while but that doesn't matter so much when you have smartlink as you can have you phone drive the head unit with latest and greatest software and experiences.

Edited by RB79
  • Like 2

@Snie where in the world are you based? Have you been told your car is an MY16 car? 17th May build could be classified as wk21 or wk22 hence the question.

What Octavia variant do you have?

Just for extra info, I've just spoken to SKODA UK and been told that my VRS TSI DSG, ordered 28th April (WK 18), will be built next week, WK 25.

No idea of delivery dates yet.

@murdo511 As far as I know the iPod connection option is just to enable basic functionality between the head unit and iPod/iPhone devices. To my understanding it allows the device music to be played and maybe for calls as an alternative to Bluetooth. This doesn't include smartlink.

thanks for your reply. I've posted elsewhere about my attempt to change options after the order date and whilst I'm really pleased that my build will be 2016MY - I'm conversely irritated that dealer and online configurator couldn't advise me of the availability of the Smartlink option. I'd definitely have selected this. Never mind . :)

@Snie where in the world are you based? Have you been told your car is an MY16 car? 17th May build could be classified as wk21 or wk22 hence the question.

17 May is the end of week 20, so definitely an MY15 car.

Order on Sunday 7th June....delivery expected end of October :(

What's that based on. I ordered on 1st June and not been told a thing. Dealer told me they have been working on 8 weeks.

Ordered vrs tdi on 25th March , car was built week ending 24th may and only arrived in UK yesterday. Have been told today that will be a further 2 weeks. Is it normal to have 5 weeks from build to delivery?

Ordered Vrs tdi estate 24th March. Told 6week lead time, but wink wink nod nod expect it to be 8 weeks. No problem. I was offered a silly amount for my octavia, and was told that if i run it on until delivery obviously the silly offer would be even worse. So advertised my car and after 3 weeks got a sound offer £1300 pound more than 1st silly offer from stealer. So sold it. Hey ho, walk to work for 3 weeks max 5 weeks. Taxi taxi rain rain shops etc etc. The only car we had etc etc. long story short, been mucked around silly, given delivery date after delivery date, booked days off work. 1/2 days before said date stealer rings up, bad news im affraid etc etc. Was eventually told June 10th. I said ok July? Stealer says if its not here then ill give you a car until it arrives. 2 days ago, no car. Then dealer wants me to insure car he said he would GIVE me, then says i ahould hire car off him until end of month and insure it and he would pay for insurance via deposit refund when my car arrives?? Said WHAT? Forget your car. Got onto Skoda UK. Car still in GERMANY. Sorry sorry etc. TODAY theough social media they inform me it is at emdon, and i will have car in 4 weeks. Sorry sorry etc. im awaiting a call from there complaints team now. Am i wrong in thinking something is up here? I sold my very very good car on the back of there lead time at point of sale? Im really not happy, dont wanna go into all the extra taxis getting shopping dentists doctors football practise etc etc that goes when you have no car. So JULY now for me. Ordered 24th March.

Edited by Rutty555

What's that based on. I ordered on 1st June and not been told a thing. Dealer told me they have been working on 8 weeks.

On what the dealer has stated.....again we all know how different that can be. I'm really hoping it will be here for September.

I haven't got my build week yet as the system is playing up so hopefully I will have that this week. My gut feeling is they are holding back upon this to hit a target or two.........but I'm naturally cynical!!

On what the dealer has stated.....again we all know how different that can be. I'm really hoping it will be here for September.

I haven't got my build week yet as the system is playing up so hopefully I will have that this week. My gut feeling is they are holding back upon this to hit a target or two.........but I'm naturally cynical!!

Have you been given any rough delivery time yet? What did you go for?

I added an option today (must step away from the options list) and it was no problem, so did wonder if the order has gone in yet.  Dealer said ball park September or October. I will be extremely surprised and very happy if it is September, October possible I guess, and I am telling myself November, so as to avoid disappointment.  If December I will be miffed.

When I bought the Mk2 the dealer was pretty spot on with estimates so can but hope, but ain't holding my breath!

Edit - sorry didn't answer what I have gone for.  VRs petrol estate, one or two extras (Black pack plus, Canton etc etc etc)

Edited by RobbySpurs

I ordered a vrs combi, with a good few extras on May 27th and dealer is expecting it for end of July, he thinks a build slot opened up was expecting September

Octavia Scout 150PS ordered 7th June.

Options: Moon white, towbar and heated front seats.

Expected delivery sometime early September at the moment.

RobbySpurs - sounds the same sort of spec as mine. Hoping this will mean that there is no delays in production and hopefully will be close to the 8 weeks as suggested above.

Though even if it comes in before september mine will be registered as a 65 plate.

• Like 1

RobbySpurs - sounds the same sort of spec as mine. Hoping this will mean that there is no delays in production and hopefully will be close to the 8 weeks as suggested above.

Though even if it comes in before september mine will be registered as a 65 plate.

Go for lots of toys fella?  I keep going back to the options list and thinking I should have got this or that.  Currently thinking I should of got the powered boot...but got to draw the line!

Have you had this agreed with the dealer, they don't like delaying the registration by too long as this means they don't get their money!

We are going to be out of the UK for 2 months from the beginning of September - and we have been told that if our car arrives during that period they will reg the car and keep it in their compound till we get back.

Dealer called today and said expect 1st August, that's 8 weeks from order date 1st June... I'll believe it when I see it. I think he's just stating figures without a true date in mind. Of course every week extra my trade-in value will drop!

Edited by jobsworth

I ordered a VRS TDi Estate at the beginning of May (plenty of options) and SUK have told me this afternoon my car is scheduled for build week comm 22/6/15 with delivery to dealer late July. 

If it arrives before August 1st I am taking it immediately as it is a lease car.

Latest on my Scout 184, ordered 27/4/15, BW22 is that it's at-sea on it's way to presumably Grimsby.

Anyone care to hazard an evidence-based guess on the time it will take to get from port to the dealer?